The "wreck motif" plays, among other appearances, when two wrecks are revealed - the Black Rock and Oceanic 815.
Full list of appearances
- The survivors see the black smoke from the beach. ("Exodus, Part 1")
- Jack takes a group out to the Hatch.
- Rousseau talks to the survivors in the Dark Territory.
- The survivors catch their first sight of the Black Rock.
- They discuss the ship. ("Exodus, Part 2")
- Isaac of Uluru tells Rose about the healing powers of certain areas of the world. ("S.O.S.")
- Michael tries to communicate with Walt over the Swan computer. ("Three Minutes")
- The Christiane I discovers the apparent wreckage of Oceanic 815. ("Confirmed Dead")
- Dr. Chang gets ready for the filming of the Arrow orientation film. ("Because You Left")
- Dr. Chang sees the area where the workers at the Orchid tried to drill into the wall.
- Juliet discovers that the imploded Swan is once again the Hatch.
- Daniel watches Dr. Chang talk to the construction foreman. ("The Variable")
- Richard returns to the Black Rock. ("Dr. Linus")
The motif is a variation of the series' mystery theme.