The last two or three days Edit
Has anyone noticed that dozens of new users have been created over the last couple of days? Does anyone find this suspicious?
Star Trek XI changes Edit
You rock! Nice work! --Xsg 14:52, 24 May 2006 (PDT)
- Thank you. -- Ramirez Selvarn 14:52, 24 May 2006 (PDT)
Vandalism by Novajoe23 on 5/24/06Edit
How can I help with stopping this attack? -- Ramirez Selvarn 15:28, 24 May 2006 (PDT)
Pardon... I hate asking these sorts of questions because I'm sure there's a document somewhere that explains how it's done. If you can point me to such a document, I'd appreciate it greatly, but if you just have the answer, that's fine too...
Now that I've created a template signature, I would like to know what to type in the edit box so that my signature template appears followed by a date stamp. Obviously, I only have part of the equation... —XSG
- see my page, i have a sig section, it tells you all you need to know talk contribs 16:38, 24 May 2006 (PDT)
What to do with articles that are ready for deletionEdit
Well, redirecting to spam certainly makes it very easy in emergency situations such as this, but as for normal operations let's say this. We will use the template for deletion, pass votes and when a consensus is reached a sysop will delete it. The redirect method was initially created to stop spammers that linked entries to malware , cialis, viagra, penis enlargement or other BS websites and to point vandalism such as Bob's attack. hope that clarifies your question. could really use a drink right now. GodEmperorOfHell --16:45, 24 May 2006 (PDT)
- Okay. I'm going to change the template, then, to say "This article has been nominated for deletion." And I wish I was old enough to drink ;) -- Ramirez Selvarn 16:47, 24 May 2006 (PDT)
I won't get to see it until Friday, like many moderators currently on here, so I don't want my last 15 minutes on here for 2 days being spoilt. Blocking repeat offenders is the easiest solution. --17:46, 24 May 2006 (PDT)
Totally agreed, as International users we have it very difficult with people knowing before us, spoilers are the thing that pushed me not to wait for local airings. I may not see it until friday as well. GodEmperorOfHell --17:50, 24 May 2006 (PDT)
MrSurge Replies: If a person is coming to this site an hour before the airing of the show, Is he/she not looking for spoilers, I marked my changes with the spoiler tag. There was no warnings on the main page before I started editing, only after. As european viewers, you will get spoilers prior to your airing or downloading anyhow. I'm not sure the reason for the policy.
- claire was the only on ehtat mentioned that violet sky, she's the only personal reference we have. talk contribs 13:59, 25 May 2006 (PDT)
- See my comment on Talk:The Discharge. When was the screencap shown? -- Ramirez Selvarn 14:00, 25 May 2006 (PDT)
Delete tables if you wish... Edit
I'll just save to my User page. Problem solved. Thanks for being patient. --Recurr 14:31, 25 May 2006 (PDT)
Whisky Tango Foxtrot? Edit
That's the price we pay for having such enthusiastic editors, people sometimes can get a little carried away. The only way I could nuke those changes is if it were demonstrated that text is cmpied from elsewhere, but if someone actually took the time to type all that(!), a cleanup is at hand. who wants to get its hands dirty? --GodEmperorOfHell 16:29, 4 June 2006 (PDT)
- Moral of the story is; don't visit your grandmother... ;) --GodEmperorOfHell 16:45, 4 June 2006 (PDT)
- I use the little What links here feature in the toolbox. You will then see a list of the articles that link to there. If the article is too short or with little or no useful information and nothing links to there, it's uncategorized and not marked as a stub then it's a goner. --GodEmperorOfHell 19:00, 7 June 2006 (PDT)
Special:Lonelypages or Orphaned pages does the same, but lists all of them. What links here is more practical because it lets me make decisions regarding a single article and is at hand. In an ideal situation Orphaned pages should be empty. --GodEmperorOfHell 19:12, 7 June 2006 (PDT)
Keith Baker Edit
I did... I moved the page, changed all the pages that linked to it, then set up a redirect. I think I did these things in the right order, to minimize downtime or dead links (which shouldn't have existed for more than a couple minutes).... Does it all look kosher to you?
Thanks for the note!
Jenolen 08:55, 9 June 2006 (PDT)
--Ah, I got you. Since there were only about eight pages that had the old Moth link on them, changing them wasn't that big a deal, and it's "cleaner" than a redirect page, which has always struck me as sort of a band-aid approach to solving an inter-wiki linking issue. But if it were, say, hundreds of pages with a link, then sure, next time, I'll just go for the redirect.
Jenolen 11:01, 9 June 2006 (PDT)