· User Talk Archive up to 14/09/2006 · User Talk Archive from 15/09/2006 - 20/11/2006 · User Talk Archive from 21/11/2006 - 12/02/2007 · User talk Archive from 12/02/2007 - 10/02/2008 · User Talk Archive from 11/02/2008 - 06/03/2009
User Talk Below
Why did you give me a three day ban without warning when all I did was change flash-sideways timeline to afterlife what was so wrong with that? Also why did you not talk to me about it on my talkpage if it bothered you so much I would have stopped. I was also not the only user doing so.--Thelamppost 13:01, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
- The EXACT thing happened to me, regarding the same subject. I don't know why he/she did that or even what I had supposedly done. For further details please check the bottom section titled "Arbitrary judgment and sentencing in absentia". The thing what really gets me is that it was done without warning. --Hunter2005 17:02, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Admins usually ban users in cases of blatant vandalism or mistreatment toward other users, or if the user continually makes edits that go against consensus and continue to do so after warning. A difference in perception or the fact that you do not like the edits in question does not mean you should ban the user especially without warning or at least a clear explanation. I most cases even vandals and flamers are given a warning unless what they have done is extremely wrong. If my edits are such a big issue I'm sure it would not be too hard for you to explain.--Thelamppost 01:51, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Several people have used the tern 'afterlife' to refer to the purgatory like state the characters were in. Okay so some contributors changed the headings including myself and were banned for it okay so speaking for myself I did not see the consensus. In every case I have seen if a user goes against consensus they are given a simple warning telling them not to do so and directing them toward the discussion. You went out and banned every user who unintentionally went against consensus. I do not mean to be rude and I am sure you are good at your job as an admin but the punishment was a bit harsh. Could you please just send a warning next time--Thelamppost 17:25, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
I was under the impression that the reason for the transcript credits is the following language in the transcript banner template: "Please note that many episode scripts for earlier Lost seasons were transcribed by Lost-TV member Spooky with aid of DVR, and at times, closed captions for clarification. She and Lost-TV have generously granted us permission to share/host these transcripts at Lostpedia for the betterment of fans. Unless otherwise stated below, she created this transcript." Please advise as to whether we are doing transcript credits or not. Robert K S (talk) 17:05, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- What is the last Spooky date? How is the revised template banner to read? Is there a place where this was being discussed? Robert K S (talk) 17:15, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
(New page: @disabled)
Paul - I just discovered your Jan 2 edit on Pairings eliminating non-canonical relationships. Was there any discussion of this anywhere, or was it just your decision? I personally think it was fine content to have, clearly marked as fanon, and is consistent with how LP deals with fanon elsewhere. Or at least a new page like Pairings (fanon) should be created to replace it. I don't want to start an edit war, but would like to see some of that content restored more fully. Thanks! --Jajasoon 15:54, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
Every time I click on the "To see all changes to this page since your last visit, click here:" line in an email for He's Our You/Theories the data at the top of the right column reads (centering removed):
- Current revision (18:24, 26 March 2009) (edit) (undo)
- Mattw1027 (Talk | contribs)
- (→Ann Arbor, MI)
Since today is the 30th, that entry is obviously not true. Clicking on the history tab brings up the correct data. Previously, for other pages, a fix had been to delete the page and restore it (with its history, I think). Could you give that a try?.
- Fixed, I think. 20:35, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
We Ru-Lostpedia users would like to nominate our own administrator who will be able to react quickly to emerging problems. We ask to answer, who has the right to nominate new administrator that is required for appointment and who can become the administrator. With impatience we look forward to hearing. Kind regards, Kuzura, Faraday(, CarrieWhite, Leoyan.
User talk: Kuzura for Ru-Lostpedia. User talk: CarrieWhite for Ru-Lostpedia.
P. S. We request to give administrator rights to Kuzura.
Thanks for congratulations
A little under a year ago, I mentioned DPL here, namely the fact that it didnt exist. You replied that you were playing with it and thought that we should be using it. Any verdict on the experiment and whether it is now being used here? -- 06:35, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Looks like your autosig isn't working
Because your whole sig code is appearing. Maybe check your prefs and make sure the field says autosig and not sig?17:29, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
My page says im still banned plz take it off my ban is expired
--The Kahana 22:38, 14 May 2009 (UTC)The Kahana
Sorry, but it contained flashbacks from multiple people (including Jacob), not all of which even feature Jacob (Juliet's). Flashback=centric, hence it's multicentric, despite Jacob's prominent role. --Golden Monkey 11:55, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
come on!! Im 11 and u are treating me like $#%@!!! Get the thing that says im banned on my page!!!! my ban is expired!!! answer me !!!!--The Kahana 19:40, 15 May 2009 (UTC) The Kahana
Could you please contribute to the Tito Reyes rename discussion? In earlier posts you insinuated that you have evidence toward whether or not Tito was Carmen or David's father, and that would quickly resolve this discussion. -- 18:05, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
Revisiting episode titles ban + Old spoilers discussion
Hello. So, a while back, there was a decision made to ban all episode titles from the wiki with the exception of the immediately upcoming title. As far as I can tell, this decision was made in the topic Lostpedia talk:Spoiler Policy/Archive 02#Titles are spoilers! (redux) and was made because there was no way to create a collapsible Nav template for the episodes. As you may have seen, users were recently able to create such a template. As such, the original justification no longer applies, so I've reoppened the discussion here. If it's not too much trouble, I would like to get all the SysOps to weigh in on this publicly, as I feel previous spoiler policy discussions have been ignored and/or avoided by SysOps from time to time (particularly [[this one where there was a user consensus to set aside a page for officially released content from the producers, similar to the old "/Spoilers" pages, but used only for official content, which was never heard about again, despite a 100% consensus in the discussion.) At any rate, it would be great to have you all weigh in since I think this is an extremely important issue for Lostpedia that we have resolved, given the original reasoning behind it. Thanks. 07:51, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, I thought that's what I had done. Is the only difference between a proposal and what I did the fact that yours says "proposal" in it? I'm slightly confused. 18:19, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
I noticed your revert after I went back and restored all the little fixes over on the statue article. "Goddess" isn't a capitalized word; neither is "god", except when it's used as a name, as Judeo-Christians do. (Usage of the word "god" as an appellative is an artifact of the name of God having become taboo.)06:36, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
Edit war bot
I have posed an Idea for a bot to detect and flag edit wars. The discussion can be found on the Idea page. Blue Eagle Islander suggested I talk to you about making the bot. (I don't know how to make one.) I have a process that can be turned into a bot. Thank you for your help. E-mail 14:55, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
There's a serial vandal here:
Trying to revert the edits in the meantime.--17:08, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- You have an imposter: User:P1krtin. He 's also a vandal. --LOST-Hunter61 07:33, December 12, 2009 (UTC)
- Bob is back --LOST-Hunter61 12:36, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
You were having a vandal who made over 500 edits in the space of 70 minutes. It is possible that he will be back . Sannse and I came in to help because we were alerted via chat, but it would have been better if your editors could have handled it by themselves. For this, they need rollback rights. This is basically a faster version of "undo", and it should only be used for vandal fighting. Other than that, it grants no extra powers, and it can be given out freely to anyone whom you trust to not be a vandal. Read more at Help:User access levels, and we've written a detailed explanation of how it works over at w:c:guildwars:GuildWiki:Rollback. --◄mendel► 11:27, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
New Spoiler Policy
I have created a new spolier/promotional material policy that I feel correctly addreses the issues at hand: titles, ignored discussions, and the fact that our motivation is contradictory to our policy. The policy is in two parts. The first part deals with spoilers and can be found here. The second part deals with promotional material and may be found here. I would like you to weigh in so improvements may be made before I submit it to be an official policy. Thanks! E-mail 17:18, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
I don't know whether this has already been discussed, but could you and the other SysOps please weigh in on this? Thanks. 21:21, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Fan Fiction Contest
During the hiatus the theme has been fan appreciation. And I thought what better way than to have a fan fiction contest. And what better place to have it then on lostpedia! There would be rules and challenges each week or two. We would write 18 episodes each has to be with in the same story arc Ben can't die one episode and then come back to life the next one. I really need an admin to support me on this idea and all the feed back I have gotten is positive. Please help! --BenKilledDharma 00:25, 23 August 2009 (UTC) firstname.lastname@example.org
It was a production error.Johnnymushio 20:52, January 12, 2010 (UTC)
Couple of cleanups
Back on 23 December User:CBenoit (no user page) inserted some SPAM into the Benjamin Linus#Days 68-91 (Season 3) page/section. Someone finally caught it on 29 January.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 15:44, January 31, 2010 (UTC)
User talk policy
Hello. I'm just curious, what is the status of the policy Lostpedia:User Talk? It seems to be something that is typically enforced, based on the content, but it also states that it is a work in progress, but it also hasn't been updated in two years. Is this something that just got overlooked? Thanks. 23:38, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
Edits to LAX theories page
I have just noticed that Norwegianbob has removed this extremely large section at about 7am this morning, with no explanation. He does not seem to have any user page, but has made a lot of other edits. I have reinstated my section in the LA X theory page, but I think the other edits should be investigated.--Sean Sheep 10:55, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
It needs to be unlocked now that the season has begun airing. E-mail 14:37, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
Rules regarding appearence counts in Infoboxes
- On the Phil page, User:Czygan84 wants to count an uncredited appearance by Phil Radinsky in the S6 LA-X 1&2 episode as a character appearence count in the Infobox. I undid it because Phil was uncredited and his appearance was in reference only and he appeared non-speaking and as a corpse. I thought that an episode appearance count should be for an active not passive performance, what are your feelings?- 22:53, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Just to clear up my edits I dont WANT to add it I simply noticed Phil's appearance and since in past instances like phils (uncredited or archived footage or appearing a acorpse) such as Nikki in 4x07, Keamy in 5x12 and Claire in 5x04 were counted towards their appearance I added his appearance. -- 00:58, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
How many people have to say they hate the word "flash-sideways timeline" before we change it to something more palatable? This isn't specifically directed at you, but I noticed you changing the at template and other occurrences. Just asking, are there any plans to change this in the near future? --Pyramidhead 10:15, February 10, 2010 (UTC)
Vandalism or Ignorance
I don't know which it is, but User:Norwegianbob seems to have a habit of removing all the text from pages. His latest exploit was to delete all the text from Template:NewEpTheories. Hanlons's razor says that you should never attribute to malice that which can adequately be construed as incompetence, so I am not accusing him of being a vandal. He probably needs a talking to, though.--Sean Sheep 20:59, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
- or blocking, that's an excellent alternative! Thanks--Sean Sheep 23:22, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
I noticed that I can't edit this template anymore because you recently protected Nalini. I'm not sure why exactly - the last edit of any kind was months ago - but is there some way you could turn off the cascading option so I can work on it? --Pyramidhead 00:39, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
Hey there, I have a question. Since there is a new system on Wiki, how do I banish a person for a month(s), week(s) or year(s)? Not on this Wiki. Lol ;) (Prison Break Wiki, if you wanted to know)--Station7 20:32, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for taking care of him. Some people need to read the rules and accept them. Am I allowed to delete the message from my talk page?--Baker1000 00:16, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
Hello Plkrtn, User: Jt8845 has been posting spoilers about upcoming episodes. Of his four contributions, at least half of them have been spoilers. I've aslo asked the blog owner to hide the comments. Here is a link to the latest. http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:DaemonRising/Spoilers#Jt8845-20100304183452 Best Regards, BMetcalf82 18:45, March 4, 2010 (UTC) -UPDATE- User: Jt8845 has gotten much worse. I think an IP block with an expiry of never is in order? BMetcalf82 19:30, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I'll second that. Just reading the subjects of his blog entries makes it obvious he's spoiling.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 21:02, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
As I'm sure you've noticed, Wikia occasionally (frequently?) craps out and doesn't display images. When that happens, the user links at the top of the page become white or white, making them just a little hard to see. <grin> May I recommend making them some contrasting color, such as something close to the color of the water in the header image?--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 16:43, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Nice work on the links. Of course, as far as I know, Wikia's image servers have been working perfectly...<sigh>--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 20:24, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
It would seem that you've (accidentally?) locked the above page indefinitely--with the cascade option (preventing included templates from being edited)--for "excessive vandalism" that doesn't appear to exist. Can you clarify or rectify this lock? History of "Nalini" -CapitalQ 08:41, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
User:Mr.Linderman keeps changing Bernard Nadler, not Bernard Nadler (flash-sideways timeline), to reflect an appearance in 6x01. He has been asked to cite the appearance and has not.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 22:59, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I left him a message on his talk page. 23:20, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
Hello, Could you please have a look at the community blogs ? Specifically user Jt8845 blogs. he has really ruined the lostepdia expereince that we all come here to enjoy by posting MAJOR SPOILERS. PLEASE BAN IMMEDIALTLY
this page  and probably a load of others created by the same person, is completly beyond the pale. I just find the whole behaviour pointless & puerrile. Can I suggest a block on his IP address? I know it might affect other users, but at least he will go away for a while.--Sean Sheep 09:35, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Will someone do something about User:Jt8845?--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 20:14, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, since you're online (I hope I haven't missed you already) could you please update the Season 6 nav to show that "Sundown" is a Sayid centric episode? Cheers.--Baker1000 01:38, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
Inappropriate user name/personal attack. Please ban. E-mail 23:32, March 8, 2010 (UTC)
Should be "View source" not "Edit this page". (I keep trying to edit pages I can't.) E-mail 23:39, March 8, 2010 (UTC)
Hi, Plkrtn. I'm an user of LP Italy, presently Admin of that wiki. I don't know if you had the sad new, but our previous Admin, LOSTIT-Desmond (just Desmond for us) is passed away at only 20. I just want to communicate this, because I have no idea if you have been informed, I don't know if you know him, and what kind of relashionship you have with Des. I'm just asking you, and to all the staff of LP to contact me and not him anymore if you have some communications for us. Thank you. -- 10:43, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
Vandal or Novice?
Hi, Plkrtn. I see that you were the sysop who finally updated the Season 6 navbox to include Sayid as the centric character in "Sundown" last week (several days after the episode aired). Could you do the same for Ben in "Dr. Linus", at Template:Season6nav/col2? Thanks. If you want, you could also update the spoiler warning on the front page from "Sundown" to "Dr. Linus" as well. Thanks! —Josiah Rowe 15:41, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
A few weeks ago, you banned Mr.Linderman for 3 days due to various reasons. Since coming back, they have repeatedly added that the last episode appearance of a character who had appeared in the flash-sideways to the main character article, not the FS character as is standard. I've reverted his edits to these pages a number of times, but he still keeps adding it back. I thought since you were the one who banned him last time, you might want to have a word or make a decision.--Baker1000 18:09, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
- And he's just added a spoiler character appearance for next weeks episode . To his credit he removed it right away, but he's likely to strike again.--Baker1000 18:23, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Did the same thing on April 2, editing Daniel Faraday to indicate appearance in 6x11 (which did not air until April 6) and then reverting himself . Also has been editing the episode counts for various characters to include appearances of the flash-sideways counterpart . Stuff like that is a pain to monitor and revert. LOST-Kuzak 07:47, April 7, 2010 (UTC)
User Name Query
I should have thought that any edits from this user would have been automatically banned. In fact, probably some failsafe should have prevented him from creating an account. Does anyone systematically check new account names?--Sean Sheep 23:51, March 18, 2010 (UTC)
Request for Common Sense to Prevail
Below is a copy of a message that I have sent to Admin. as I have posted to you before, and you have responded, I would please request that you read it, and take any action you feel appropriate:
Banning of User:Sean Sheep
When a user is banned, it says "you can discuss this with an administrator". However, that is the one thing that you cannot do if you are banned. Emails to administrators do not seem to function, or if they do, they are not read, or they are not responded to. In the case of User:Sean Sheep, a serious injustice has been committed, and I am asking you to look into this case and revert the ban.
Before you look at my identity, yes, I am Sean Sheep. Lamb Chop is a sock puppet (an actual sock puppet that is, not a sockpuppet!) I am not a sockpuppet, because according to Wikipedia , a sockpuppet is "an online identity used for purposes of deception" . no deception is involved here. In any case, I have scoured this site, and as far as I can see there is no rule which says that a user cannot have another online identity. I draw this to your attention, because a previous account I created in order to clear my name was also banned by the same Sysop for being a "sockpuppet".
Sean Sheep has built up a good reputation on this site over a period of a couple of months with around two and a half thousand edits, and a lot of work on the episode theory pages. There have been some meticulous and detailed blogs, examining the intricacies of fractured timelines and the teasing out of possible alternative theories. These are not to everyone's cup of tea, but nonetheless they provide clear, well-referenced connections to established scientific paradigms. Sean Sheep has also edited episode theory pages week on week during Season 6, and has been responsible for the removal of several spoilers, and has alerted sysops to the existence of such.
The piece in question for which Sean Sheep received the ban was a speculative piece about a possible Richard-centric episode, and copntained, as is Sean Sheep's usual style a lot of different theories, 20 in all. Some were serious, some off the wall, and some tongue in cheek. Nowhere in the post was there a title episode, and all of the speculations were my own, and I have not read any spoiler sites about any possible forthcoming Richard-centric episode. My guess is that someone has been reading spoiler sites, and in amongst the 20 speculations that I posted, at least one (possibly more) was close to what a spoiler says will be in some forthcoming episode. However, as I have not read any spoilers, that is just me speculating again.
I would ask that you read the deleted blog, and check what I say is accurate. I understand that Sysops have work to do (I am a Sysop on two other wikis); however you do need a sensible mechanism for encouraging sysops to discuss issues with bona fide users who appear to have broken the rules, before banning them in a peremptory manner, and denying them even an opportunity to explain their actions. In addition, if there is a rule about 'sockpuppetry', then this needs to be clear to everyone. I know this is about Lost, a wonderful place with mysterious rules. However, the concept of mysterious and unexplained rules does not need to bleed through into the wiki.
I look for ward to receiving your response (Sean Sheep) --Lamb Chop 07:39, March 23, 2010 (UTC)
If you just create protected the finale page, you just spoiled everyone, including me, a person who waits for the ABC releases. (Wikia should be able to hide it, just shoot them an e-mail.) Also, if that is the title of the finale, it seems like it's going to be hard to keep it off this wiki. We don't know if posting it is intentional or if it's even referencing the title of the finale. Should we make an exception, considering how we can get nothing about the finale out of it? E-mail 12:09, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Also User:Sean Sheep is pushing the limits of his ban and abusing his talk page editing privileges that were given just so the ban could be discussed, not so he blog and "edit" out of his talk page (User talk:Sean Sheep). E-mail 12:12, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I changed Ben Linus' birthdate in two places yesterday where it incorrectly had 1961. I see you found another place needing correction but you made it 1965. I don't know for sure which is correct. I think I saw the 1964 date on the Roger Linus page. It doesn't matter to me but we should find out so that they all agree. Do you know for sure the correct date?--Destinedjourney 12:46, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
Verbal Abuse suffered.
Hello there. You made a comment on my blog, where you said "You can't complain about harassment if you don't report it.".
Well I did report it, several times, I made about 3 or 4 reports. And ontop of these reports I politely asked 2 other Sysops if they could help me. You are a Sysops who is supposed to serve this online community. In the past two months, an incredibly large portion of the top contributors to this site have left because of poor administrating, namely due to spoilers. I am in no way attributing this solely to you, or even partly to you, I'm just pointing out the failing of the admins in that an incredibly large proportion of users have left, and continue to leave, because trolls, spoilers, and abusive members are allowed to ruin the experience for us. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by DaemonRising (talk • contribs) .
By the way.
By the way, there is no official status of the second city of the UK. It is only a cultural phrase and exists unofficially. Furthermore, simply being the second largest in terms of population doesn't automatically grant a city the unofficial status of "second city". In the vast majority of unofficial polls conducted last year, Manchester was dubbed the countries "second city" and although unofficial, if you're going to state that Birmingham is the second city, I just had to point that out.
Lonely Planet, which is practically the travellers bible for such information, has this to say: "London has decided to give up the job of capital and go into quiet retirement. When everyone north of Leicester is done cheering, England looks around for a substitute and after some consideration the nation turns to... Sorry Birmingham, but it can be only Manchester, the uncrowned capital of the north and a city embracing change like few others in Europe."
I realise this intrusion is a rather ass-like thing to be doing. I just have a problem with a misrepresentation of facts, and opinions put forward as true facts. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by DaemonRising (talk • contribs) .
I don't know what happened but I didn't write that comment to you about being abused. After reading DaemonRisings's dramatic goodbye it seems like it came from him. Don't know how my name got signed to it but it wasn't me. I did make a plea for Sean Sheep on one of the other sysops page but I think that was a LOST cause. --Goose123 20:04, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
Hey User:01lander seems to think he is able to ignore the rules. He recently added 6x09 to Ilanas centric and dave to libbys centric despite knowing there has been a consensus against both. I talked to him but not long after he decided to remove lockes appearances as MIB despite consensus to the contrary as well as a note in the text. Seeing as he ignored my messages of respecting user consensus. Can you do something about this, Thanks -- 13:52, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
Orchestral pages - flashmp3
Please review: User_talk:Jabrwocky7#FlashMP3_whitelist_addition_request. - 13:56, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
My old name was the Long Con. I was banned for about a year and honestly I have no clue why. I was never mean to anyone, I never posted Spoilers, I never did anything wrong. And then it says I can contact you to find about why I was banned, yet whenever I tried it said I couldn't leave anything on this page cause I was banned. Some of these rules are pretty ridiculous, and now I can't even post a blog for the first 4 days I am a member? It is really dumb considering the point I wanted to get out might get answered in tonight's episode.
I still would like to know why I was banned.The Confidence Man 23:05, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
Hi... why did you delete my user page? --Sauronsmatrix 04:43, March 31, 2010 (UTC)
Protecting Eloise (disambiguation)
Creating new articles
I'm extremely confused about creating new articles- it used to be wiki standard that if you search for a term that doesn't appear that it gives you the option to create a new article for it, but now no such option appears! In chich case, what is the new protocl for creating a new article?? --Jackdavinci 08:01, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
Creating new articles?
I'm extremely confused about creating new articles- it used to be wiki standard that if you search for a term that doesn't appear that it gives you the option to create a new article for it, but now no such option appears! In which case, what is the new protocol for creating a new article?? --Jackdavinci 08:03, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
Hi there! i've trying for a while now to edit a post but i keep getting the message
"sorry your page cannot be saved (223)"
will you please tell me what i' m doing wrong???
thank you for your time
Otare 13:56, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
I've started linking to short (<30s) clips of orchestral pieces. Would uploading similarly long clips of songs (e.g. Make Your Own Kind of Music) also fall under fair use? --- Balk Of Fame ♪ talk 08:07, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
PLEASE BLOCK ALL NEW USERS FROM EDITING FOR 21 DAY PERIOD
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change LP to block all new users... a spoiler-happy vandal just wreaked havoc today on multiple blog pages and I see no other way to stop this type of blatant abuse between now and Series Finale except to block them all. Not sure if there is a more appropriate spot for this suggestion. If yes, please let me know. Please don't let newbies with spoilers ruin this site for regular users. LostFreak408SJ 00:50, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
Oy. Not again.
I just got unblocked from an error, and now I've been RE blocked.
I am tdstom and not "LOST IN TIME"
Please unblock me!
--Tdstom 19:01, May 24, 2010 (UTC)
LOST IN TIME
Are you for real. You couldn't admin the janitorial duties at a McDonalds fast food resteraunt!
This is a simple plea. We need all sort of users on here, including ones who are sometimes offensive, hotheaded and say things we all do not like. I understand why you think that suggesting that someone should go and kill themselves is not only over the top, but offensive, but the user is not threatening that he (or she?) will actually do it for them, or suggesting that someone else should do it. The writers are hardly likley to act on User:LOST IN TIME's suggestions, are they. You may not like it, I may not like it, but that does not mean that it is a crime. Do I think it socially acceptable? No, I would have preferred it would not have happened, and I would tell him or her not to do it? Do I think it is a banning offence? No, because this is not an incitement, it is an expression of personal opinion as to what he thinks they should do (presumably if he were in their shoes). Just because we do not like a point of view, however it is expressed, does not mean that we should silence the person that says it. I ask that you rethink this ban, and talk to the guy reasonably.--Sean Sheep 09:36, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Reply & reply to reply now on my user page. Thanks--Sean Sheep 09:53, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
Portal:Main Characters statuses
I was hoping we could get a sysop to weigh in on this discussion. I'll ask a few other SysOps too, while I'm at it. Thanks! :) 05:49, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
Deletion of Afterlife Characters Page
I'm assuming that you're the one who deleted the original "Afterlife Characters" page since you made the redirect page. If it was not you, is there any way you know who deleted it? Johnlanigan 18:35, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
If you're the custodian of the banner images, or if you know who is, I think it would be a good idea to assemble them in order of use on one page. Lostpedia isn't about Lostpedia -- except a little bit! 8) --Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 18:54, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
- No, I meant the series that ended(?) with the Ajira aircraft flying away from the Island. The previous one had the statue and the mushroom cloud.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 00:20, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
Can you please unban me on the forums if you can do that
hi, my name is lostwillnevarend. I had just returned from a hike in timberwook park when I log on to find that I have been banned, for the reason "creating a sockpuppet". now I do not know what sockpuppet is so I did some internet research and I found out that its another user the user creates for evading his ban. i wanna get my point. I am not a banned user, i dont even know who "dabulls" is, im just a guy whos like lost. sure i may type like this and sure i may not make much sense due to the mild autisism i have but I am a HUMAN PERSON, with feelings. not some sock created just so some user that got banned (and for good reason) can come back. i haved watch every season of lost since when i was 9 and i am a devoted fan of the show. I also did the research for troll and i am not one of them, have i insulted any users or created any threads thretening to ban one person? I have just posted my theories and created lost related threads like any other lostpedia user would, not once did i insult anybody, no one.
if you do deny the unban, can you tell me at least who im the sockpuppet off, because i dont think im a sockpuppet. im not even familiar with the guy who created the "ban faradayallday" thread (who is a real jerk in my opinion.) and im certain im not a sockpuppet of his. even though people have problems with the way i type and even though i can be a bit silly sometimes. i do love the show and i dont think of the forum as a bunch of idiots, i think theyre geniuses. anyway thank you for hearing me out and if youre a forum administator, i hope you consider this. --Lostwillnevarend 02:30, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
This user is on some little rampage to take you down, hopefully theres something in there you can ban him for so we dont have to see his pathetic rants. I dont know if you care but i thought id let you know. I do support the bans mentioned that you handed out, if anything youll have a good laugh. -- 02:48, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
- i agree. BAN HIM!!! --Lostwillnevarend 03:15, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
According to what you have said about people you have banned, Czygn has offended me and should be banned! Hmm, I wonder if that would happen???--THE SOURCE 03:44, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
- i think it would except it would happen to you because your the sockpuppet and you got banned. --Lostwillnevarend 03:51, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, How many people use this site now?
Do you have any idea? Or could you tell me how I can find out? thanks...
Hey, How many people use this site now?
Do you have any idea? Or could you tell me how I can find out? thanks...
Banned X 2
Just wondering if you have any long-term plan with regard to the havoc being unleashed on the blogs by a user who has clearly set up multiple accounts solely in an attempt to spread innuendo-laden, abusive and vulgar comments? --Dharmafolk 20:58, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
There may be more IP addresses to block, Howdyneighbor is the latest version to be abusing users. --Dharmafolk 00:25, June 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I think all would benefit by not responding to him. Notify an Admin and let one of us work on each invidual problem as it occurs. Anyone may remove abusive statements from their own pages, of course.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 00:37, June 8, 2010 (UTC)
Childish behavior could be ignored.
I'm aware of the user Lost In Time's current tirade of Lostpedia. He is, unfortunatly a sad, pathetic, angry person. His behavior is obviously obnoxious, destructive, and juvenile. Is it possible the best way to deal with him may be to ignore him? Rather than trying to ban every dummy account he makes(He won't stop, he has a vendetta)couldn't we just ignore him, hiding all his unsatisfactory comments? Just send out a message whenever a new dummy account is discovered, and we simply ignore him until he has something worthy and productive to say. I just thought I would suggest it, a peacful solution to a pathetic user who seems to thrive on chaos.HorribleEyes 21:27, June 7, 2010 (UTC)HorribleEyesHorribleEyes 21:27, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Every time anyone mentions him in any way it makes him want to continue with his behavior. That unfortunately probably includes this post (the one and only time I will acknowledge him). Right now the best thing that could happen is for everyone to ignore him to the extent possible and stop talking about him. The irony is he might have had a valid objection about his initial banning. He could have protested that in a civil manner but instead he chose to act out and now he's gone so far in the wrong direction there can be no redemption for him under any conditions. Hatchbanger 21:21, June 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I support the banning of vulgar users and sockpuppets. Thanks for making Lostpedia a cleaner place, the way it was meant to be. We're all grateful for what you've done. Just wanted to extend some support. Harrypotterandthedeathlyhallows 04:23, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
Can anything related to the content of the forthcoming Epilogue be considered a spoiler? Just wondering what the policy of the admins is with regard to this. --Dharmafolk 20:13, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
- It is my understanding that the spoiler policy is retired. Anything is fair game now. E-mail 13:14, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- That is not necessarily the case. We will still be monitoring the situation as we get closer to the boxsets launch. It is entirely possible that spoiler policies can come out of retirement (that isn't to say they will!) -- 13:17, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- I have written a piece on the blog in an attempt to get some preliminary opinion from the community. --Dharmafolk 13:20, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- That is not necessarily the case. We will still be monitoring the situation as we get closer to the boxsets launch. It is entirely possible that spoiler policies can come out of retirement (that isn't to say they will!) -- 13:17, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Please reconsider the spoiler policy re: the epilogue. A title has now been posted. I was unaware of the title for the epilogue and inadvertantly read a theory on "The New Man in Charge" page. In retrospect, I would have preferred to have not read this information. When I posted a comment on the Theory Discussion page, it was received with a bit of attitude from the author. Interestingly, the discussion has now been deleted. I know there is a discussion on the Spoiler page about this, but also wanted to bring this specifically to your attention. Thanks for your consideration. --Just Sayin' 15:41, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Please disregard the comment regarding the Theory Discussion being deleted. Dharmafolk clarified my misunderstanding. I thought the Article and Theory Discussion were one and the same. My apologies. --Just Sayin' 16:11, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
Could you please consider un-deleting the page, then merging it into Flash-sideways? That way the edit history is viewable to all editors? In the alternative, could you email me the article? Thank you for your time. Anno1404 05:10, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- thank you for recreating it, I redirected the page to flash-sideways, and copied the content. I hope that we can keep it as a redirect. Regardless, thank you again for your dedication! Anno1404 13:52, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
Arbitrary judgment and sentencing in absentia
I will get to the point without preamble:
Why was I blocked for three days? Ostensibly I was blocked for "Changing the nature of the afterlife" or some such. I don't even know what that meant! I renamed some sections of various articles from "Flash-sideways timeline" to "Afterlife" because that is what it turned out to be, not an alternate or parallel timeline but the plane of existence after biological life has ended. Given how the series ended including Christian Shephard's explanation I think that is reasonable.
Further, I was not given any notice that I had done anything wrong. Just blocked with no warning. That is the most confusing and bewildering about this.
I believe I am a editor in good standing. I do not get into revert wars nor am I nasty when someone edits something I don't like. I do not curse or get nasty. Often I agree with the edit since I admit I am not that concise since I have more of a philosophy of better too much info than not enough and try to keep a researcher from having jump around articles to get some info too much, but generally I let it go. If I really care about it I give my reasons in the brief summary in the history or on the discussion page. If the consensus is somewhat against me I leave it alone. If I don't get a response then I might be inclined to change it but even then I think about the move and mull over whether it is that important.
I don't arbitrarily erase entire articles but ask permission on the talk page. I do not understand why I would have such a harsh punishment levied against me and worse without any warning or opportunity to explain myself and/or clear up the issue.
Further when I tried to get a hold of you as to why I was blocked as per instructed by the notification, I couldn't get a hold of you on your talk page Why not? I was blocked!
Can you tell me specifically what I did outside the vague reason given? Maybe even show me what I did with the offending edit on the page as it existed at the time of my "offense?"
If you or any other "Master Editor"-for lack of a better term-have questions about my behavior or my edits PLEASE contact me first and let me explain. That is the fair thing. I don't know what the hell happened for me to warrant this. --Hunter2005 16:43, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
User Heyjude614 has been writing blog posts that are completely unrelated to the show just to frustrate the other users on here. Heyjude614 also writes blogs that some people find offensive and he insults many of the other users. Sorry if I didn't report this the correct way, it's my first time reporting someone.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by The Egyptian Lost Fan (talk • contribs) .
Okay long story short, the admin, User:Mr.Leaf, has been inactive for nearly 9 months. Clearly he has packed up and forgotten about lostpedia, or he doesn't care any more. And please, save me an argument, no he won't come back. Anyway, I was thinking, and clearly other people are on board with this, that you take away Mr. Leaf's admin privileges, and give them to BalkOfFame. Now, why? Let's compare the two users:
- Active daily
- Makes tonnes of edits, over 13,000
- They are good quality edits
- He is kind to everyone
- Doesn't argue or get involved in arguments (If he does, it is to resolve them)
- He is smart and a valuable user to this wikia.
- Hasn't been on for 9 months
- People clearly have forgotten him
Now you have no reason to decline this absolutely reasonable and acceptable request. Also BalkOfFame is on board with the idea of becoming an admin. To see other peoples thoughts, please visit and read this blog, respect more people will comment in time, but it is clear they want him as an admin, and Mr. Leaf out. User blog:Julietfan2626/I need a lot of your opinions...
The lost ending is so strange....
I found the lost ending really, really, stupid. It's like the producers wanted It so Jack's eyes would open at the very beginning of the show and close at the very end, and just filled in the rest as they filmed. --Moderator guy 06:06, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
A page for Afterlife has been created on Lostpedia that I have strong objections to it's current representation. The first line is "Lost's characters and story frequently referenced the afterlife." This incorrectly represents the series of LOST as it was presented. The term "afterlife" was never used within the series and no character ever specifically used this term. Our responsibility is to accurately represent the story of LOST as it was presented. I strongly feel this term should not be used in this manner on Lostpedia, and have strong objections to the representation of this page. Thank You for your consideration of this objection. --Just Sayin' JSTalk LBC LBCTalk eMail 13:34, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Err thanks? I've not gone anywhere. Since the show has ended we've been able to take a far more hands off approach to LP, so we're letting the community who are still here, who are incredibly dedicated to the show, look after the site more. We're all still around if we are needed, we just delibrately sit back and let you guys battle it out till we're needed :-) -- 12:34, April 2, 2011 (UTC)
It's good to see you here back ;) --Station7 08:57, June 4, 2011 (UTC)