| User talk:Orhan94
Hey, this user has been replacing pages with old spoilers for some reason. He's also made some abusive comments. It's all been dealt with, but I thought I should alert someone in case they come back for round 2.--Baker1000 19:22, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
- The valdalism came up in my email so I banned the user indefinitely. Obviously vulgar.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 21:53, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
I think you can remove this from your user page: I hope that one day I'll be an Admin on Lostpedia, because you're already an Admin. It's just my meaning :) --Station7 13:13, June 18, 2010 (UTC)EDIT: Sorry, wrong user! ORIGINAL:Hey bro, why do u keep deleting my changes? The abctvstore.seenon.com/ redirects to a dead site. UrbanOverdose 20:29, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
This is your user page. Please edit this page to tell the community about yourself!
My favorite pages
- Add links to your favorite pages on the wiki here!
- Favorite page #2
- Favorite page #3 13:30, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
Then What are the Answers?
Thanks for responding, but most of this is apologetic rationalization to a show that simply failed to maintain respectable coherency relative to the literature and other source, to which it aspired
- He was a fraud, he didn't actually have a hidden agenda or anything.
- We only hear him claim to be a fraud, when it obviously serves to get (Priest) Eko off the track of his daughter's apparent return from death, which was evidently somewhat valid. Lying and unreliable narrators are common and well-used technique. And why if he's a fraud would he even bother to so strongly insist that she raise Aaron (whose rearing later seems important), and then as an alternative, so intently put her on the doomed Flight 815? ... she never pays him. No, there's more here that simply did not get explored and deserves to be questioned. Malkin seems to get quite a bit right and is simply an unconfirmed case of psychic ability, just as the fellow visited by Rose and Bernard may or may not be legitimate, or perhaps tied into the forces emanating from the Island/Jacob or something.
- What was the (original) purpose of her implant?
- To eventually help them if they needed to re-infiltrate their camp (as they did with Juliet)
- Barely plausible at best. Just because something is used someway doesn't mean it was intended to be so, as a matter of reasonable plot construction, or even by the writers from the outset. So, in other words, what you are saying is that the Others knew she would or could escape, and that they took the risk of a surgical implant in order to stage an elaborate con to somehow ensure an obstetrician's (Juliet's) trustworthiness? I can't tell if this compliments or insults the writers. Rather, it makes much more sense that Ben hits on this plan later, but that the implant was part their work to understand the Island's effect on pregnancy, for which that whole issue, the blood tests, vaccine and so forth are inexcusably left up to hopeless conjecture.
- How did the Others activate it?
- Only UQ that I consider valid. Actually, it really doesn't matter except as a point of curiosity. Pretty advanced technology one way or another, but they did seem to come and go rather easily from the island. That was one fast sub!
- Why did she abandon Aaron in the first place?
- MiB appeared to her as Christian with Aaron, making her believe that Aaron was wherever he went.
- Huh? So, she still thought that her father and she still had Aaron with them? What would be the basis for believing that she suffered from that delusion and would simply leave her baby in a tree in the forest, and then not blame her MiB/father/friend for misleading her in some way?
- He stated that he needed her for his plans later (to manipulate them to return, as well as to manipulate some of the survivors to join him etc.)
- Yeah, MiB said something to that effect to make her feel valuable, just in case, at a point THREE YEARS LATER when he was clearly improvising, and Claire was really not much use as indicated, relative for example to Kate. And at that time or previously in Season 6 or as reported for the three previous years, Claire serves no apparent role that is in any way critical or indispensably undertaken by her for MiB. The message she delivers at the Temple makes little difference, and her pull on Kate seems if anything to surprise and intrigue MiB. So, he never really needs her for anything in particular that we know of, and the question thus seems to he how would her having stayed with the others in Season 4 have, perhaps, upset his plans? Or, maybe the writers didn't know what to do with her in Season 5. But still why does MiB–Christian instruct Locke not to tell anyone else that he's seen her? ... even as he (mistakenly?) leaves open interpretation about who supposedly needs to actually turn the wheel. Maybe he wanted to keep someone from flashing to do certain things, keeping her or someone separate, would prevent them from flashing, whereas Juliet & freighties flashed in the company of the survivors. But why her among the survivors? Maybe he knew that since she'd been pregnant on the Island (like Sun) that she would remain in the Island's present?
- How was it she appeared and spoke in Kate's dream?
- It was just a dream.
- That's one explanation, which can be applied to any number of coincidences, when the writers might prefer to leave it at that, but no where in the story is that throwaway explanation even implied. But otherwise, the show gives great portent to coincidences in the form of MiB manipulation, Jacob's guidance, cosmic intervention and so forth, at least when it is convenient and effective for the writers to make something of it. But here following the phone call, she gets that particular message that contributes to her going back, but conveniently not putting a small child in the fire fights that will arise. So, why that curious dream at that time? ... just Kate's psychic intuition, maybe, maybe not.
- Why (to whom) was it critical that Aaron not return to the Island?
- It was just a dream, and obviously Claire wanted Aaron back with her so it wasn't Claire who appeared, it was just a dream.
- No it was apparently not Claire reaching out directly, and that might suggest that it was part of MiB's agenda, or some further explanation that could be much more interesting and satisfying, and entirely open to question, as part of a show for which some paranormal phenomena are treated as having a basis in the show's reality.
- Why did she remain so evidently loyal to the Man-in-Black upon learning of his deception regarding Aaron?
- He was her only friend for 3 years, no reason not to be. Also she wasn't exactly loyal, she left him in "The Last Recruit" and openly disobeyed him in "What They Died For". Plausible, and additionally, she wasn't in her right mind. No better explanation comes to mind, except that the sickness, which was could be resisted and overcome, left her with neither reason nor free will, otherwise the lack of immediate reaction and questioning remains terribly nonsensical, in the face of suddenly learning that the belief that had so dominated existence (as MiB claims to Kate to have intended) and caused her to kill people was a falsehood.
- How could she so readily recognize the Man-in-Black as her "friend" in the guise of Locke?
- Most likely he told her.
All we see is MiB–Locke stroll into her tent, and she blithely tells Jin "that's not Locke." Perhaps, since the Ajira crash, or maybe outside somewhere moments before, she had encountered him, and he had promptly explained, "I'm that friend of yours, but look who I am now." Mundanely, plausible. But there could be more to it; maybe she sees through his guises. How had he largely appeared to her over the prior three years? ... as "her father?" ... whom she had referred to as being in addition to her friend at one point, in arguing so strenuously with Jin about Aaron's being with the Others, even though she is evidently was well aware that her friend and father on the Island are one and the same! Sure, she's just confused.
I enjoy speculating, but I think Lostpedia needs to be much more comfortable accepting that (a great many) things remain unanswered; instead of constructing answers. It's still a great show, even if the producers would prefer arrogantly to concede no failings the other Others, even if leaving some things open at either the big-picture or trivial stage is fine; being fired on during a Time Flash is not trivial. But Lostpedia should not help them sweep valid issues under the rug. If it cannot be explained in a canonically consistent or affirmed manner, then it is simply unanswered. It's cool.
--Man-of-the-Wold 05:36, June 27, 2010 (UTC)
Just to let you know that the following user Jezzebellina has vandalised the Plot Twist, Libby Smith and Eloise Hawking pages. I have reverted said vandalism as required. --Dharmafolk 21:58, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Not sure, but it says Jezzebellina undid all of his/her vandalism. I mean, if they changed it back, no harm done. So, I say give them a second chance (If it was them who changed it back) Julietfan2626 22:00, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I beg your pardon, it was you who changed it back. Block that scum! :) Julietfan2626 22:01, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- It's done!--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 22:05, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Hoorah!!! Julietfan2626 22:06, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
Umm... What's that all about?
- Hello, first of all let me say that I just randomly selected a Sysop, if you feel somebody else would be more qualified to help me, please feel free to point me elsewhere. I was just wondering why a Wikia bot suddenly decided to create a Userpage for me. I'm not a new user, and well ... it filled it up with random cluster that doesn't really make sense. (Earning a badge for making edits on 5 different pages? I've done so in past. Multiple times) Is this a new feature? Is this mandatory? Is there a place where I could find out more information about this stuff? Right now... it's just weird. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide. :) --LeoChris 04:50, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for the information, it's appreciated. And yeah, I agree with you, the badges will probably bring out the competitive side of people, which is something that may not work out for the greater good of the wiki. Of course, if it's a wikia feature, we might just have to learn to live with it... Anyway, as I said, thank you again. --LeoChris 08:14, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
Just saying hi! Ocie14 14:00, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for renaming all the articles that needed to be done. You moved the Season 1 deleted scenes article, but because the other 5 seasons weren't nominated you overlooked them. Please could you move the other articles too? I will nominate them now. They can all be found through the deleted scenes page. Thanks again!--Baker1000 00:11, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
Okay long story short, the admin, User:Mr.Leaf, has been inactive for nearly 9 months. Clearly he has packed up and forgotten about lostpedia, or he doesn't care any more. And please, save me an argument, no he won't come back. Anyway, I was thinking, and clearly other people are on board with this, that you take away Mr. Leaf's admin privileges, and give them to BalkOfFame. Now, why? Let's compare the two users:
- Active daily
- Makes tonnes of edits, over 13,000
- They are good quality edits
- He is kind to everyone
- Doesn't argue or get involved in arguments (If he does, it is to resolve them)
- He is smart and a valuable user to this wikia.
- Hasn't been on for 9 months
- People clearly have forgotten him
Now you have no reason to decline this absolutely reasonable and acceptable request. Also BalkOfFame is on board with the idea of becoming an admin. To see other peoples thoughts, please visit and read this blog, respect more people will comment in time, but it is clear they want him as an admin, and Mr. Leaf out. User blog:Julietfan2626/I need a lot of your opinions...
Okay, I understand. Sorry about that. --18:07, September 4, 2010 (UTC)
I know we collapse (almost) all nav-boxes, but I think that's just an easy default rather than the best solution. Multiple nav-boxes shouldn't clutter pages, but with specific cases of multiple boxes, if we know which we one want open, why collapse both? We uncollapse season nav boxes, for instance, no matter how many other character nav-boxes we let collapse at the bottom of the page. The individual soundtrack nav-boxes actually responded to a request for nav-boxes like the season boxes. --- Balk Of Fame ♪ talk 14:10, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
- How about this. We removed the music nav from the orchestral pieces' articles and leave only the soundtrack navs, so even though they would still be collapsable they'll stay uncollapsed on these articles. --Orhan94 17:56, September 17, 2010 (UTC)
Why did you delete my article?
Why did you delete my article "Daniel the physician" , I wouldn't have minded if you edited it, but deleting it?? Eli815 16:06, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
Please tell me which site you can see the deleted scenes of all seasons?
Please tell me which site you can see the deleted scenes of all seasons?-Harry Kar 12:00, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I think that they can all be found on YouTube. --Orhan94 09:31, February 16, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you. -Harry Kar 14:07, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I do. I think it's one of the best shows on at the moment :). --Orhan94 14:25, March 13, 2011 (UTC)
Requests for administration
Hi Orhan, I'm FedericoF. I wrote to you for the requests for administration page, is a page where the users vote to other featured users who have good editions and they deserve the charge of administration. I wanted to ask you if you want to name one of them administrator of Lostpedia (if they're more, better, the majority on that list have good editions). Thanks.
- -- 13:37, April 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, I can't as I'm only an Administrator, and you need a Bureaucrat to upgrade someone to an Administrator status. I advise you write to either Jabberwocky or Plkrtn, as they have the ability to upgrade someone. --Orhan94 17:58, April 25, 2011 (UTC)
Ok, I'll tell to one of them, thanks anyway :)
- -- 20:12, April 25, 2011 (UTC)
Just a question, but as administrator you can edit all the interview articles with template:I. Could you do that for me, all the pages will look better without a name of a user ;) --Station7 23:21, May 6, 2011 (UTC)
Still thank you for giving me the colors so I can use it on other Wikis. I'm you very thankful :) --Station7 18:32, September 12, 2011 (UTC)
Orhan, the 5 of January (sorry if i said it wrongly, i'm not native English speaker) you eliminated the article Facebook. I'm wondering if there would be a way to see what used to say in that article. Is it possible?----Skenar 20px (Discusión) 00:43, October 25, 2011 (UTC)
Related Videos Module
Hi, my name is Nic and I'm a member of the Wikia Content Development Team. As you may have seen on many wikis such as Call of Duty, there is a new module for the right hand column that displays related videos to the Wiki. This is a new feature that we want to place on your wiki, would you be cool with allowing this? The module can be seen on any page, here is an example - Wagnike2 (talk) 19:47, August 24, 2012 (UTC)
Name of Page
Hello Orhan94, I have a question, you can change the name of a page but leaving the same content?, because the page of "José Antonia Ceinos" the name are wrong is "José Antonio Ceinos". Thanks in advance! --Szsaszs (talk) 21:20, September 5, 2013 (UTC)
- That was the reason given when the interview was deleted. --Orhan94 12:53, July 3, 2014 (UTC)