Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I guess I should have entitled this "Things to Read..." Since Season 3 and these ridiculously long hiatuses(plural for hiatus?) I've entertained myself with the many literary works referenced on Lost. So, here are a few suggestions I hope you will enjoy.
1. The Dark Tower series by Stephen King - A SEVEN BOOK series. I don't believe that it has ever been referenced on the show, but the producers have said what an influence the series and other King works (THE STAND) have been on them. The first four books I found amazing. The last three fell short of my expectations. Regardless, it is a long series that blends action, western, fantasy, and sci-fi.
2. VALIS by Philip K. Dick - First referenced in season 4, it is the first book in Dick's trilogy about God. There is much discussion about religion, Christianity, and the nature of the universe. Of all the books I have read, I do believe that this book may explain more about the nature of Lost and what is going on on the Island than any other book.
3. WATERSHIP DOWN by Richard Adams - A 400+ page story about bunnies. If you didn't read this book when it first popped up on the show, you are missing out. It may be a "children's story," but I absolutely loved it. The characters are wonderful. The book is full of action and suspense. The ending is one of the most beautiful and satisfying things I have ever read.
4. SLAUGHTERHOUSE 5 by Kurt Vonnegut - A good quick read. This book was the inspiration for Desmond's "flashes." If you like satire, time-traveling, and 4th dimensional beings, then this book won't disappoint.
5. Rejoin society and try to live a normal, Lost-free life until 2010. For some of you, I guess this might be an option. There are SO many other great books referenced on the show, but these have been my favorites and have kept me going between seasons. Feel free to add your own suggestions.