Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1)Bible: Paralytic is "lowered from roof", and is healed by Jesus. Mark 2:1 - 2:13
Lost: Locke is pushed from 8 story window and is resurrected.
- 2)Bible: Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve. And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. Luke 22:3-4
Lost: MIB persuades Ben, a follower of Jacob. And Ben stabs Jacob.
- 3)Bible: Each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. James 1:14
Lost: Richard believes one cannot resist MIB on their own.
- 4)Bible: If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
--Matthew 17:20 Lost: (speculation only) Jacob grants eternal life unto Richard, because of the things he asked him for, this was the only one he asked for out of faith.
- 5)Bible: And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord. Acts 22:16
Lost: (speculation only) When Jacob forces Richard's head into the water, it is a baptism. This is why when Richard asks to be absolved of his sins, Jacob says he cannot do that.
- 6)Bible: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Lost: Richard, who finds faith in Jacob, is granted eternal life.
- 7) Bible: And remember, when someone wants to do wrong it is never God who is tempting him, for God never wants to do wrong and never tempts anyone else to do it. James 1:13
Lost: MIB convinces others to carry out his bidding.
these are just a few things I noticed. I'm in no way saying that Jacob is difinatively God, or that MIB is definatively the devil (if anything, this episode proves the opposite). I'm simply trying to point out that the relationship between Jacob/MIB/Richard is based heavily biblical material. Indeed, I suggest that the book of revelation may hold many clues into how the show may end...