BMetcalf82 has an interesting post about how some major arrivals at the island were regular intervals apart, almost to the day. After doing a little research, I realized that several major important arrival dates coincide with important solar celestial dates - particularly the Autumn Equinox but also the Winter Solstice. This post captures a few of the more prominent ones along with a couple predictions:
- ?, 1845: The Black Rock. It departed England on March 22 (two days after the Spring Equinox). I predict it arrived on the island on the Spring Solstice (June 21) or Autumn Equinox (Sept 22) in 1845.
- 23 September, 1954 (Autumn Equinox): US Army Arrivals (date from photo in Lamppost)
- 22 September, 2001 (Autumn Equinox): Juliet arrives via sub (source??)
- 22 September, 2004 (Autumn Equinox): Oceanic 815 crashes
- 21 December, 2004 (Winter Solstice): Daniel, Miles, Charlotte, Frank arrive via helicopter
- Unknown Friday, late December 2007 or early January 2008: Aijiera 316 crashes. Winter Solstice was on Friday December 21st that year, which I predict will turn out to be the date of the flight.