Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When The Losties first arrived to The Island some of them are candidates, some aren't (Obviously). We know that Jacob brought the candidates to The Island because of their flaws and because they were broken and needed something they couldn't find in the real world. This leads me to believe that the lists that Jacob gave the others (Excluding the list hidden within the Ankh from LA X) were of people who weren't candidates.
The proof I base this on is the following:
- "Shephard wasn't even on Jacobs list." - Danny Pickett
- "You are not on the list be cause you were flawed, because you were angry, and weak, and frightened." - Mikhail [It's good to note that he says this to Sayid, Kate, and Locke, all of whom were candidates by this point]
- The whole purpose of the lists given to the others was to take the survivors and give them better lives, this would clearly be a very terrible way to test the candidates if they were in fact candidates.
- Lastly the others try to take Eko, who couldn't have been a candidate since Smokie murders him.
- I think it's safe to assume the purpose of taking the survivors listed was to seperate the candidates from the non-candidates.
I posted this a while back on the Lostpedia forum and most people seemed to like it, I'd like to know what you guys think of it!--GrinningTurtle 00:56, March 25, 2011 (UTC)