Here is a list of my choices for the Top Twenty Moments in Lost so far, with the quotes.. Tell me what you think.
20. "Richard said I was going to die." -John Locke.
"Well, I suppose that's what they call it a sacrifice." -Christian Shepherd.
John's meeting with Christian Shepherd in the wheel chamber, and the subsequent turning of the wheel.
19. "Follow me? Their leader is some sodding old man. What, you think he can track me? You think he knows this island better than I do?" -Charles Widmore.
The meeting of the Losties and the Others in 1954, during "Jughead."
18. "Two players. One side is light...one side is dark. Walt, do you want to know a secret?" -John Locke.
Locke explaining the rules of backgammon, and possibly the entire show, to Walt, during "Pilot, Part 2."
17. "Jack, I said all of you. We're gonna have to bring him too." -Benjamin Linus.
The revelation that Locke was the one inside the coffin during "There's No Place Like Home."
16. "I hope you're happy now Jacob." -Benjamin Linus.
Ben turning the Frozen Donkey Wheel during "There's No Place Like Home."
15. "Only, the thing is, we're gonna have to take the boy." -Tom Friendly.
The stealing of Walt at the end of "Exodus."
14. "I'll miss you John, I really will." -Benjamin Linus
Locke's death at the hands of Ben during "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham."
13. "Help me." -Jacob's Nemesis?
The scene inside "Jacob's" Cabin during "The Man Behind the Curtain."
12. "Wow, you guys have some real trust issues, don't you? Guess it makes sense she didn't tell you. I mean, with the two of you fighting all the time. Of course, if I was one of them -- these people that you seem to think are your enemies -- what would I do? Well, there'd be no balloon, so I'd draw a map to a real secluded place like a cave or some underbrush -- good place for a trap -- an ambush. And when your friends got there a bunch of my people would be waiting for them. Then they'd use them to trade for me. I guess it's a good thing I'm not one of them, huh? You guys got any milk?" -Benjamin Linus.
Ben's speech as Henry Gale at the end of "The Whole Truth."
11. "Do you have any idea how badly I wanna kill you?" -Jacob's Nemesis
"One of these days, sooner or later...I'm going to find a loophole, my friend. -Jacob's Nemesis.
"Well, when you do, I'll be right here. -Jacob
The opening scene and discussion between Jacob and his nemesis in "The Incident."
10. "Why do you find it so hard to believe?" -John Locke.
"Why do you find it so easy?" -Jack Shepherd.
"It's never been easy!"- John Locke.
Locke and Jack's argument over pushing the button.
9. "So I guess I'm out of the book club." -Benjamin Linus.
The opening scene of Season 3, with the revelation that the Others live in a modern neighborhood on the island.
8. "I stole her as a baby from an insane woman. She's a pawn, nothing more. She means nothing to me. I'm not coming out of this house. So if you want to kill her, go ahead and do it..." -Benjamin Linus.
Alex's death during "The Shape of Things to Come."
7. "This don't look like LAX." -James "Saywer" Ford.
The entire Incident, during "The Incident."
6. " I've done everything you wanted me to do, so why did you do this to me?" -John Locke.
Locke pounding on the door of the hatch, and seeing the light in "Deus Ex Machina."
5. "3 days before you came down here, before we met, I heard a banging on the Hatch door, shouting. But it was you, John, wasn't it? You said there isn't any purpose—there's no such thing as fate. But you saved my life, brother, so that I could save yours." -Desmond Hume.
"No, no, no, none of this is real! Nothing is going to happen. We're going to be okay!" -John Locke.
"I've got to go. And you've got to get as far away from here as possible." -Desmond Hume.
"Go where? Stop!" -John Locke.
"I'm going to blow the dam, John. I'm sorry for whatever happened that made you stop believing. But it's all real. Now I've got to go and make it all go away." -Desmond Hume.
"Wait, Desmond!" -John Locke.
"I'll see you in another life, brother." -Desmond Hume
The system failure during "Live Together, Die Alone."
4. "I love you, Penny." -Desmond Hume.
Desmond and Penelope's phone call on board the freighter in "The Constant.
3. "Don't tell me what I can't do, ever! This is destiny. This is destiny. This is my destiny. I'm supposed to do this, dammit! Don't tell me what I can't do!"- John Locke.
The final scene of "Walkabout", with the revelation that Locke was in a wheelchair prior the crash, and the following scene showing him getting up and walking after the crash.
2. "Oh... so now, after all this time, you've decided to stop ignoring me. Thirty-five years I lived on this island, and all I ever heard was your name over and over. Richard would bring me your instructions--all those slips of paper, all those lists--and I never questioned anything. I did as I was told. But when I dared to ask to see you myself, I was told, "You have to wait. You have to be patient." But when he asked to see you? He gets marched straight up here as if he was Moses. So... why him? Hmm? What was it that was so wrong with me? What about me?!" -Benjamin Linus.
"What about you?" -Jacob.
The scene of the revelation that Locke was still dead, and Jacob's death inside the four toed statue in "The Incident."
1. "We have to go back!!"-Jack Shepherd.
The final scene of "Through the Looking Glass."
Tell me what you think of my list, and what scenes you thought should have been on there.