Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I think I have it; Lost is just a rehash of the special “Doctor Who the Key to Time”, 1978 - 1979. I normally watch this every year or so and while watching it this weekend I couldn’t help but notice all the similarities to Lost. The key to time complete adventure is made up of 6 episodes. The Doctor is a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey who is able to travel through both time and space. I won’t give the entire synopsis of each episode just give you some similarities to Lost:
1. The Ribos Operation: The Doctors TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimensions In Space) – is intercepted by the White Guardian (the guardian of light and time) who sets the Doctor on a quest to find the 6 segments to the Key to Time. I believe this is why there are 6 candidates in Lost. The Key once assembled, will allow the White Guardian to restore balance to a universe descending into evil and chaos. The island is supposed to somehow keep our world in balance. To assist the Doctor he is given a companion, Romana, and a tracer to locate and transform the segment back into its segment of the key. The segments can be in any shape or form according to the White Guardian. The White Guardian also tells the Doctor that he has a counterpart, the Black Guardian (Guardian of Darkness), who if he gets the key will plunge the universe into chaos and destruction. Both guardians can also assume any shape. On the planet they encounter 2 conmen Garron and Unstoffe. I believe this is where both Lockes father (Garron) and Sawyer (Unstoffe) came from. There is also a character named Sholakh who I believe to be where the Locke character originated.
2. The Pirate Planet: While on this planet they encounter a pirate named the Captain who has a trophy room made up of the crushed remains of planets which is used to form a time dam. The time dam is used to keep Queen Xanxia alive and she is currently in a form that will in her opinion never age or dies. This could be the inspiration for the Richard character but in my opinion it will most likely play into the explanation of Jacobs’s character. Part 3 is a dead on description of the Richard character. The Captains first mate Mr. Fibuli offers the Caption 3 alternative which I believe to be the 3 choices that Fake Locke offers to Sawyer. Also the crushed planets form a system that creates a perfect balance to the environment almost reminding me of the perfect balance of the scales in the cave which Fake Locke takes Sawyer to show him the names on the cave walls.
Explanations as how the 3 choices the Fake Locke (Flocke) offered Sawyer are the same as the 3 alternatives that Mr. Fibuli offered to the Captain in the Doctor Who – The Key To Time Special. I will present the choices offered by Flocke to Sawyer in the order that they were presented in and then provide the alternatives in Doctor Who and show how each fits. I think I also know what the inside joke means when Flocke removed the white rock from the scale and tossed it in the ocean. Sawyer asked what that was about and lock advised that it was an INSIDE joke. I will have to give you the background on what is happening on Doctor Who – The Pirate Planet episode of The Key To Time first.
Background: The Captain is an engineering genius who has attached enormous engines to the side of a mountain on the planet Zanak. These engines are being used to somehow propel the entire planet instantly through spaces thousand or millions of light years from its present location wherever that may be to a new location. Mr. Fibuli is an engineer in his own right and runs the day to day operations of the engines. At one point in the episode Mr. Fibuli approaches the Captain and tells him the following: The macromat field integrator has burnt out sir. This is one of four components that we can’t replace ourselves. He also mentions the fact that they only have the capability to make one more jump in their present condition. And he eventually gets around to telling the Captain that there are 2 alternatives and then switches the number to 3 alternatives. The Captain rumbles acting like a true pirate before he commands Mr. Fibuli to provide him the alternatives.
Choice #1 Lost – You can do nothing and see how this all plays out. Doctor Who Alternative – Mr. Fibuli advises that they can just have the planet Zanak settle where it is. - Both choices advise that they do nothing
Choice #2 Lost – Accept the job. You can become the new Jacob and protect the island. (The part about protecting the island comes in later as to the explanation of the INSIDE joke. Doctor Who Alternative – Mr. Fibuli advises: we can try to find a new integrator though I can’t envision how we’d do that.
- Both choices involve swapping the old with the new. Sawyer or another candidate for Jacob. Replacing an old integrator for a new integrator.
Choice #3 Lost – We just go and get the hell off this island together and never look back (this means that Sawyer wants to go home) Doctor Who Alternative – This one takes some explaining so here we go. Mr. Fibuli tells the Captain that alternatively there is a very rare mineral, PJX-18 which would do the same job as the integrator if they could find any. We then find that they find a source of PJX-18 which turns out to be quartz. The source of the find is on the planet Tera aka the Earth. It’s crystal clear to me but I know that there are a lot of you that may be skeptical about this one. Sawyer wants to go home, the Earth isn’t home to the Captain but it is where they need to go and the Earth is Sawyers home in the broadest sense of the word.
The 3 choices all match up in my opinion. Now on to the explanation to why I think I solved the riddle of Flocke’s quote when he threw the white rock into the ocean and indicating to Sawyer after he asked what was that for and Flocke responded with it’s an INSIDE joke. To me the telling words are both INSIDE & NOTHING. Now follow my logic. When choice #2 was presented to Sawyer it went like this. Accept the job. You can become the new Jacob and protect the island. Sawyer then responds with, protect the island from what? Then Flocke says from NOTHING James, that the joke. In the Doctor Who universe the Doctor discovers that Zanak is not what it appears to be. It turns out that the planet is not a planet at all even though the inhabitants are unaware of this fact as they are banned from entering into any underground opening under penalty of Death. It turns out that Zanak is a huge hollow designed planet looking ship. So when the Doctor enters INSIDE the planet roughly some 3 to 5 miles into it he discovers that it contains NOTHING and is hollow. I believe that the writers are just giving tribute to the fact that they are using bits and pieces of the Key To Time special in the telling of their work of fiction.
3. The Stones of Blood: Back on Earth the Doctor encounter Vivian Fay who is 4000 years old who is most likely the inspiration for the Richard character since she doesn’t appear to age either. She is able to take on different forms almost like the smoke monster. She uses her staff to create a static circle that the Doctor is unable to enter. This reminds me of the black ash used to keep Smokey at bay. It is also found out that she was a prisoner aboard a ship that was taking her to be judged for her crimes but she managed to escape. Again remind you of anyone. The Druid religion is based around her. She used rock creatures called Ogres to do her bidding. She used her ability to transform into the Doctor to lure Romana to the edge of a cliff and push her off (leaving Romana dangling for her life) that seems eerily familiar to the scene where the Sawyer had to be rescued by Fake Locke. Romana ended up being rescued by the real Doctor.
4. The Androids of Tara: On this planet they encounter the kings swordsman who does the soon to be kings (Prince Reynart) bidding including killing. He I believe is the inspiration for Sayid Jarrah and his characters named is Farrah (just one letter off). They find themselves at one point trying to enter secretly into Castle Graf owned by Count Grendal (in my opinion the temple). Castle Graf is surrounded by a moat. Remember the water surrounding the temple. Also the king’s man knows of a secret entrance into the Castle. On the outskirts of the castle under foliage is a hole in the wall leading to an underground entrance used by the nobility to avoid the peasants in the time of plagues. Remind you of the entrance Jin showed Hurley and crew while trying to enter the temple. Princess Strella is a prisoner and can be seen weaving a tapestry almost like the scene where Jacob is weaving his tapestry. There is a Japanese style hut that they call a pavilion that I equate to the Japanese style house Jack saw in the lighthouse mirror. In the Counts android fixer Madame Lamia’s lab can be seen a tapestry that looks like balance scales.
5. The Power of Krull: They run into green natives on the 3rd moon of the planet Delta Magna. The natives were placed on this moon almost like Native Americans were on reservations. The earth men have discovered a source of methane which they are collecting in abundance and now want the moon back. The natives believe in creature called Krull who they believe protect them. They are intending to go to war with the earth men and remove them from their world. They capture Romana and intend to offer her as a sacrifice to Krull. During that encounter the Doctor saves Romana at the last minute identifying the Krull creature to be one of the natives dressed in a costume. I believe this to be the symbolism of Fake Locke who said he was once a man, who we know now to also be Smokey. Once of the men at the methane refinery name is spelled Dugeen. It is almost pronounced the same as the Temple Samurai Dogen. Once every 10 hours they collect enough methane to be harvested and they fire the methane capsule into orbit to be collected. This shot reminded me of the warning shot that Dogen shot into the air warning everyone to prepare for Smokey after learning that Jacob was dead. There was a point in this story where the Doctor descended into a well to retrieve a book about Krull. This scene reminded me of the scene where Locke descended into the well to turn the wheel that would transport him off the island. Also after the shot was fired the clock would reset. This reminded me of the 108 minute clock resetting after the number 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 & 42 numbers were entered into the swan hatch computer. There was even a scene where the Head native speaking to the Doctor had a speech about the humans coming to their world fighting and the greed and evil of their great cities. This reminded me of the line where the MIB was speaking to Jacob on the beach. There were multiple instances of white smoke in this and several other episodes that reminded me of Smokey.
6. The Armageddon Factor: They come to the Planet of Atrios who is at war with its twin planet Xeos. They are in the middle of a nuclear war. This reminds me of the Jughead bomb. The military leader of the Atrios people is a man they call the Marshal who is being controlled by the black guardian (the Shadow) who is the Doctors rival. The Marshal is being overcome by darkness. This reminds me of what Dogen say about Sayid and Claire. The emblem on the Marshal’s uniform has pyramid designs on it reminding me of the temple. The Marshal stares into a mirror where he receives instructions from the Shadow. The mirror in my opinion is the inspiration for the lighthouse mirror.
- Also during each and every episode there are themes showing the black and white contrast. Whether it is the clothing that individual are wearing, props in the room, checkerboard patterns on the floor etc. I would say 3 to 7 in each episode. I also caught references to the number 4, 8, 15 & 42. I’m sure if I went back I could find the rest. I don’t think this is just a coincidence at all. Watch it for yourselves and let me know what you think.
- I made some other observations. Going back and forth from the island to the sideway flash seems and sounds like the TARDIS doors opening when the White Guardian summons the Doctor at the beginning of the Ribos Operation. This would also coincide with my theory that the cabin is a TARDIS representative as well as the lighthouse, not to mention the island itself jumping from one location and then to another. It appearing and disappearing wherever it chooses and blending into its environment. Although the Doctors TARDIS has a broken cloaking device rendering it into the shape of the same blue police box that so many have come to love all us true fans know that a fully functioning TARDIS takes on the guise of its environment.
Lost Episode 3 Mar 2010 “Sundown” similarities - In The Power of Krull, Krull the giant Squid reaches the methane facility. There a member of the crew named Dugeen was killed by one of his own men (Dogen being killed by Sayid). Some natives also arrive to fight against the earthmen. Krull reaches the facility and proceeds to use his many tentacles to reach in and grab anyone within his reach for food. In Lost the Smoke Monster reaches into the temple grabbing and killing all who stand against him. The smoke reminiscent of tentacles.
- This happened earlier this season but it just came to me after watching this episode. In The Armageddon Factor the Shadow uses a device which he placed both Romana and the Doctor in to extract information. When they didn’t tell the truth a form of electric shock would be forced into their bodies causing great pain to the point of collapse. In Lost when Sayid was tested to reveal the truth about his nature of being good or evil as we now know Dogen used a form of electric shock to get to the truth of where Sayid stood on the scale of being good or evil.
- I think this is something else that was pulled from the special. When the Doctor, Romana and another character were being sacrificed to Krull one of the natives told them that they were being sacrificed by the 7th ritual which was the most excruciating and longest form of torture/death. They were placed in stockades and lying on a bed like device. Their hands and feet were bound in wooden blocks. Then what the natives called creeper vines were attached to the wooden blocks. There was a large window type dome that was directly over the bed like device. When sunlight got into the room the vines would shorten and stretch the wooden block eventually snapping ones spine. The native then told Romana that he wanted her and the Doctor to be sacrificed by the 1st ritual where they would simply be thrown into a pit and be stoned to death. In Lost Claire was taken prisoner by Dogen’s men once she entered the temple and placed in the hole. If you look at that scene carefully once Kate looks down at Claire from the top of the hole you can see smaller stones on the floor of the hole. I’m not saying that they used this hole to stone people to death but this many coincidences taken from one special being incorporated throughout Lost in my opinion could get one convicted, if you were on trial of a crime, if it were presented in a court of law.
The information below is simply my theory on how the show could end in my opinion. I am not a writer for the show so don’t bite my head off for having an opinion. The information that I present above are simply observations that I have made and continue to make as to similar nature of both shows. You don’t have to take my word for it just watch it for yourself.
EVERYTHING MENTIONED ABOVE COMES FROM THE COMPARISON OF THE TWO SHOWS ON EVENTS THAT HAVE ALREADY OCCURRED. BELOW I AM MAKING A GUESS AS TO HOW I BELIEVE THE SHOW WILL END BASED UPON THE ENDING OF THE KEY TO TIME. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE WRITERS HAVE IN MIND AS TO HOW THEY WILL END IT. I MYSELF HOPE I GET TOTALLY SURPRISED TO THE ENDING BEING SOMETHING THAT IS NOT IN THE DOCTOR WHO SPECIAL. SO IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW HOW IT ENDED THINKING THAT IT MAY RUIN YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE SHOW SIMPLE STOP READING NOW.
Lost is simply using numerous events within the series and created the backdrop for their series. For instance the character Vivian Fay who is a dead ringer for the Richard Character also used her wand to create the circle that the Doctor couldn't penetrate. Richard didn't do that in the show but other characters have. I’m not saying the stories are the same just events within the story. Example you see a new movie and there is a shower scene and someone is taking a shower. You see the shower curtain being pulled back and another individual has a knife you immediately think that the idea came from Psycho.
I'm just saying with the whole red herring which I believe they blatantly threw at us with the season 5 closer it would be perfect. If you didn't get it we have been spoon fed the idea that Jacob is the good guy. We see his nemesis dressed in black and assume that he is the bad guy. All along when Jacob goes to the ocean and gets his trap out of the water and the fish that happens to be in the trap is an actual red herring. This scene which most people base their views on Jacob and the MIB could have been an obvious curb ball. This is my theory and right now my theory is as good as any other until its proven wrong just like yours and everyone else.
If you factor in the flash sideway which I believe is the end result of the characters lives after the game is played out on the island. Another reason I say that Jacob is bad is how the character Dogen tells us he came to be on the island. He and his son were in what seemed to be a bad traffic accident that resulted from him having too much alcohol after celebrating a new promotion. He was ok after the accident but his son was in a life threatening condition. We are then told that he is approached by Jacob who tells him that his son will be ok if he takes the position as leader of the temple. He is also told that he can never see his son again. He takes the deal because what parent wouldn’t give anything for their childs life. Sounds like a deal with the devil to me. We see how he also affected the life of Sayid. He purposely stops Sayid and asks for directions leaving Nadia on her on. She continues across the street finds her glasses and turns around just to be hit and killed by an oncoming SUV.
I go back to the season 5 finale when Bram (Jacobs’s bodyguard) tells Lapidus that they are the good guys. Lapidus responds with in my experience the people who go out of their way to tell you that they are the good guys are normally the bad guys. It also brings me to the conversation that Jacob was having with Hurley telling him that he had to get both Hurley and Jack away from the temple because someone bad was coming referring to Locke. Why does Jacob keep so much information to himself? He just gives enough information to manipulate those around him into doing his bidding.
Flocke on the other hand asks Sayid to join him telling him that he could give him anything in the world. Sayid responds that the only thing that he ever wanted died in his arms (Nadia). We see in the flash sideways that it looks as if Flocke has made good on his promise to reunite him with Nadia. His brother is in the hospital and because of the deal that he has made with criminals and the fact that Nadia still has strong feelings for Sayid that I believe that they will eventually end up together. When you see Dogen at the Williams Conservatory after Jacks son has finished his audition Dogen is with his son and they seem to be happy. We also see this with Claire. Flocke has promised that she will be reunited with her son. She only wants to raise her child now. Kate only wants to help Claire with this. In the flash sideways we see Kate risk getting apprehended by the authorities and Claire finally realizing that she wants to keep her baby. Again I believe a result of Flockes’ intervention and not that of Jacob
To me Jacob’s perspective can be summed up with what he said on the beach to the MIB. “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress. He is just playing a game but at the expense of peoples lives. Why would the so-called protector of the island be so callus with human life? We think we know that Jacob is the one bringing people to the island while his nemesis Flocke wants to end the game between the two and go home as he put it. I believe we will see in the final episodes how Flocke will intervene for the rest of individuals on the island whether they chose his side or not.
I also believe that once you die on the island your body may cease to be there but you continue in the real world. I believe the real world to also take the shape of whomever is winning the game at the time it is being played. I say this because of Juliet. I believe that when she was dying she was speaking about events that were happening on the other side. I believe that this could have been with either Jack or Sawyer. She said that “We should get coffee sometime. We can go dutch.” She concludes her conversation through Miles when she said “It worked” I believe referring to the bomb being set off sinking the island. I only say Jack or Sawyer because I believe that Juliet could be the mother of Jacks son and it could be them trying to work things out in the end.
I believe that everything we saw at the end of season 5 is the world in which Jacob was winning the game. Now in the flash sideways I believe that not only is Flocke winning but that he has won. I believe this to be the result of the island being sunk and under the water. The gods have put away their toys and have gone home. GAME OVER.
You have Sayid and Sawyer on one side Hurley and S. Kwon on the other. The scales are balanced and with Locke being dead Jack gets to be the deciding factor on how the whole thing plays out. In Doctor Who the Doctor never takes things at face value he uses his mind and draws his own conclusions. He asks the right questions and decides that the MIB is the one who is most trustworthy which ends up being the right choice as Jacob is revealed to be the deceiver and they show you flashbacks of how he tried to pull it off yet to be outplayed. The characters go back to their lives as seen in the flash sideways.
I also see a scenario where Sayid, Sawyer and Locke are on one side. Locke is brought back and the MIB assumes his role as the one playing the game and not a player in the game. Hurley, S. Kwon and Jack on the other but we still have a stalemate. Kate, as her name was still not lined out on the lighthouse device, gets to play the role of the Doctor and outs Jacob as evil and the game is over. The End.
I just hope we don’t find out that a Mentalis type computer is playing a game that isn’t able to be won because of computer logic. The computer being so sophisticated that it has the power over time itself. It would have been programmed with flawless logic and has been allowing both sides to win and lose over the centuries but not winning in the aspect that victory was achieved. With the power of the six they somehow defeat the machine and then game over.
The End of my ramblings. If you made it this far I’m impressed I put together a lot of information in a theory. Like I said before I just hope that when the DVD is released they give Doctor Who the acknowledgment it deserves.
--B00gieman1 01:33, March 9, 2010 (UTC)