Hi Im Matt Walker. I am a Physic's Student from Portland Maine. Here's some of my LOST thoughts.
Coerced Course CorrectionEdit
I have a theory that the game Ben/Widmore and maybe more are playing is merely a manipulation of the universe's neccesity to course correct. We all know, by now, about this course correction.
Lets say, you (make that Ben) knew of something that NEEDED to be corrected. Ohhh I dunno the O6 leaving the island is a good example. If that wasnt supposed to happen the universe is going to have to correct for that. HOW it corrects for that is kind of up in the air. Think back to Ms. Hawking...You cant save him cause hell be hit by a bus, and you try and save him from that hell get struck by lightning, etc. So it dosnt matter the method of correction, just the result.
Now if you wanted to coerce that correction, all you would need to do is set up some situation where the potential for the correction is maximum (and in your favor).
Why, if the island needs those people back, yeah sure I can see it maybe drawing people in slowly one at a time (weve seen PLENTY of examples of this). Immagine now that you got the 06 all in the right spot (wherever that is). If the universe is going to course correct, that is a perfect oppertunity. In this situation the probabiliy is maximum for correction to occur.
I believe this is how Ben manipulates. He just has knowledge of the things that need to happen and when something deviates from this...he springs in, guiding the correction to his benefit. This is his plan for getting the O6 back on island.
Widmore, however, probably is in the process of guiding the correction to his benefit as well.
Matt 15:04, 19 June 2008 (PDT)
LOST - The acronymEdit
Why is LOST all capitalized, kind of like DHARMA. Is there an acronym ive missed? Matt 15:04, 19 June 2008 (PDT)
All our key players who survived 815 are all decendants of the island's "original inhabitants"Matt 14:37, 26 June 2008 (PDT)
- Their purpose is to "do it again", except this time they gotta do it right. Of course, I dont know exactly what "it" is, and Jack may have already messed "it" up.
The Island's Future...er...Past?Edit
- Step 1 of the freighter team was a success. The tempest and any future (or past in the right context) gas atack is thwarted. The inert gas is VERY IMPORTANT.
- Ben turns the Orchid wheel and moves the island. I propose the island was moved to 30 years ago (as evidenced by the Pierre Chang video we all just got). The actuall mass on the island (all the things on it) stay, even though the time is now 30 years back. That means Rose, Bernard, Sawyer, Juliette, Richard, Locke and company, etc. are all still there. This is presumably how Daniel Faraday contacts Chang (assuming he does) and how his notebook is filled with Dharma stuff.
- So now DHARMA (maybe its Dharma now) moves onto the island. Little boy Ben IS with them (and this is why HE had to turn the wheel and leave, there cant be 2 Bens on the island). Little Boy Ben will grow up and purge the island AGAIN. This time, however, the gas is inert. So that isnt the cause of the purge. Ben will purge the island though per Course Correction, the method will have changed though. This has ben going on in a loop over and over again. With purge after purge after purge.
- This NEW purge will wipe out the DHARMA again. But this time, the purge will also wipe out the 815 survivors (who arent O6). This is the very bad stuff that Locke eludes to being Jack's fault.
- I modified my theory on the role that 815 plays in the purge. See the section below on hostiles.
The 815 Survivors are The HostilesEdit
Ok, I am totally convinced the survivors of 815 who were on the island at the time it got moved were all transported to the past. To DHARMA times. Now I completely think these people ARE the hostiles. Yes the same hostiles weve heard about since the start. In DHARMA times again when little Ben comes to the island they (815ers/hostiles) will be VERY interested in him and they will fulfill what we know will happen. They will aquire Ben and carry out the purge. Ben with the help of the 815 survivors will cause the next purge!
- Sort of debunked by now...
- I bet you that Widmore has been watching Penny die over and over and over, at the hands of Ben, for far to many loops for him to remember. This is why he hates Desmond. Each time it all starts over, Widmore tries harder and harder to ward Penny of Desmond. He fails every time, I'm thinking Mrs. Hawking here.Matt 14:32, 14 November 2008 (PST)
A Brief NoticeEdit
It is not what The Island can do for you, it is what you can do for The Island.