Several Lost cast members have had traffic-related violations in Hawaii, where Lost is filmed.
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr. Eko) on Sept. 2, 2006 was arrested for disobeying a police officer and driving without a license.
- On Dec. 1, 2005, Michelle Rodriguez (Ana Lucia) and Cynthia Watros (Libby) were arrested for suspicion of drunken driving.
- Harold Perrineau Jr. (Michael) was cited for having no car insurance during a traffic stop.
- Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) was arrested on October 25 2007 in the early morning for DUI. In September 2008 he was ordered to pay fines, be banned 6 months from driving, and to provide community service.
- In the past two years, the following actors have been cited for speeding:
"DUI Curse" theory
A popular meta-theory among fans is that an actor who is arrested for DUI will be punished by having his character killed off on the show. This theory was formulated after Libby and Ana Lucia were killed off in the same scene after actresses Cynthia Watros and Michelle Rodriguez were arrested together for driving under the influence. Similarly Eko was killed off after Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje received a moving violation, and Jin was apparently killed in the season four finale after Daniel Dae Kim was arrested for drunk driving. However, it should be pointed out that many characters on the show have been killed off without their actors receiving traffic violations and a number of actors have been arrested for traffic violations without any consequences to their character.
- Honolulu Star-Bulletin - September 5, 2006 - Article notes three actors who have been arrested, and six others who have been cited, for traffic violations.
- Honolulu Star-Bulletin - September 27, 2006 - charges against Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje dismissed
- AP Article on 2005 speeding citations
- Honolulu Advetiser - December 1, 2005, Lost actors arrested for DUI
- Honolulu Advertiser - December 3, 2005 - Two Lost actresses failed DUI tests
- Thesmokinggun - Mug shot
- Honolulu Advertiser - December 14, 2006 - Troubles on road could land 'Lost' star in prison
- E! Online - December 29, 2005 - "Lost Stars Arraigned for DUIs"
- Honolulu Advertiser - December 30, 2005 - Actress pleads not guilty, could serve jail time here
- Honolulu Advertiser - January 13, 2006 - Actress: 'I'm sorry' for DUI - Article on Watros
- Honolulu Advertiser - April 26, 2006 - "Lost Actress Opts for Jail Time"
- Honolulu Advertiser - April 28, 2006 - 'Lost' actress released from jail this morning
- E! Online - July 21, 2006 - More Jail Time for Michelle Rodriguez
- Honolulu Advertiser - October 25, 2007 - Daniel Dae Kim arrested for DUI
- BBC - September 13, 2008 - Six-month drive ban for Lost star (Daniel Dae Kim)