Day 10 - Friday, 1 October 2004
- Charlie asks Hurley for peanut butter.Charlie then entices Claire to the caves with imaginary peanut butter. Jack calms Shannon's asthma attack. Sayid wakes Sawyer up with a hit on the head and he and Jack drag him to the jungle for interrogation, but will only tell Kate.
- Kate and Sawyer kiss, and Sawyer tells her he doesn't have the asthma inhalers. In a fight, Sayid pierces Sawyer's arm with the knife Locke had given him. Jack saves Sawyer's life. Sayid gets Jack's medical supplies and Boone notices Sawyer's blood on him. Michael gets a plant for Sun to make a natural remedy for Shannon's asthma.
- As Sawyer recovers, Jack returns to the caves and Kate rereads Sawyer's letter and realizes he wrote it. Sun rubs eucalyptus on Shannon's chest. Ashamed of having tortured and almost killed Sawyer, Sayid leaves the beach camp to map the Island.
Day 12 - Sunday, 3 October 2004
- Two days after leaving the beach camp, while looking at Nadia's photo, Sayid finds and follows a cable. Jack refuses to tend to Sawyer's bandages. Kate worries about Sayid who is captured by Danielle Rousseau. Jack treats Sullivan's rash. Hurley wants something to do. Rousseau interrogates and tortures Sayid over the whereabouts of Alex.
- Ethan and Locke hunt wild rabbits. Walt wants to join them. Hurley finds golf clubs. Sayid explains himself.
- Ana Lucia hears a boar and prepares a boomerang spear. She reprimands Nathan for going into the jungle alone for 2 hours.
- (Night) the Others kidnap 9 people (including the children) from the tailies' camp. Ana Lucia kills one of the Others, who was carrying a U.S Army knife and a list of the nine who were taken. The tailies decide to relocate. Ana is suspicious of Nathan.
Day 13 - Monday, 4 October 2004
- The next morning, Rousseau looks through Sayid's stuff and finds Nadia's photo. Walt is bored, Hurley is working on something. Michael sketches a bamboo aquaduct.
- The First Island Open Golf Tournament is held, officiated by Hurley. Rousseau shows Sayid her music box and when he offers to fix it, she gives him a sedative shot. Jack and Michael play golf against Hurley and Charlie, but are interrupted by Sullivan. Rousseau explains her shipwreck and the Others. Boone, Shannon, and Kate hear about the golf course and go see it.
- Sayid escapes from Danielle and they hold each other at gun point, then offers to bring her with him. The survivors, including Sawyer bet on Jack's final putt. Locke teaches Walt to throw a knife. On his way back, Sayid hears whispers in the jungle.
Day 15 - Wednesday, 6 October 2004
- Claire has a nightmare involving Locke, and a crib full of blood. She wakes up in the morning thinking someone took her baby and has dug her nails into her palms. Jack checks she is alright while he bandages her. He travels to the beach to bring water and take fish back and talks to Kate. Charlie offers his ear if she needs him.
- After 3 days of walking, the 7 remaining Tailies make a camp in the jungle near a river.
- That night, Claire claims someone injected her with something while she was asleep. Charlie promises to stay with Claire through the night.
- Claire's attacker is revealed to be Ethan Rom through a flashback.
Day 16 - Thursday, 7 October 2004
- Hurley starts a census of information on the survivors. Jack claims Claire's experience was another nightmare. Charlie defends her. Ethan tells Hurley he's from Ontario. Claire moves back to the beach since Jack doesn't believe her. Boone suggests Hurley check the manifest held by Sawyer.
- Charlie meets up with Claire and she begins having contractions. Charlie sends Ethan after Jack, but he doesn't come. Charlie believes Richard Malkin knew Claire was going to land on the Island. When Claire feels better, Charlie convinces her to return to the caves. Sayid returns to the caves with news of Rousseau and the Others. Hurley announces that Ethan wasn't on the plane. Claire and Charlie are kidnapped by Ethan.
- Jack and Locke run after Claire and Charlie, discover they've been taken, and Jack follows their tracks. Locke, Kate, and Boone form a search party and follow. Michael forms another party ignoring Walt's advice to listen to Locke.
- At 4:25pm, Locke takes a break, Kate calls Jack out, Jack confesses his unbelief, Locke finds the trail again which splits. Sawyer listens to Walt's theory. Sayid tells Sawyer of Rousseau and the Others. Hurley loses another game of backgammon to Walt.
- Locke and Boone lose the trail, Jack and Kate hear a scream, Ethan tells Jack to stop following or he'll kill one of them. Jack and Kate find Charlie hanging and left for dead by Ethan, Jack revives him and brings him back to the caves.
- Boone and Locke discover the Hatch.
- Ethan starts "taking care of" Claire in the Staff, using drugs to convince her he is acting in the best interest of her and her unborn baby.
Day 17 - Friday, 8 October 2004
Day 17 to Day 26
- Ethan shows Claire the nursery while Tom criticizes him for not making a list.
- Claire crochets a bootie. Ethan sneaks Claire out of the Staff and asks if she is sure she wants to leave the baby with them.
Day 19 - Sunday, 10 October 2004
- Actor Christopher Reeve passes away.
- Ana Lucia imprisons Nathan in the Tiger pit, convinced he is one of the Others. The other tailies are suspicious as well. She interrogates him about the kidnapped children.
Day 21 - Tuesday, 12 October 2004
- Kate picks fruit and finds Sawyer following her. They find the waterfall, seats from the plane, and the Halliburton case. She says he can have it.
- The tides are coming further up the beach. The survivors living at the beach move their camp higher up the coast.Jack wants Sayid to take him to Rousseau to find out more about the Others. Boone calls Shannon useless while he claims to be looking for Claire, but is really working with Locke studying the Hatch.
- Kate takes the case from Sawyer while he sleeps, but he wakes up and keeps it from her.
Day 22 - Wednesday, 13 October 2004
- Sayid asks Shannon's help in translating Rousseau's papers. Sawyer tries to pick the lock on the Halliburton case and Michael and Hurley make fun of him for trying while they move up the beach. Boone brings Locke the axe, Rose gets Charlie to stop moping and start helping, Sawyer hits the case against a rock unsuccessfully while Kate steals it.
- Shannon helps Sayid translate Rousseau's maps and notes. Kate talks to Jack about opening the case. Rose comforts Charlie. Kate and Jack get the case's key from the buried Edward Mars. Shannon gives up on translating. Jack gets the case from Sawyer. Jack gives Kate the toy plane, which she says belongs to the man she loved and killed. but keeps the guns.
- At dusk, the beach camp is moved. Rose has faith that her husband is alive and prays for help for Charlie. Shannon figures out that the words on Rousseaus's map were lyrics to La Mer.
- Juliet attends Ben's dinner party, and they discuss Zach and Emma and Goodwin's time with the tail-section survivors. (NOTE: This date is confirmed in Issue 20 of the Official Lost Magazine)
Day 23 - Thursday, 14 October 2004
- Eko gives Nathan a banana. Ana Lucia continues interrogating him.
- (Night) Goodwin releases Nathan from the pit, then breaks his neck and hides the body.
Day 24 - Friday, 15 October 2004
- Sayid gives Shannon a pair of flip-flops as a gift for helping translate Rousseau's maps and notes. Boone looks on and Hurley questions him on his and Locke's boar hunting. Boone "suggests" Sayid stays away from Shannon, then follows Locke to the Hatch, their "priority," which they have been just staring at for two days while Locke mixes a bowl of unknown mixture. Hurley talks to Jack about his digestive problems and Jin's problem with him. Kate collects passion fruit seeds for Sun's garden.
- Hurley asks Jin's help in finding fish. Boone wants to tell Shannon about the Hatch, so Locke knocks him unconscious. Boone wakes up tied and Locke spreads his mixture on Boone's wound and leaves his with a knife almost out of his reach. Kate discovers Sun speaks English. Hurley steps on a sea urchin and wants Jin to pee on it. Locke finds Sayid working on the maps and gives him a compass. Boone hears Shannon yelling for him and the Monster in the distance which gives him the strength to loose himself. He rescues her and hides in a banyan tree. Sayid notices the compass does not work properly. Locke tells Jack the boar have migrated.
- Jin gives Hurley a painkiller, Charlie trusts Locke with his life, Jin gives Hurley a fish, the Monster catches Shannon. After seeing Shannon's body, Boone returns to the beach to kill Locke and sees her alive. Locke reveals he gave Boone a hallucinogenic experience which released him from his emotional dependence on Shannon.
- Nikki asks Arzt if he can draw a map of where her luggage might have landed. Paulo says he trusts Ethan more than Arzt. They find the drug smugglers' plane and the Pearl hatch. Paulo doesn't want to risk climbing to the plane, and Nikki doesn't want to waste time looking in the hatch.
Day 26 - Sunday, 17 October 2004
- Michael looks for Walt while Charlie looks for Claire's luggage and Hurley and Jack note he doesn't like being a father. Locke teaches Walt how to throw a knife for which Michael berates him, telling him to stay away from them.
- The Tailies 3-day hike leads them back to the ocean.
- While Walt is asleep, Michael talks to Sun about relating to his son.
Day 27 - Monday, 18 October 2004
- The next morning, Sayid, Jack, and Shannon look over Rousseau's maps and notes, Michael discusses building a raft and tells Walt to help. Charlie looks for Claire's diary and retrieves it from Sawyer. Michael begins construction of the first raft, Shannon confronts Boone again, Walt talks to Locke, Michael threatens Locke, and Walt disowns his father.
- Walt runs away with Vincent. Locke helps Michael find him. Charlie and Kate return Claire's bags to the caves and Charlie struggles not to read the diary. Vincent chases something in the woods and Walt follows. Locke and Michael find Walt facing a polar bear and lift him out of his banyan cage.
- The Others prepare to perform surgery on Claire. Alex drugs Claire to take her from the Staff. Rousseau finds her in the jungle, knocks her out, and brings her near the caves.
- The Tailies discover the Arrow Station. Inside they find a Bible, a glass eye, and a radio. Goodwin suggests taking the radio to higher ground. Ana Lucia confronts Goodwin. He claims the kidnapped children are better off and admits to killing Nathan. He states that the kidnapped people on the list are good people, the rest are bad people. They fight and Ana impales Goodwin.
- That night, Michael gives Walt his letters. Charlie reads Claire's diary and tells Sayid and Jack about the Black Rock dream. Locke and Boone look for Vincent and find Claire who collapses.
- Locke carries an unconscious Claire back to the caves. When Jack revives her, they discover she has amnesia. Charlie tries to help her remember.
Day 28 - Tuesday, 19 October 2004
- The next morning, Jack, Sayid, Locke, and Charlie discuss how Claire could have escaped. After knocking Jin unconscious, Ethan tells Charlie that he wants Claire back, threatening to kill one survivor everyday until he gets his wish. Jack and Locke discuss how to defend themselves, Sun tends to Jin, Charlie keeps Claire at ease.
- Kate suggests using the guns from the Halliburton case. Locke, Sayid and Boone set up a defensive perimeter and take guard shifts during the night.
Day 29 - Wednesday, 20 October 2004
- Scott is found murdered on the beach.
- Claire finds out from Shannon that Charlie lied to her.
- Jack shows Locke the guns.
- Jack, Sayid, Locke, Sawyer, and Kate take the guns and use Claire to lure Ethan into an ambush and capture him. Charlie shoots him six times, killing him.
- Charlie explains himself to Jack. Claire tells Charlie she trusts him.
- Sawyer hunts a boar that runs off with his tarp. He hears whispers in the jungle repeating Duckett's last words.
Day 30 - Thursday, 21 October 2004
- Sawyer asks Sayid about the whispers he heard, while cleaning up the remains of his shelter. Kate tells Jack she can get Sawyer's gun back, but Jack doesn't want her owing him anything. Claire asks Charlie for a walk, but he turns her down. When Sawyer finds his tarp, he hears Duckett's whispers again then is chased and hit by the boar. So he plans to shoot it.
- Charlie and Hurley bury Ethan. Hurley thinks he may have post-traumatic stress and asks Sayid to talk to him. Kate offers to help Sawyer track down his boar in exchange for access to his stash.
- At night, Kate and Sawyer play "I never". Sawyer has another dream about his parents with the boar speaking Duckett's line.
Day 31 - Friday, 22 October 2004
- The survivors have been on the Island for one month.
- Sawyer and Kate wake up to find the boar has ransacked Sawyer's stuff. Locke tells them the story of his golden receiver. Sayid tells Charlie to stop pretending to be alone. Sawyer grabs a piglet and Kate leaves him, he finally finds the boar but lets it live.
- Claire watches Michael build the raft and Walt play with Vincent, Charlie takes up her offer of the walk. Sawyer returns the gun to Jack two days after the ambush, and realizes that he met Jack's father in a Sydney bar.
Day 32 - Saturday, 23 October 2004
- Sun buries her US Driver's License and is interrupted by Michael. The two nearly share a kiss (NOTE: This date is unconfirmed, but has been speculated because the clothes worn by the characters match those worn as told by the time-line)
- Jin yells at Sun for wearing a bikini, Michael tries to break it up and receives a slap from Sun. Jin asks if there is something between them.
- Sun apologizes to Michael saying she was protecting him. Hurley unsuccessfully tries to befriend Jin. Sayid and Shannon flirt as they work on the raft, Michael tells Walt about New York, Jack discovers Sawyer bought himself a spot on the raft.
- Sun tells Kate about Jin. Walt sets fire to the raft, Michael accuses Jin. Sun sees Jin's burnt hands. Boone warns Sayid about Shannon.
Day 33 - Sunday, 24 October 2004
- While hiding inland, Jin is attacked by Sawyer for allegedly burning the raft. Sayid suggests Shannon stop seeking his help, which she realizes came from Boone. Looking for him, she finds Locke who tells her to leave Boone out of it. As Michael is beating Jin, Sun defends him in English. Locke blames the Others for burning the raft. Michael and Walt plan to build another raft. Jin leaves Sun and moves to the beach camp.
- Arzt, Shannon and Kate argue about the guns from the Marshal's case. Nikki asks where she found the case. Paulo dives into the lake by the waterfall and retrieves the diamonds, but doesn't tell Nikki.
- Shannon tells Sayid she's ready to start a new life. Locke tells Walt he knows the latter burned the raft, Walt says he likes the Island as does Locke.
Day 34 - Monday, 25 October 2004
- Jin helps start building a new raft, Sayid and Shannon hang out, Sun feels freedom and swims in her bikini, Charlie cares for Claire, Hurley's CD player batteries die.
Day 35 - Tuesday, 26 October 2004
- Michael suggests bringing a radio on the raft, but they would have no power, Hurley suggests using Rousseau's batteries, but Sayid refuses to help. Hurley discovers the Numbers on Rousseau's maps and notes. At night, he steals these notes from Sayid.
Day 36 - Wednesday, 27 October 2004
- Claire turns 22.
- Hurley packs lots of water for his trip while Charlie wonders what he's doing. Locke asks Claire to help him with a project. A couple hours after Hurley left, Jack and Sayid discover he went to find Rousseau, so they follow.
- Hurley finds the cable and starts following it. Sawyer, Michael, and Jin argue over the raft. Hurley steps on a trap as Sayid, Jack, and Charlie find him. Claire is glad to have something to do, but still can't remember much.
- Jack hits a trip wire setting off an explosion of Rousseau's camp. Rousseau shoots at Hurley and Charlie, Hurley asks her about the Numbers and convinces her they're cursed. Hurley returns with a battery for the raft.
- Locke makes Claire a cradle for the baby. Charlie tells Hurley he's a heroin-addict, Hurley tells to Charlie's disbelief, he's worth $156 million.
Day 39 - Saturday, 30 October 2004
- Locke and Boone try to break the Hatch window with a crude trebuchet after about two weeks. Locke starts to lose feeling in his legs.
Day 40 - Sunday, 31 October 2004
- Locke claims the Island will tell them what to do. Sawyer asks Sun about a natural remedy, Kate discovers he has headaches, Jack won't help him yet. Locke dreams about a Beechcraft, his mother and a seriously injured Boone.