Day 71 - Wednesday, 1 December 2004
- Benjamin Linus wakes James "Sawyer" Ford before sunrise for a walk. He reveals the pacemaker deception, shows him that they are on a small island from which escape is impossible, and continues his mind games with the 815 survivor.
- Sayid Jarrah, Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, and Charlie Pace watch over the recovering Eko Tunde before leaving him in his tent. He has a vision of Yemi Tunde, his brother, telling him he has to be judged. Immediately after the vision, Eko's tent catches fire through unknown means, and Charlie pulls him to safety before he disappears, having set off toward the beechcraft - his brother's resting place.
- Jack Shephard guesses Ben has a spinal tumor from the x-rays he saw. He is brought to attend Colleen Picket's funeral, where Ben asks Juliet Burke how Jack knew of his ailment.
Day 72 - Thursday, 2 December 2004
- Desmond Hume believes they can contact the Others from another station's computer, and Charlie Pace notes that Eko Tunde was mumbling about his brother, whose resting place is located above the Pearl Station. Eko has visions in the jungle of Emeka, his thugs, and Daniel. Realizing where Eko's going, John Locke leads Sayid Jarrah, Desmond, Paulo and Nikki Fernandez to the Pearl. At a river, the Monster hovers over Eko, but disappears when Locke's groups shows. Benjamin Linus divulges to Jack Shephard his intent to manipulate the surgeon into removing the tumor on his spine.
- Eko holds Locke at knife's edge when he mentions Yemi Tunde's name. Eko and Locke roll a stone away from the beechcraft's entrance to find Yemi's corpse is missing. Leaving Eko above, the group enters the Pearl Station.
- Paulo retrieves the diamonds from the Pearl's toilet.
- Sayid is initially unable to connect the Pearl's computers another station until Nikki, re-watching the Pearl Orientation video, realizes the other screens are for viewing other stations. Sayid activates one of the screens and they glimpse Mikhail Bakunin inside the Flame before the feed is shut off. Jack refuses to remove the tumor on Ben's spine. Later, Juliet Burke surreptitiously asks Jack to kill Ben during surgery. Eko sees an incarnation of Yemi and follows him into the jungle, giving no confession for his crimes, before the vision remarks that he is not Eko's brother. Moments later, Eko is killed by the Monster. The Pearl group, rushing above ground, surround his body, and Locke reports Eko's dying words as, "You're next."
- Kate Austen is awoken by a depressed James "Sawyer" Ford. Examining the x-ray, Jack tells Ben it is almost too late for surgery and still refuses to do it. Danny Pickett releases Kate for work, but initially leaves Sawyer until Kate refuses to work alone. Sayid asks Locke about the Monster that killed Eko. Breaking onto the work site, Alexandra Linus warns Kate that the Others will kill Sawyer. Juliet hoods Kate and takes her to Jack to tell him to do the surgery or else Sawyer will be killed. During Eko's funeral, Locke becomes fixated by an inscription on Eko's stick: "Lift Up Your Eyes And Look North - John 3:05".
- Kate tells Sawyer of Ben's plan and begins to attempt escape before Sawyer tells her they are on a smaller island. Angry at Sawyer but in love with him, Kate and him have sex for the first time - afterwards, he tells her he loves her. Jack's cell door is mysteriously left open, and he sees Sawyer and Kate on a Hydra monitor lying together. Immediately, he agrees to operate on Ben on the condition that he can leave the Island.
Day 73 - Friday, 3 December 2004
- In the morning, Charlie and Hurley rummage through Sawyer's stash. Desmond brings them to Sayid and Locke who tells them of Eko's fate. Desmond suddenly leaves to save Claire from drowning.
- Jack and Juliet prepare for Ben's surgery. Pickett tells Jason that "Shephard wasn't even on Jacob's list" as they leave the OR to kill Sawyer. Jack cuts Ben's kidney sac, threatening to let Ben die unless the Others release Kate and Sawyer. He takes Tom's walkie and orders Kate to run.
- Kate and Sawyer flee the Hydra and lock Pickett and Jason in the cage. Juliet tells Ivan to find Pickett and get them back despite Jack. Jack tells Tom that Juliet told him to kill Ben. The 3 others fire at Kate and Sawyer and Alex helps them evade capture. Ben overhears Jack and asks for Juliet. Alex offers the escapees a boat if they free Karl from Room 23.
- Ben tells Juliet he will let her go home if she helps Kate and Sawyer escape. Juliet tells Jack to finish the surgery and leaves to help. Juliet sees Alex leading them to the facility. They trick Aldo, the guard and force him to tell them where Karl is and release him. Trying to fix up Ben, Jack nicks an artery. When Pickett is about to shoot Sawyer, Juliet kills him. While Kate tells him the count to five story, Jack completes the surgery on Ben and tells Kate not to come back for him. Kate, Sawyer and Karl leave Hydra Island. Juliet tells Jack what Ben said.
- Kate begs Sawyer to turn around to get Jack, but Sawyer refuses. Tom moves Jack to the cages while Juliet is put in the aquarium. Kate and Sawyer make camp on the Island but continue to argue. Karl tells Sawyer and Kate that the people they kidnapped are being given a better life than the other survivors, and reminisces about his developed home.
- That evening, Charlie and Hurley try to find out how Desmond can see the future. They offer him MacCutcheon whisky and after he is drunk, ask him how he knew Claire was drowning and about the lightning. Desmond pins Charlie telling him he doesn't want to know what happened to him, but eventually tells that he has been foreseeing Charlie's death, but cannot prevent it indefinitely.
- Juliet asks Jack to help Ben again as a personal favor. Isabel notes Jack's tattoo and questions him. He denies being asked to kill Ben, but Isabel knows he's lying for Juliet.
Day 74 - Saturday, 4 December 2004
- Jack wakes up in the Hydra cages surrounded by people, including Cindy, Emma and Zack. Cindy informs him that they're "here to watch". Kate and Sawyer wake up to find Karl off in the jungle crying. Sawyer tells him to cowboy up and that Alex is worth the trouble. Alex tells Jack that Juliet will be executed for killing Pickett. Jack offers medical care for Ben's infection in return for commuting Juliet's sentence. Alex and Jack deliver Ben's note to Tom and Isabel which says Juliet is to be 'marked' instead. Jack tells Juliet he helped her to let her go home. Kate and Sawyer begin to walk back to their camp. Jack is taken back to the Barracks with the Others.
Day 75 to Day 80
- Jack and Ben are playing chess at the Barracks. Ben remarks that if Jack leaves the Island, one day he may want to come back.
- The false Flight 815 wreckage is discovered by the ship Christiane I in the Sunda Trench between Day 74 and Day 78.
- Tom travels from the Island to New York after day 74, spends several days in a hotel and then returns to the Island before Day 80.
- Michael pawns Jin's watch and buys a gun. He encounters Tom in an alley in New York who attempts to recruit him.
- Michael attempts suicide with the gun and is prevented from doing so by the Island. He then sees the news report of the Oceanic discovery. He meets Tom at a hotel and is recruited into working for the Others as Kevin Johnson undercover on the freighter.
- Daniel Faraday watches the news report in Essex, Massachusetts, weeping. He tells his caretaker he does not know why he is weeping.
- Charles Widmore visits Daniel and proposes to send him to the Island. Eloise Hawking tries to convince him to go.
- Miles Straume hears of the Oceanic discovery on the radio before going to Mrs. Gardner in Inglewood, California where he talks to her deceased grandson.
- Charlotte Lewis examines a polar bear skeleton in Tunisia where she also reads in the newspaper about the discovery.
- Frank Lapidus watches the news report in Eleuthera, Bahamas. He calls the Oceanic hotline to tell them he knows Seth Norris was not in that wreckage being shown on the news.
- Naomi meets with Matthew Abaddon, who tells her that her team will consist of Daniel Faraday, Miles Straume, Charlotte Lewis, and Frank Lapidus.
- Miles goes to Howard Gray to speak to his deceased son, Russell Gray. Upon leaving, Naomi stops him saying her employer is interested in retaining his unique services.
- Naomi takes Miles to a restaurant where Miles finds out the deceased Felix was delivering photos of the empty Thai cemetary where the bodies were dug up and a purchase order for an old airplane. Naomi says her employer will pay $1.6 million for Miles to come to the Island to track down the man he is looking for.
- Bram picks up Miles in a van the week before he leaves on the Kahana. He tries to stop him from working for Widmore, asks him "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" When Miles cannot answer the question, Bram says he is not ready, but if he were to go with them, he would find out about himself and his father.
- Miles returns Howard Gray's money confessing he lied about contacting his son, telling him he should have told his son he loved him when he was still alive.
- Michael travels to Fiji and joins on the freighter as a deckhand. He communicates a final time with Tom in New York.
- Anthony Cooper is involved in an auto accident during the course of which he is kidnapped and brought to the Island. This happens after the discovery of the 815 wreckage in the Sunda Trench.
Day 76 - Monday, 6 December 2004
- Hurley visits Libby's grave. Charlie tells Hurley about Desmond's visions and Hurley blames his curse. They are interrupted by Vincent carrying Roger Linus' arm. He leads Hurley to the DHARMA van. Hurley asks for help starting it for fun, but the other survivors refuse, except Jin. While returning to the beach camp, Sawyer steps on a dart and Kate pulls it out and offers reconciliation which is not accepted. Upon arriving at camp they receive a great welcome.
- Hurley and Jin pull most of Roger out of the van and flip it over. Sawyer discovers his stash is gone and goes after Hurley. Kate tells Sayid and Locke about what happened then leaves to get help from Rousseau. Hurley tries to start the van in vain, Jin works on the engine, Sawyer drinks the beer. Hurley prays for help and enlists Charlie to help push the van down a hill. Convincing himself there is no curse, Hurley successfully starts the van as the four take a joy ride.
- That night, Locke and Sayid follow Kate who asks Rousseau for help to free Jack telling her she saw Alex.
Day 77 - Tuesday, 7 December 2004
- (off-camera) Kate, Locke, Sayid, and Rousseau journey toward the Flame (day one of their two-day walk).
Day 77 to Day 81
- Michael attempts to destroy the freighter with a bomb provided by Ben. Libby appears to Michael and tells him not to do it. Michael activates the bomb but nothing happens.
- Pretending to be Walt, Ben calls Michael from the Barracks. He instructs Michael to gather the identities of every person on the freighter which he will then provided to Ben in a subsequent radio communication. Ben also instructs Michael to sabotage the freighter's engines and radio equipment at the appropriate time.
Day 78 - Wednesday, 8 December 2004
- (off-camera) Kate, Locke, Sayid, and Rousseau journey toward the Flame (day two of their two-day walk).
- Sawyer observes Hurley and other survivors setting up the ping-pong table and Paulo using one of his magazines. He offers to give them a ball in exchange for a chance to win his stash back from the other survivors in a ping-pong tournament. He loses to Hurley, and as penalty for his loss, he is to use "no nicknames for a week", as outlined by Sun. Hurley returns some of Sawyer's magazines, and holds him to using no nicknames.
- Charlie's birthday
Day 79 - Thursday, 9 December 2004
- Sayid comments that he, Kate, Locke, and Rousseau have been following the 305 bearing for two days. He hears a cow bell and follows it to the Flame, discovers the station is isolated, and plans to ask the man he saw who he is. Mikhail shoots Sayid, then treats his wound and tells about the Hostiles. Locke plays a game of chess on Mikhail's computer. Sayid suspects he is not DHARMA Initiative and he is not alone. They capture Mikhail find a trap door where they find C-4. Locke beats the chess game which initializes a manual override. Mikhail wakes up and holds a knife to Locke. Bea Klugh appears in the basement and attacks Kate. Sayid holds Bea at gunpoint while Mikhail has Locke. Bea orders Bakunin to kill her. Sayid discovers a DHARMA cabling map of the DHARMA Initiative stations and the location of the Barracks where he guesses Jack is being held.
- Locke takes a piece of the C-4 explosive wired up inside the basement.
- Locke enters 7-7 in the computer, and just after they leave, the Flame blows up.
Day 80 - Friday, 10 December 2004
- Charlie gives Claire breakfast in bed followed by a picnic. Sayid, Locke, Kate, Rousseau, and Mikhail continue to follow the DHARMA cabling map. Desmond stongly encourages Charlie to leave the picnic, while Claire gets an idea for rescue and asks for Jin's help. Mikhail tells Kate, Sayid, and Locke why they are not on the list, hints at his knowledge that Locke was paralysed, and tells them the underwater beacon stopped emitting its locator signal two weeks previously by the electromagnetic pulse.
- Claire, Jin, and Sun set up a trap for the gulls, but Desmond's gunshots scare the birds away. Locke pushes Mikhail through the sonar fence, apparently killing him. Sayid finds the C-4 explosive in Locke's bag. Claire yells at Charlie claiming he is lying. The travellers cut down a tree to use to climb over the fence. Desmond catches a gull and Claire learns about Desmond foreseeing Charlie's death.
- Late in the afternoon, Claire and Charlie attach a message to the tag of the gull stating they are survivors of Flight 815 and they have been on the Island for 80 days. Sayid, Locke, Kate, and Rousseau reach the Barracks, where they see Jack living with the Others, playing football with Tom.
- Rousseau leaves the group, and they also see Jack and Juliet conversing with Ben. At night, Kate and Sayid sneak into the Barracks to contact Jack, but are captured and taken to Tom's. Locke sneaks into Ben's house asking for the submarine. When Tom and Richard arrive, Locke takes Alex and hides in the closet. Ben asks Richard for the man from Tallahassee. Locke sends Alex to get his bag.
- In the Recreation Room, Jack tells Kate he made a deal to leave the Island first thing the next morning, and promised to come back for her. Ben asks Locke about his recovery from paralysis; Locke guesses Ben is wondering why he isn't recovering from surgery, and Ben guesses Locke doesn't want to leave in case the paralysis returns. Alex retreives Sayid's pack from Ryan. Ben tells Locke about a "magic box" on the Island, which contains whatever a person desires. Ben confirms they have been on the Island 80 days while he claims to have been there his entire life. Yet John claims to know the Island better. Ben tells Locke about the deal made with Jack to leave the island on the submarine in less than an hour.
Day 81 - Saturday, 11 December 2004
"The Man from Tallahassee" (before dawn)
- Alex takes Locke to the submarine, Rousseau sees Alex, and Locke boards the sub with the C-4. Jack asks Ben to let his friends go after he leaves. Juliet thanks Ben for keeping his promise. Locke is captured by the Others and the submarine blows up before Jack and Juliet can board it to leave the Island. Locke is cuffed to a pipe in a closet, but later released by Ben and Richard. Ben tells Locke that destroying the sub helped him, and that Locke is important because of his communion with the Island. They show Locke what came out of the "magic box": Anthony Cooper.
"The Brig" (before dawn)
- Cooper bites Lockes hand, and Tom tazers him. Ben invites Locke to the Ruins with the Others and suggests he say good-bye to Kate a few buildings over.
"Left Behind" (before dawn)
- Juliet brings Kate a sandwich in the rec room. Kate strikes out at her with a pool stick as she walks through the door, but Juliet throws her to the ground.
"One of Us" (before dawn)
- Ben plans for Juliet to infiltrate the crash survivors. An implant in Claire will produce symptoms in 48 hours to allow Juliet to gain their trust. Pryce plants Juliet's medical supplies at Ethan's drop point. He says he will see her in a week as he hands her a gas mask.
- At sunrise, Paulo meets Nikki on the beach and says he is glad they never found the diamonds since it might have torn them apart, then leaves to get breakfast. Nikki begs Sawyer for a gun which he refuses due to her anger. Nikki uses one of Arzt's medusa spiders to paralyse Paulo and take the diamonds he kept secret in fear of losing her. Then she is paralysed by spiders whose appearance is accompanied by the sound of the Monster. Nikki runs through the jungle, buries the diamonds, and staggers toward camp. Hurley is beating Sawyer at ping-pong when Nikki stumbles out, collapses, and tries to tell them she is "paralysed."
- Thinking Nikki said "Paulo lies," Hurley suggests looking for Paulo who Jin finds also paralyzed. Jin suspects the Monster. Charlie examines Arzt's bug collection Nikki and Paulo kept. Sawyer finds a walkie in their luggage and suggests they were working with the Others. Hurley reminds them that the Others are at the other side of the Island, but Sun thinks they attacked her before. Desmond says he saw Nikki arguing with Sawyer that morning. Vincent uncovers the unconcious pair. Sun still thinks it was the Others until Charlie tells her he attacked her as part of Sawyer's con. Sawyer says he had nothing to do with the murder and gives Sun the diamonds he dug up.
- Late afternoon, Sawyer digs the graves and Sun confronts him and returns the diamonds which he buries with them. Nikki awakes from her paralysis just as they are buried alive.
- Locke comes to say goodbye to Kate, informing her he is leaving with the Others. Hurley informs Sawyer of the vote for banishment the next day. Sawyer has not been using nicknames for 3 days, 13 hours, and 45 minutes. Kate sees the Others putting on gas masks and a gas cannister is thrown into her room. The Others also gas Jack, Juliet and Sayid, and leave the Barracks. After trying to catch and gut a fish by himself, Sawyer gives in to making amends. Kate wakes up in the jungle handcuffed to Juliet.
- At night, they make their way to the Barracks. In the rain, Kate and Juliet fight, and Kate dislocates Juliet's shoulder. They encounter the Monster and are 'scanned'. Sawyer talks to Claire and Aaron and give them a blanket. Juliet tells Kate why Jack told her not to come back.
Day 82 - Sunday, 12 December 2004
- Sawyer goes boar hunting with Desmond, who questions Sawyer's motives. Juliet tells Kate what she knows about Jack. Juliet appears to breaks her cover story in order unlock the cuffs and repel the Monster at the sonar fence. At the feast he has prepared, Sawyer finds out about Hurley's con to make him their leader. Hurley tells him leadership isn't usually something everybody wants. Upon reaching the Barracks, Juliet gets Sayid, Kate gets Jack and apologizes for coming back and preventing his leaving. Jack, Kate, Sayid and Juliet leave the barracks.
- When the four of them make camp for the night, Kate asks Jack what he did the past week and Sayid starts to question Juliet about the Others and herself. Jack tells Sayid to leave her alone, saying she is under his protection.
Day 83 - Monday, 13 December 2004
- Claire, feeling "off," sleeps through Aaron crying. Juliet admits her nervousness in coming to the beach camp. Charlie and Hurley make oatmeal, Sawyer goes for aspirin when Claire gets up complaining of a headache. Jack, Kate, and Sayid return to the beach with Juliet. Hurley is sent to watch Juliet, and tells her of Ethan's fate.
- The survivors are wary of having Juliet with them, wanting to know where the Others are. Jack defends himself and Juliet. Claire becomes dangerously ill from the implant. Juliet tells Jack and Kate about pregnant women dying on the Island and of the vaccine. Jack and Kate agree to let Juliet get her supplies to save Claire's life.
- Sayid and Sawyer confront Juliet. They back down when Juliet mentions their past behaviour. Juliet injects Claire and she recovers. The crash survivors allow Juliet to live among them.
- Desmond has flashes of himself, Hurley, Charlie and Jin looking for a parachutist. Paradoxically, the flashes show Charlie both dying during the search, and helping rescue the parachutist. Desmond asks Hurley about the cable and get a first aid kit from Jack. Sawyer walks into Kate's tent while she is getting dressed, and tries to initiate sex ("afternoon delight"). She walks out of the tent past him, causing him to ask in frustration if he has to make her a mix tape. Hurley recruits Jin, Desmond convinces Charlie, and they set off on a "camping" trip.
- Upon reaching the cable, they set up camp. Kate talks with Jack, and gets jealous when he leaves to eat with Juliet. She jumps Sawyer in his tent and they have sex.
Day 85 - Wednesday, 15 December 2004
- Two hours before dawn, Jin and Hurley tell ghost stories around a camp fire. Desmond tells Charlie he hopes Penny has been looking for him. They hear a helicopter crash into the ocean and see a parachutist descend into the jungle. Charlie makes them wait at the cable until daylight, then they set off into the jungle.
- Jack and Sawyer play ping pong and Sawyer realizes that Kate had sex with him because she felt snubbed by Jack. Desmond's group find a backpack containing a satellite phone and a book, Ardil-22 (Catch-22 in Portuguese). Inside the book is a copy of Desmond's photograph. Sawyer brings Kate a mix tape. Desmond is convinced the parachutist is Penny. Desmond saves Charlie from Rousseau's trap, just as he saw in his vision. The group rescue the parachutist (Naomi) from a tree; she recognizes Desmond.
- Still morning, Jack finds Sun in the garden and asks after Jin. Sun says he has gone camping, and Jack asks probing questions about her pregnancy, which worries her. Naomi, badly injured, says she is dying in Spanish. Hurley accidentally shoots a flare gun. Sun's comments to Kate prompt her to reveal how Juliet told her and Jack why the Others wanted Aaron for research. Sun confronts Juliet and learns pregnant women die on the Island.
- Mikhail stumbles upon the five in the jungle, and is captured by Jin. Mikhail interprets Naomi's Italian and Portuguese cries for help. Mikhail buys his freedom by operating on Naomi's punctured lung. That evening, Sun pensively looks over the ocean and at Claire and Aaron.
- At night, Juliet takes Sun to the Staff for an ultrasound scan. Mikhail operates on Naomi, ventilating her lung. He translates her Portuguese as "Thank you for helping me," but she says she is not alone. Sun tells Juliet of her affiar, Juliet takes Sun into a secret room in the Staff. Mikail says Naomi will heal in a day or so and is then allowed to leave. He attempts to steal Naomi's satellite phone, and is stopped by Jin. Sun's ultrasound shows that she became pregnant on the Island, meaning Jin is the father, but Sun will die if she doesn't get off the Island. (NOTE: Juliet mentions the crash occurred 90 days ago, however she was probably estimating the timeframe).
Day 86 - Thursday, 16 December 2004
- At dawn, Juliet and Sun leave the Staff. Juliet secretly records a message for Ben about Sun's pregnancy and collecting samples from the other women. Her true sympathies toward Ben are revealed when she says to herself, "I hate you." (Juliet says it's 6 A.M. on Saturday morning, however Thursday fits better)
- Desmond, Charlie, and Jin make a stretcher to carry Naomi back to camp. Naomi tells Hurley that Flight 815 had been found with no survivors.
- The Others camp at the Ruins, Locke helps Cindy with her tent. Tom sends Locke to Ben. Ben listens to the tape that Juliet made regarding Sun. Ben lets Locke know about the kidnap plan and credits him with his recovery. Ben tells Locke that the Island's secrets can only be revealed after Locke has made an "Act of commitment" by killing Anthony Cooper. That night, Ben wakes Locke to kill Cooper. When Locke is unable to do it, Ben announces that Locke is not the person The Others thought he was.
Day 87 - Friday, 17 December 2004
- Locke unwraps his banadaged hand. Richard Alpert tells Locke that Cooper was Ben's set up to make Locke fail in front of the Others and that fertility problems are a distraction from what the Others' main concerns should be. He gives Locke a file on Sawyer and suggests Sawyer could kill Cooper.
Day 88 - Saturday, 18 December 2004
- Ben records his reply to Juliet. At some point, Locke steals the tape and the recorder.
- The Others break camp, leaving Locke and Cooper at the ruins. Ben tells Locke not to follow unless he is carrying Cooper's corpse.
- At night, Locke reads over and burns Sawyer's file at the the Black Rock, while Cooper is tied up in the brig.
Day 89 - Sunday, 19 December 2004
- Early in the morning, the rescue team arrives back at camp.
- Shortly before dawn, Kate rises from Sawyer's bed to go back to her own tent. Sawyer goes out to pee, and encounters a suspicious Hurley and Jin keeping watch over Naomi. Locke catches Sawyer's attention, and takes him to kill Cooper, pretending to have captured Ben.
- Jack expresses his interest to Charlie in joining their next camping trip. Desmond questions if they can trust Jack with knowledge of Naomi. Sawyer asks Locke about the file the Others have on him and Locke tells him of his parents' murder-suicide. Hurley obtains Sayid's help with Naomi instead. Naomi tells Sayid of the discovery of Oceanic 815 at the bottom of the ocean off the coast of Bali with all the passengers' corpses on board. She came to the Island as part of Penelope Widmore's search for Desmond thinking "it was a fool's errand 'til three days ago" when she saw land.
- Locke and Sawyer arrive at the Black Rock and Sawyer learns that Locke's actual prisoner is Anthony Cooper. Kate discovers Sayid and Hurley looking at the satellite phone. Danielle comes to the Black Rock to fetch dynamite. Sawyer discovers Cooper went by the name "Tom Sawyer", makes him read his letter and kills him. Kate tells Jack and Juliet about Naomi. Locke tells Sawyer about Ben and Juliet's kidnapping plan, gives Ben's recording to Sawyer, and carried Cooper's body back to the Others.
- Ben's birthday.
- Locke brings Cooper's corpse to the Others' camp. Ben tells Locke about Jacob, and Locke calls him out on his story. Sawyer shows Sayid Juliet and Ben's recordings. Mikhail tells Ben about Naomi. Ben wants to deal with Naomi straightaway, but Locke insists on meeting Jacob first and beats Mikhail. When none of the Others support Ben, he agrees to take Locke to Jacob. Alex brings Locke a gun. Sawyer and Sayid look for Juliet who has left with Jack to see Naomi. Sawyer shows Kate the tape. Ben expresses his fear of Jacob.
- That night, Locke visits Jacob's cabin with Ben. Sayid tells the survivors about Naomi and Sawyer reveals the Others kidnap plan, but Jack announces Juliet's defection. Ben speaks to an empty chair pretending Jacob to be there, but Locke does not fall for it. An unknown Mysterious Figure calls to Locke, "help me."
Day 90 - Monday, 20 December 2004
- The next morning, Locke gets annoyed with Ben's lies. Ben takes Locke to the mass grave containing the corpses of former DHARMA Initiative members. Ben shoots Locke and leaves him for dead in the grave.
- Jack arranges to ambush the Others with dynamite retrieved by Danielle from the Black Rock. ("The Brig")
- Juliet reveals that The Looking Glass station is jamming radio communications. Charlie and Desmond volunteer to shut it down. Jack tells them, at first, to concentrate on stopping the Others. When Sayid resists, Jack replies they've looked to him to make decisions for 90 days, so he made one.
- Ben advances the raid on the survivors' camp, claiming that Jacob changed the plan. Alex sends Karl to warn the Losties.
- Jack evacuates the survivors to the radio tower before The Others attack. Sayid, Bernard and Jin stay behind to carry out the ambush.
- Jack relents on his previous decision and Charlie swims down to the Looking Glass, where he is captured by Greta and Bonnie.
- Ben discovers Juliet's defection when Bonnie tells him about Charlie. Ben is unable to warn The Others at the beach camp. Ben sends Mikhail to The Looking Glass to deal with Charlie.
- Ten Others raid the beach camp at night. Sayid and Bernard detonate their dynamite but Jin fails. Seven Others are killed before Sayid, Bernard and Jin are taken prisoner by Ryan, Tom and Jason.
Day 91 - Tuesday, 21 December 2004
- Ben and Alex intercept the survivors before they reach the radio tower. Ben tries to persuade Jack that Naomi is one of the 'bad guys', and if she contacts her ship “Every living person on the Island will die”. Ben introduces Alex to her mother - Rousseau.
- Desmond swims down to the Looking Glass and hides. Mikhail swims down, kills Greta and wounds Bonnie. Desmond harpoons Mikhail.
- Sawyer, Juliet and Hurley rescue Sayid, Bernard and Jin, killing Tom, Ryan and Jason.
- A taller Walt appears to Locke at the DHARMA grave.
- Jack tells Kate that he loves her.
- Charlie disables the Looking Glass jamming equipment and receives a video-call from Penny. Mikhail detonates a grenade outside the station window. Charlie warns Desmond, "Not Penny's Boat", then drowns.
- Rousseau switches off her distress signal. Locke throws a knife into Naomi's back to prevent her contacting her ship. After a confrontation with Locke, Jack contacts Naomi's ship and speaks to Minkowski, who says they will be on the island shortly.
- Kate convinces Naomi that Locke was acting alone. Naomi reconfigures the sat phone so they can be located, then dies.
- Hurley sees Jacob's cabin with Christian Shephard in the rocking chair.
- Jack tries to execute Locke, but the gun isn't loaded.
- The survivors part ways. Heeding Charlie’s warning, Hurley, Claire, Sawyer, Rousseau, Ben, Alex, Karl, Doug, Jerome, and two unnamed women decide to follow Locke to the barracks. The rest decide to contact Naomi’s freighter.
- Daniel, Frank, Miles and Charlotte fly over the Island during a storm. Daniel bails out and meets Jack and Kate.
- Jack and Kate agree to help Faraday find the other three members of his team. Daniel speaks to Minkowski privately.
Day 92 - Wednesday, 22 December 2004
- Jack's group finds Miles and Frank on the Island. After being shown Naomi's body, Miles decides that Jack and Kate are telling the truth about her death.
- Locke's group finds Charlotte. Locke decides to take her hostage. Locke and Ben realise that Hurley has seen Jacob's cabin.
- After Frank realizes that Juliet is "a native," Miles demands that she tell him where Ben is, revealing that he is their "primary objective" on the island.
- Ben attempts to kill Charlotte and reveals that he knows all about the people on the freighter, because he has a spy on their ship.
- Sayid, Kate, and Miles go in search of Locke's group. Frank tells Sayid that if he brings back Charlotte, he will take them to the freighter.
- Locke cannot find Jacob's cabin in the location it previously appeared in. His group moves on to the barracks.
- Daniel performs an experiment.
- At the barracks, Sayid, Kate and Miles are taken hostage by Locke's group. Sayid makes a deal with Locke, allowing him to return with Charlotte, in exchange for Miles. Kate stays behind.
- Sayid, Desmond, and Frank leave the island in the helicopter at dusk.
Day 93 - Thursday, 23 December 2004
- Jack and Juliet return to the beach, accompanied by Daniel and Charlotte.
- Kate demands to speak to Miles, but Locke refuses. Kate finds Miles anyway, and he agrees to tell her what they know but he needs to talk to Ben first.
- Miles attempts to blackmail Ben for $3.2 million, in exchange for telling the people on the freighter that he is dead. Miles tells Kate they know she is a fugitive.
- Locke orders Kate to leave the Barracks by morning. She spends the night with Sawyer.
- Jack and the others become concerned when they radio Regina on the boat and are told that the helicopter has not arrived.
Day 94 - Friday, 24 December 2004 (Christmas Eve)
- Locke places a grenade with the pin removed in Miles' mouth.
- Kate and Sawyer fight. She leaves him and departs for the beach.
- Frank, Desmond and Sayid arrive on the freighter at mid-day.
- Daniel, against Charlotte's warning, tells Jack and Juliet that their perception of time may not be entirely accurate.
- Sayid contacts Jack on the Island, using Frank's satellite phone.
- Daniel speaks to Desmond on the satellite phone and gives him directions for how to deal with the "side-effects" of the Island he is experiencing.
- Minkowski is unable to cope with the side-effects of the Island, dying as a result.
- After Sayid repairs the freighter's communications equipment, Desmond makes contact with Penelope.
- Daniel finds an entry in his journal stating, "If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant".
- Late in the evening, Daniel and Charlotte leave the beach camp. Jack and Juliet follow them into the jungle in pursuit. Juliet is told by Harper that they are heading toward the Tempest.
Day 95 - Saturday, 25 December 2004 (Christmas Day)
- Ben shows Locke his knowledge of Widmore and his spy in exchange for his freedom.
- Kate is knocked out by Charlotte when returning to the beach.
- Juliet finds Daniel and Charlotte inside the Tempest. Juliet fights with Charlotte under false pretenses they are releasing the gas, but Daniel renders it inert.
- Juliet and Jack kiss once again.
- Ben moves into a house at the Barracks, much to the shock of the survivors.
- (off-camera) The people at the Barracks share a rabbit dinner, presumably to celebrate Christmas.
Day 96 - Sunday, 26 December 2004
- (off-camera) Frank transports Keamy and his mercenaries to the island.
- Jack, Kate, Juliet, Daniel and Charlotte return from the Tempest.
- Desmond and Sayid awaken on the Freighter to a note saying "Don't Trust the Captain".
- Sun confronts Daniel on the question of whether or not they will be rescued. Sun decides to leave for Locke's camp.
- Sayid and Desmond witness Regina's suicide and confront the captain, who expresses his need to find Ben.
- Juliet, desperate for Sun to stay, tells Jin of Sun's affair.
- Desmond and Sayid meet Kevin Johnson (Michael Dawson).
- Jin forgives Sun for her affair.
- Locke holds a meeting at the Barracks. Locke, Ben and Miles share a variety of information with the rest of the group.
- Ben tells Alex, Karl and Rousseau to find safety at the Temple.
- Captain Gault stops crew members attempting to leave the freighter.
Day 97 - Monday, 27 December 2004
- Sayid and Desmond confront Michael, who tells them the story of how he came to be Kevin Johnson.
- Sayid reveals Michael's identity to Captain Gault.
- On the way to the Temple, Danielle, Alex and Karl are ambushed by Keamy and his mercenaries. Rousseau and Karl are shot before Alex surrenders.
- Jack's appendix begins to cause pain.
- Ray's body washes ashore.
- Keamy forces Alex to disable the sonic fence, but doing so issues a panic code that alerts the Barracks.
- The Barracks comes under assault by the mercenaries. Four members of Locke's camp are killed. Claire's house is destroyed with an RPG, but Sawyer rescues her from the wreckage.
- The mercenaries free Miles from the boat house and give him a radio to deliver to Ben.
- Ben refuses to leave the island willingly. Alex is executed by Keamy.
- Ben disappears into the secret room in his house, entering a hidden tunnel. He returns at night, and while the Monster attacks the mercenaries, he, Locke, Sawyer, Claire, Hurley and Miles make for the jungle.
- Sawyer decides to return to the beach, and Miles and Claire go with him. Locke, Ben, and Hurley go to visit Jacob.
- Daniel transmits a Morse Code message to the freighter and he lies about the message. Bernard catches him in the lie.
Day 98 - Tuesday, 28 December 2004
- Rose, Bernard, Sun and Jin hassle Charlotte and Daniel, wanting to know about the freighter. Jack faints.
- Miles hears the voices of Danielle and Karl, and subsequently discovers their corpses in shallow graves.
- Jin, Sun, Daniel and Charlotte travel to The Staff station to collect medical supplies.
- Sawyer, Claire, and Miles encounter Frank, and hide from Keamy.
- Juliet, Kate and Bernard operate on Jack, saving his life.
- Claire sees a vision of Christian holding Aaron by the fire.
- Having hiked all day, Locke, Ben, and Hurley decide to make camp.
- Keamy, Frank, and the mercenaries return to the freighter at night. Keamy learns that Michael is the spy and tries to kill him, in vain.
Day 99 - Wednesday, 29 December 2004
- Locke has a dream in which he meets Horace Goodspeed who tells him to find him at the DHARMA grave, so that he can in turn find Jacob.
- Locke, Ben and Hurley arrive at the mass grave and find a map to Jacob's cabin.
- Gault allows Sayid and Desmond to return to the island on a zodiac raft. Desmond refuses to go, but Sayid sails to the beach.
- Keamy kills Ray and Gault in an effort to make Frank pilot the helicopter back to the island; Frank finally complies.
- Frank throws the satellite phone for survivors to find at the beach. Jack finds it.
- Locke meets Christian who speaks on Jacob's behalf. Locke also finds a complacent and seemingly drugged/loopy Claire in the cabin, who claims she's "fine" and "with him", referring to Christian. Locke is told he must now move the island in order to protect it.
Day 100 - Thursday, 30 December 2004
- Jack and Kate follow the phone's location, and meet Miles and Sawyer. Kate and Miles head back to the beach with Aaron. Jack and Sawyer continue on.
- Sayid returns on the raft. Kate with Aaron and Miles. Sayid and Kate set off to find Jack. Daniel takes a raft of five survivors back to the boat (Sun, Jin and Aaron), and then turns back to get more.
- Ben signals for the Others for help. Locke, Ben and Hurley arrive at The Orchid, where they find the freighter mercenaries waiting on them. Ben surrenders.
- Sayid and Kate are captured by Richard and The Others.
- The communications room on the Kahana is discovered to be loaded with C-4.
- Jack and Sawyer meet Hurley and Locke at the Orchid. Locke tells Jack to lie to protect the island.
- Keamy and his team bring Ben back to the helicopter, where they are ambushed by Kate, Sayid and the Others. After a fight, Kate and Sayid leave for the helicopter. Ben leaves for the Orchid.
- On the Kahana, Michael, Jin and Desmond attempt to disarm the explosives by freezing the battery pack.
- Ben and Locke enter the Orchid, they warn Jack. Jack, Sawyer and Hurley head to the helicopter.
- Frank is cut free. Frank, Sayid, Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sawyer head to the freighter.
- Charlotte, Miles and Juliet refuse to leave the island just yet. Daniel leaves on a second trip with survivors.
- Sawyer whispers to Kate, kisses her, then jumps out of the helicopter to save fuel.
- Ben loads the vault with materials to enter the underground chamber. Keamy arrives and taunts Ben into attacking him for killing his daughter. The bomb on the freighter is about to explode.
- The bomb is delayed as it's partly frozen. The helicopter lands on the freighter and the fuel leak is fixed. Desmond, Sun and Aaron board the helicopter.
- Jin leaves the communications room and heads to deck. The helicopter leaves. Sun screams for Jin. Michael sees Christian Shephard before the bomb detonates. The freighter explodes.
- Sawyer swims back to the island. Juliet and Sawyer see the smoke from the boat's explosion.
- Ben and Locke part ways. Locke returns to the Others as their new leader. Ben pushes the wheel and the island is moved in space (and possibly time). Ben is transported to Tunisia, moving forward in time 10 months.
- The helicopter loses fuel and crashes into the Ocean. Jack, Kate, Aaron, Sayid, Hurley, Sun and Frank make it to the inflatable raft. Desmond is revived by Jack.
Day 101 - Friday, 31 December 2004
- In the early hours of the morning of New Year's Eve, the lifeboat is found by the Searcher. Jack tells them they must lie in order to protect everyone else on the island. Desmond is reunited with Penny, and Jack tells Penny "they need to talk".