Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The tiger pit was a small pit dug in the ground by Ana Lucia, used to hold people captive. It was covered by a bamboo grate. According to Bernard, it was three days away from the Tail section crash site. ("The Other 48 Days")
- It first made an appearance in "Orientation".
- Ana Lucia first dug the pit when she suspected Nathan of being an Other. She imprisoned him there for 4 days without giving him food. Eko snuck Nathan a banana, and Goodwin helped him escape at night, but then quickly broke his neck, killing him. He did this because Ana said she would torture Nathan the next day, and Goodwin was afraid that if Nathan didn't talk, she would start suspecting him of being an Other instead. ("The Other 48 Days")
- Sawyer, Jin, and Michael were thrown in the pit after the raft was destroyed. They washed up on the shore of the beach, and were captured by Ana Lucia's group. At the time, they believed the Tailies to be a group of Others (and vice versa).
Eko gave food to Nathan. ("The Other 48 Days")
- When Ana put herself in the pit ("undercover") and discovered their stories to also check out with that of Flight 815 survivors, the three were released.
- On the Season 2 DVD Extras, the location is formally called "The Tiger Pit". Daniel Dae Kim says that he got to know the actors he was with (Josh Holloway and Harold Perrineau) very well because of the cramped environment.