"The Package" is the tenth episode of Season 6 of Lost and the 113th produced hour of the series as a whole. It was originally broadcast on March 30, 2010. While Jin and Sun continue to search for each other, the Man in Black meets with Charles Widmore.
Previously on Lost
- Jin and Sun run into difficulties at the airport customs desk due to the money discovered in Jin's luggage. ("LA X, Part 2")
- Hurley tells Richard that his wife says he has to stop the Man in Black from leaving the Island. ("Ab Aeterno")
- Locke orders Sawyer to go to Hydra Island to do some recon. ("Recon")
- Sawyer is captured by Widmore's team. He subsequently strikes a deal with Widmore to deliver Locke in exchange for safe passage off the Island. ("Recon")
On the Island
The Man in Black being watched with night vision
Night-vision goggles observe the Man in Black's camp. Sawyer offers Kate a drink which he refers to as "cocoa", but Kate questions this, and Sawyer admits it is not cocoa and she should pretend it is. Claire and the Man in Black are shown. Jin bandages his leg as the Man in Black joins him. The Man in Black suggests that Jin should leave the bandages off and let the wound air out. The Man in Black asks Jin whether Sawyer had told Jin about the names written in the cave. The Man in Black explains that only a few names remain which haven't been crossed off and that "Kwon" is one of them. The Man in Black says he is not sure whether it refers to Sun or Jin. The Man in Black says that the only way that they can leave the Island is if all the names that are not crossed off leave together. When Jin points out that Sun is not with them, the Man in Black says that he is "working on it."
Zoe and Seamus find Jin at the Man in Black's camp.
The Man in Black tells Sayid that he is leaving and that he will be back in the morning. He tells Sayid to keep an eye on the camp. Sayid tells the Man in Black that he doesn't feel anything – anger, happiness, pain. The Man in Black says that that may be best to get through what is coming. The Man in Black leaves. Jin and Sawyer see him leave and Jin immediately packs his kit. Sawyer asks him what he is doing and Jin says he's getting out before "that thing" comes back. He castigates Sawyer for just listening to whatever the Man in Black tells him, but Sawyer says he isn't and reminds Jin that he has a deal with Charles Widmore. Jin says it doesn't matter because he is going to find Sun. As Jin tries to leave he, Sawyer, Kate, Claire, Sayid and the rest of the group are struck by darts and all pass out. Widmore's team step amongst the bodies until they find Jin and Zoe says to take him. ♪
The Man in Black finds his camp routed and revives Sayid.
The Man in Black returns to his camp and finds everyone unconscious. He leans over Sayid and finds a dart in his shoulder. He revives him and asks what happened. Sayid responds that he doesn't know who attacked them. The Man in Black then becomes concerned about Jin's disappearance.
The Man in Black tells Sayid that he is taking the outrigger and asks whether Sayid is a good swimmer. He gives Sayid a gun and tells him to wrap it in plastic. Sawyer overhears. The Man in Black asks Claire if there is something wrong. Referring to the names on the wall, she asks if her name is there too. The Man in Black says it is not but that he still needs her and that there will be ample room on the plane for her too. She says that when they get home Aaron will not know her, thinking Kate is his mother. She asks if Kate's name is on the wall. The Man in Black says it isn't anymore, but he needs her because she can help get the three people he needs to get off the Island. He adds that once Kate has helped get those people, then whatever happens, happens.
The Man in Black and Sayid start to leave. Sawyer asks the Man in Black what they are doing. The Man in Black says they are taking a boat to the other island. The Man in Black implies that the smoke monster can't go over the water when questioned by Sawyer about his method of travel. The Man in Black then explains that Widmore took one of his people so he is going to get that person back. ♪
The Man in Black faces Widmore and announces that "war is coming." (promotional still)
The Man in Black arrives with the outrigger on Hydra Island. An array of sonic pylons are lined up along the beach. Shots are fired near the Man in Black and Widmore's armed team jump out of the bushes. The Man in Black grins as he says that he comes in peace. Widmore's team and the Man in Black walk down the beach with the latter remaining on the opposite side of the sonar fence. Widmore comes down to the fence, and asks the Man in Black whether he knows who he (Widmore) is. When the Man in Black asks Widmore whether he knows who he (the MIB) is, Widmore replies that he is obviously not John Locke, and everything else he knows is "a combination of myths, ghost stories and noises in the jungle at night." The Man in Black points out that the sonar fence pylons are proof that Widmore knows more than that. Widmore asks why he came. The Man in Black says that Widmore took one of his people – Jin Kwon. Widmore denies knowledge of this. Seeing through Widmore's lie, the Man in Black says, "A wise man once said war was coming to this island. I think it just got here." ♪
Sawyer sits next to Kate at her fire. She asks him why he is not worried but he admits he is, but also that he has a feeling that "this" is almost over, thinking that Widmore has captured the Man in Black. Just then the Man in Black walks back into camp alone. Sawyer asks where Jin is. The Man in Black explains that Widmore said he didn't have Jin, but that he doesn't believe Widmore. Sawyer asks the Man in Black whether he had lost Sayid too, noting his absence. The Man in Black indicates that he has sent Sayid on an errand, and brings up the locked room on Widmore's submarine, stating that he doesn't like secrets.
At the beach
Ben argues with Ilana over Richard's return. (promotional still)
At the beach camp, Miles and Frank are playing cards. Ilana is cleaning her rifle while Ben asks what are they waiting for. Ilana says that they are waiting for Richard to return, to which Ben replies that he would bet, given what Richard said about them all being in hell, that they will never see him again. Ilana says that Hurley will bring him back. Miles is disparaging about Hurley's ability to track anyone not covered in bacon grease, but Ilana says Jacob has never lied to her and that therefore Richard knows what to do. She says she is convinced that Richard will come back and until he does they will wait. Sun walks off angrily at the talk of waiting.
She goes to her vegetable garden, now overgrown. ♪ Jack joins her and reflects on when she planted the garden and that it seems like 100 years ago. Sun says she doesn't care whether Richard comes back. Jack tells Sun about Jacob's lighthouse and the list but Sun says she doesn't care about being a candidate, or their "purpose" or "destiny" and she asks to be left alone. Jack leaves as Sun begins to cry.
Sun runs away from the Man in Black. (promotional still)
Later Sun is weeding and cuts her finger on a leaf. The Man in Black startles her and she apprehensively backs away from him. The Man in Black says that he has found Jin and that he was keeping his promise to reunite them, though it took longer than he expected. He tells her that he is with his people at his camp across the Island. He offers his outstretched hand but Sun says she doesn't believe him, that he killed the people at the Temple. The Man in Black says that those people were confused and lied-to and they could have come with him. He says "I would never make you do anything against your will, please, I am asking you to come." Sun dashes away and is chased by the Man in Black. She runs into a tree branch and falls.
Richard and Hurley return to the beach camp. (promotional still)
Ben finds Sun knocked out. She revives and speaking in Korean asks where "he" went and that he chased her. Ben asks that she speak in English and when he asks who did this to her she replies "Locke."
At the beach camp Jack is looking after Sun's head wound. Ben is sensitive to a look Ilana gives him and asks why she won't believe him that Sun was already unconscious when he found her. Ilana replies that it's merely because Ben is speaking. Jack tells Sun that she has concussion and although she understands English she can only speak Korean. Jack thinks she has aphasia which affects the language center of the brain but that the condition is usually temporary. Ilana smiles as Richard strides into the camp with Hurley following. Richard tells them all to pack their bags because they are leaving.
Sun angrily confronts Richard about his intentions of destroying the plane. (promotional still)
When Jack asks where they are going, Richard asks Ben where "Locke" is and Ben tells him that he said he is on Hydra Island. Richard checks with Frank that that is where his plane landed. He says they are going to stop this "man" by destroying the plane. Sun says in Korean that the plane is the only way they can get off the Island. Richard asks why she is speaking in Korean and Jack explains that she was injured when "Locke" chased her. Richard asks her about "Locke" but Sun says that he is insane if he thinks he is going to destroy their only means of getting off the Island. She adds that she came to get Jin, not save the world and as Ilana thinks she is important, Richard needs her and he should understand that she is not going with them. ♪
Sun and Jack have an affectionate fireside chat.
At night, Sun is staring out to sea. Jack brings her some things and suggests that she try to write in English because an aphasia patient he once had could still write. Jack gives Sun a pen and paper. Jack says he went back to the garden and while looking for Locke found one perfect tomato although all the vines appeared dead. He says no one told the stubborn tomato that it was supposed to die. Sun writes that she didn't go with the Man in Black to join Jin because she doesn't trust him. When Jack asks Sun whether she trusts him (Jack), she nods. Jack asks her to come with them and promises that he will help her to find Jin and get them both on the plane, he offers his hand and Sun takes it. ♪♪
On Hydra Island
Zoe shows Jin a DHARMA map she wants explained.
Jin wakes in a locked room with metal walls. There is an array of loudspeakers around the room. Jin throws a switch and the room darkens and on screens are projected film with titles including "We are the causes of our own suffering", "everything changes" accompanied by flashes of images and a discordant sound track. Jin throws the switch again. Zoe is in the room and says that they are in Room 23 and that the DHARMA Initiative were doing experiments on subliminal messaging in this room, but that he knows all about the DHARMA Initiative. As Jin goes to leave Zoe brings him down with a stun gun. She apologizes but says they had gone to a lot of trouble bringing him here. She shows him a grid map which DHARMA used to identify pockets of electromagnetism. She says that whoever signed the maps could help her out and that the signature looks like "Jin-Soo Kwon". She asks whether it is him but Jin says he will only speak with Charles Widmore. Zoe says that Widmore would like to talk with Jin too.
Jin sees photos of his daughter for the first time.
In the DHARMA station at Hydra Island Widmore berates Zoe for making a move ahead of schedule. Zoe says that he should have put a mercenary in charge instead of a geophysicist, to which Widmore replies, "What's done is done." Realizing that Jin is looking on, Widmore asks Zoe to get the package from the submarine and take it to the infirmary. Zoe agrees. Widmore apologizes to Jin and introduces himself. He gives Jin a camera that Widmore found in Sun's luggage found in the Ajira plane. The camera contains shots of Ji Yeon, Jin's daughter. Widmore says he has a daughter too and knows what it is like to be kept apart. Widmore explains that being reunited with Sun would be short lived if that "thing" ever got off the Island. He says everyone we know and love would simply cease to be. Widmore says he has come to prevent that from happening. Jin asks how he is going to do that and Widmore says it is time for Jin to see the package and that the package is not a "what" but a "who".
Desmond awakens and sees Sayid.
Sayid surfaces near the submarine. Zoe and Seamus are pulling someone out through the hatch. They drop the body on the edge of the jetty and Zoe admits she gave him too much of the drug. Desmond opens his bleary eyes as his head hangs over the edge of the jetty and he and Sayid look at each other for a moment before Desmond is carried away.
A customs officer returns the Rolex watch but confiscates the money.
Sun is in a waiting room at LAX. The customs officer brings Jin out and returns his suitcase and the watch and tries to explain that the $25,000 cannot be returned unless Jin completes the necessary paperwork but Jin doesn't understand. Sun and Jin leave and Jin says he has missed the meeting at the restaurant. When Sun asks what all the money was for, Jin says that he doesn't know and that her father gave him the money and watch to be delivered. He says he doesn't ask her father questions but just does what he is told.
At the hotel, the desk clerk finds the booking for a room for Paik on the eighth floor and assumes it is for Sun and Jin. Jin corrects him, explaining as best he can that they are not married, and the desk clerk finds the second reservation for Kwon.
Jin and Sun kiss in Sun's hotel room.
Jin knocks on Sun's hotel room door and tells Sun he is going to the restaurant to deliver the watch. Sun brings him inside and explains that as it is late, no one will be at the restaurant. She explains that the man works for her father, so everything will be all right. Jin asks why she would care as she is in L.A. on a shopping trip. She asks if he thinks that that is the only reason she came to L.A. She starts to flirt and unbuttons the top button of her twin set top, then takes her top off and they embrace and kiss passionately. ♪
Sun checks herself in the mirror with a confused look.
Sun and Jin awake in bed. Sun says they should elope using money in a secret account she has. ♪ Jin professes his love for her and as she is about to tell him something there is a knock at the door. Jin hides in the bathroom and as Sun checks herself in the mirror she gives a quizzical look at her face. At the door is Martin Keamy. He says that he is a friend of her father's and pushes his way in, saying she has something for him.
Sun gives Keamy the watch and he admires it and asks where is her bodyguard, Mr. Kwon, because he is meant to give him some money. Sun says she doesn't speak English as Omar knocks at the door. Keamy lets him in and Omar explains that Kwon is not in his room. Keamy sees two glasses of champagne and tells Omar to look in the bathroom. Omar complies and finds Jin. Keamy says he is still expecting the $25,000. Sun says to Jin in Korean that she will pay the money. Keamy tells Omar to get Danny's friend, Mikhail who can speak nine languages.
Sun is escorted to the bank by Mikhail Bakunin.
Later, Mikhail translates Sun's explanation about how the money was confiscated. She offers to get the money from the bank. Keamy agrees that Mikhail will take Sun to the bank while he takes "Casanova" to the restaurant. Jin asks that Keamy not tell Mr. Paik about his relationship with Sun. Keamy says their secret is safe with him.
The bank officer says that Sun's account was closed. Sun is surprised as she says no one knew of the account but the Bank Officer says it was closed by Mr. Paik. When she asks Mikhail why her father would close the account he says, "Why do you think?".
Keamy ties Jin up in a freezer.
Meanwhile Omar takes Jin into the freezer at the restaurant, bumping his head on the door and cutting him. Keamy washes Jin's cut and tells Omar to pick up the Arab. He continues speaking to Jin although he knows Jin doesn't understand him. As he tapes Jin to the chair, Keamy says, "I'm gonna strap you in here, just in case you figure out what's about to happen to you, I can't have you freaking out." He secures Jin's bindings and tells Jin how unhappy Mr. Paik was when he found out about Sun and Jin. As Keamy talks, Jin's reflection is seen in the refrigerator door. He tells Jin that the $25,000 was his fee to kill Jin. Keamy also says to Jin that he's sorry but some people are just not meant to be together. Not understanding, Jin thanks him as Keamy puts a strip of tape over his mouth Locked in the storeroom, Jin hears the confrontation and fight between Sayid and Keamy and his men. After hearing gunshots, Jin kicks the door. Sayid opens it. Jin asks for help in Korean and Sayid says that he doesn't care why Jin is there and starts to leave. Jin says "free, free" and Sayid puts a box cutter from a shelf in Jin's tied hands. He wishes him luck and leaves.
An injured Sun reveals to Jin that she is pregnant.
Later, Mikhail arrives at the restaurant with Sun. They discover the carnage including Jin laying among the bodies. Mikhail asks Keamy who did this, Keamy croaks that Mikhail should look behind him as Jin points a gun at Mikhail's head. He knows Jin didn't do it because if he had Jin already would have shot him. Mikhail and Jin struggle and Mikhail gets off two shots before trying to attack Jin with a carving knife. Jin shoots him twice and one shot hits him in the right eye. Sun is seated on the ground crying. She has blood on her hands and is holding her abdomen. As Jin picks her up she cries that she is pregnant.
- With this episode, Sun becomes the sixth character to have a flashback episode, a flash-forward episode, and a flash sideways episode centered around her. The others are Kate, Jack, Sayid, Ben and Sawyer.
- Ilana has her first costume change since arriving on the Island.
- This is the first time Sayid and Desmond have seen each other since Sayid left the Searcher in "There's No Place Like Home, Parts 2 & 3", a 27-episode gap.
- The title has multiple meanings, referring to Desmond as Widmore's submarine package, and Jin's package of money.
ABC's countdown logo for V obscuring Sun's notepad
- In the premiere broadcast in the United States on March 30, 2010, a large red "V" and countdown timer appeared on the lower part of the screen during most of the episode, promoting the ABC series V, which also stars Elizabeth Mitchell. This promotion obscured what Sun was writing on the notepad toward the end of the episode. Also, on a non-HD screen (4:3 aspect ratio), some of the text on Sun's pad was cropped out.
- Several fan websites expressed annoyance at this watermark.
- Executive producer Damon Lindelof agreed with their sentiments on Twitter.
- A segment on The Colbert Report also poked fun at the countdown timer.
- Tvbythenumbers.com released an April Fools hoax claiming ABC had announced a countdown timer leading up to the final episode of Lost that would appear during all ABC primetime shows until May 23.
- This episode was originally broadcast in Canada two hours earlier than in the US, and did not include the countdown timer for "V".
- Many fans misheard Keamy say to Jin in the flash-sideways timeline, "I'm gonna strap you in here. Just in case you figure out what's about to happen to the Island, can't have you freaking out."   The line is actually: "Just in case you figure out what's about to happen to you, I..." This has been confirmed by the ABC episode recap  and by Jorge Garcia and Bethany Shady from the Geronimo Jack's Beard podcast on their Facebook page.  Executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse also confirmed on the April 15, 2010 Official Lost Podcast that Keamy did not say "the Island".
- Kevin Durand (Martin Keamy), Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert) and Matthew Fox (Jack Shephard) appeared in this episode together; the three actors also appeared together in the 2007 action film Smokin' Aces.
- This episode makes us assume that Sun and Jin have sex the same night as the Oceanic 815 flight, and that the next day they are busted by Keamy. However, according to Desmond's comment in "Everybody Loves Hugo" and Sawyer in "The Last Recruit", those two events may have happened a week apart from each other, since in "The Last Recruit", Sun arrives at the hospital at the same time as Locke does.
- Mikhail is referred to by Keamy as "Danny's friend", a possible reference to the flash sideways incarnation of Danny Pickett.
- Some of the pictures of Ji Yeon include the dog that Jin gave Sun, as seen in "House of the Rising Sun"
- This episode is Rated TV-14-V.
- This is the first time since the two-part Season 3 finale "Through the Looking Glass" that all credited main cast members have appeared in new footage in an episode, a 41-episode gap.
- This is also the last time in the series that all credited main cast members appear in an episode.
- Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond) appears (though without speaking lines), making his first appearance since "LA X, Part 1", an absence of eight episodes.
- Henry Ian Cusick is not credited for his appearance in the episode's ABC press release. This is likely due to the surprise nature of his return.
- As of this episode, the only living character who has been part of the main cast and is still off the Island is Walt.
- Andrew Divoff (Mikhail) appears for the first time since "Through the Looking Glass, Part 2", an absence of 41 episodes.
Bloopers and continuity errors
- When Keamy asks Sun to sit down on the bed, he is shown placing his left hand on her right shoulder. As the shot changes to behind Keamy, he is using his right hand on her right shoulder.
- When Sayid removes the tape from Jin's mouth in the flash sideways, he reaches to remove the tape from right to left, but the cut to Jin shows Sayid removing the tape from the left.
- When Widmore hands Sun's camera to Jin, Widmore says, "Turn it on," and the sound of the lens protruding from the camera is heard, although the lens was already protruding, indicating the camera was already turned on, or that the lens is fixed.
- The scene of Sayid finding Jin in the flash sideways is considerably different than the one seen at "Sundown". Most notably, Sayid asking "Who are you?" and Jin responding "No English" is done very differently.
- The sounds that Jin hears from the restaurant do not match Keamy and Sayid's encounter as seen in "Sundown", as the gunshots are heard before Keamy finishes talking, and the final shot is heard before Keamy would have finished pleading with Sayid (who, notably, is not heard talking before the final gunshot).
The Season 6 soundtrack includes the following tracks from this episode:
|Animals • Black and white • Character connections • Children • Coincidence • Death • Deceptions and cons • Dreams • Economics • Electromagnetism • Eyes • Fate versus free will • Games • Good and bad people • Imprisonment • Isolation • Leadership • Life and death • Literary works • Mirrors • Missing body parts • Nicknames • The Numbers • Pairings • Parapsychology • Parent issues • Pregnancies • Psychology • Rain • Redemption • Relationships • Religion • Revenge • Salvation • Secrets|
- Mikhail is shot in the eye and appears to have lost it. (Eyes) (Missing body parts)
- Jack tells Sun a story about a patient who was involved in a car accident and lost his ability to speak after a knock to his head. (Car accidents)
- Jin is imprisoned by Keamy in the restaurant. (Imprisonment)
- Mr. Paik disapproves of Jin's relationship with his daughter. (Parent issues) (Relationships)
- Charles Widmore keeps Jin in Room 23. (The Numbers) (Imprisonment)
- Jin and Sun stay on the eighth floor of the hotel. (The Numbers)
- Imprisoned Jin kicks the door eight times until Sayid came in.(The Numbers)
- Jin's room in the hotel is numbered 842. (The Numbers)
- Keamy calls Jin "Casanova"; Sawyer calls Jin "Hoss" and Charles Widmore "Charlie Widmore". (Nicknames)
- Charles Widmore lies to the Man in Black about Jin's current whereabouts. (Deception and cons)
- When the Man in Black confronts Sun in her garden, he tells her that he would never make her do anything against her will. (Fate versus free will)
- Sun tells Jack she doesn't want to hear about anything related to her having a purpose or destiny. (Fate versus free will)
- Ilana implies Ben always lies, stating her disbelief merely because he is speaking. Ben was telling the truth. (Deceptions and cons) (Good and bad people)
- Mr. Paik sends Jin and Sun to America with the money that is intended to be used as payment for Keamy killing Jin. (Deceptions and cons) (Life and death) (Revenge)
- Zoe shows Jin a DHARMA map of electromagnetic pockets on the Island. (Electromagnetism)
- Widmore warns Jin that if the Man in Black succeeds in leaving the Island, everyone they know and love will cease to exist. (Death)
- Mr. Paik closes Sun's secret bank account without her knowledge or consent. (Parent issues) (Secrets)
- Jin and Sun want to keep their relationship a secret from Sun's father, who already knows. (Parent issues) (Secrets)
- Sun is pregnant in the flash sideways. (Pregnancies)
- Desmond is returned to the Island, apparently against his will. (Imprisonment) (Fate versus free will)
- Keamy survives (at least for a while) being shot in the restaurant, just as he did on the Island when Richard shot him. (Death)
- Sun looks in a mirror and pauses while there is knocking at the door. (Mirrors)
- Jin's reflection is shown while being held prisoner at the restaurant, though he does not see it. (Mirrors)
| Cultural references|
(direct references only)
|Art • Automobiles • Games • History • Literary works • Movies and TV • Music • Philosophy • Religion and ideologies • Science|
- Godzilla: Keamy comments, "I feel like I'm in a Godzilla movie," when trying to communicate with Korean-speaking Jin and Sun. Godzilla is an iconic Japanese movie series. (Movies and TV) (Science)
- Bonanza: Sawyer calls Jin "Hoss". Eric "Hoss" Cartwright was a big man, the warm and lovable middle son of Ben Cartwright in this TV cowboy show that aired from 1959 to 1973. (Movies and TV)
- Giacomo Casanova: Keamy calls Jin "Casanova" in reference to Giacomo Casanova (1725 – 1798), a Venetian adventurer and author. He was so famous as a womanizer that his name remains synonymous with the art of seduction. (History)
- Card game: Frank and Miles are playing with DHARMA Initiative playing cards. (Games)
- Aphasia: Jack diagnoses Sun with possible aphasia, an acquired language disorder in which there is an impairment of any language modality. Depending on the area and extent of brain damage, someone suffering from aphasia may be able to speak but not write, or vice versa, or display any of a wide variety of other deficiencies in language comprehension and production. (Science)
- "I come in peace": The Man in Black uses this phrase that is stereotypically used in science fiction narratives by extraterrestrial visitors upon first meeting the inhabitants of a planet (typically earth). (Movies and TV)
|Comparative: Irony • Juxtaposition • Foreshadowing Plotting: Cliffhanger • Plot twist Stock characters: Archetype • Redshirt • Unseen character|
Story: Flashbacks • Flash-forwards • Flash sideways • Framing device • Regularly spoken phrases • Symbolism • Unreliable narrator
- The Man in Black says "whatever happens, happens" when referring to Claire and Kate. (Regularly spoken phrases)
- Widmore tells Zoe, "What's done is done." (Regularly spoken phrases)
- Jack tells Sun "it feels like a hundred years ago" that she built her garden. (Regularly spoken phrases)
- When Sun expresses despair, Jack shows her a "stubborn" tomato from her garden, one that didn't know it was supposed to die. (Symbolism)
- As opposed to the original timeline in which Mikhail has a missing eye throughout, in the flash-sideways timeline he initially has both eyes. However, he eventually ends up being shot in the very same eye that he is missing in the original timeline. (Juxtaposition)
- The object locked in the sub turns out to be Desmond. (Plot twist)
- In the original timeline, Mikhail was one of the Others and Keamy one of the mercenary team sent to the Island by Widmore. In the flash-sideways timeline, they work together. (Juxtaposition) (Irony)
- Jack tries to tell Sun about the lighthouse, a tool Jacob used to observe Sun and Jin. In the following scene in the flash sideways Sun tells Jin that no one is watching them. (Irony)
- In the original timeline, Sun made plans to disappear in the United States to get away from Jin, but in the flash-sideways timeline she suggests that they run away together. (Juxtaposition) (Irony)
- Miles is annoyed at Hurley for bringing Richard back, while this pleases Ilana by renewing her faith. (Juxtaposition)
- In the flash-sideways timeline, Jin gets by with only a few words in English. In the original timeline, his wife, who was secretly well-versed in English long before him, forgets how to speak the language due to aphasia. (Juxtaposition)
- Jin begs Keamy not to reveal Jin and Sun's relationship to her father. Sun's father already knew of their affair, and secretly staged the trip to America to address it. (Irony)
- Jin's loss of the money appears to jeopardize his life, yet it is the reason that Keamy forestalls his hit on Jin. (Irony)
- Zoe tells Widmore he should have hired a mercenary to do her job. The last time Widmore hired a mercenary, his plan failed. (Irony)
- If Sun had been successful in getting the money from her secret bank account, she would have ended up paying Keamy to kill Jin. (Irony)
- As Jin tries to protect Sun in the flash-sideways timeline, she is hit by a stray bullet and bleeds profusely. She then tells Jin she is pregnant. (Cliffhanger)
- In the original timeline Sun shoots Colleen in the abdomen. In the flash-sideways timeline, it is Sun who is shot in the abdomen. (Juxtaposition) (Irony)
- Widmore claims that the Man in Black is evil and must be stopped. In Season 4, Widmore himself was deemed by others to be an evil person who must be stopped. (Irony)
- Sun takes Jack's hand to convey she'll go with the group. Earlier, when the Man in Black extended his hand to her she fled. (Juxtaposition)
- Zoe asks Jin about a DHARMA map indicating the locations of electromagnetic pockets on the Island. (Foreshadowing)
|A-Missions • Crimes • Economics • Leadership • O-Missions • Relationships • F-Missions • Rivalries • S-Missions|
- The Man in Black and Charles Widmore argue over Jin's captivity. (Rivalries)
- Richard returns to explain that they must stop the Man in Black from leaving the Island. (A-Missions)
- Widmore's team kidnaps Jin. (S-Missions)
- Jack makes promises to Sun. (Leadership)
- The Man in Black tells Claire that he still needs her. He also says he needs Kate for her influence over the candidates. (Leadership)
- In the flash-sideways timeline, Jin and Sun are not married, but have a romantic relationship. (Relationships)
- Jin shoots Mikhail in the restaurant after freeing himself from the freezer. (Crimes)
- The Man in Black sends Sayid on a mission. (O-Missions)
- Jack tells Sun that he remembers when she built the garden. ("Hearts and Minds")
- Zoe explains to Jin that Room 23 was used to experiment with subliminal messages. ("Not in Portland") ("Room 23")
- Widmore shows Jin a camera with pictures of Ji Yeon. ("Ji Yeon")
- The Man in Black tells Widmore, "A wise man said that a war was coming to the Island," referring to what Widmore himself told Locke. ("The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham")
- Zoe talks about Jin's work with the DHARMA Initiative and shows him a map he made while he worked for them in the 1970s. ("LaFleur")
- In the flash-sideways timeline, Sun mentions Jin's command to button up her shirt on the plane. ("LA X, Part 1")
- Jin is released from the airport with his $25,000 confiscated. ("LA X, Part 2")
- The Man in Black and Jin discuss the names written on the walls of Jacob's cave. ("The Substitute")
- Jack mentions visiting Jacob's lighthouse. ("Lighthouse")
- Sayid shoots Martin Keamy at the restaurant and finds Jin in the walk-in refrigerator. ("Sundown")
- Richard asks Ben about the Man in Black's attempt to recruit him. ("Dr. Linus")
- Widmore has a series of sonic pylons similar to those at the Barracks set up on Hydra Island. ("Recon")
- Richard and Hurley return to the beach camp, after Richard left in search of the Man in Black. ("Ab Aeterno")
- Sun is alone in her garden when the Man in Black (as Locke) enters and asks "bad day?", just as Locke once did. ("...And Found")
- Mr Paik arranges to kill the man who is secretly in a relationship with his daughter. ("The Glass Ballerina")
- The Man in Black describes Jin as "one of our people" and vows to bring him back. In Season 3, Locke tells the survivors he will bring all their people back. ("Further Instructions")
- Sun uses a notebook to communicate between English and Korean. ("Exodus, Part 2")
- ↑ http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/lost-producer-and-fans-ticked-off-by-v-countdown-clock/
- ↑ http://twitter.com/DamonLindelof/status/11348802254
- ↑ http://lostmediamentions.blogspot.com/2010/04/colbert-report-on-lostv-countdown-timer.html
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/04/01/abc-announces-lost-series-finale-countdown-clock%E2%80%9D/46838
- ↑ http://forum.thefuselage.com/showthread.php?t=123627
- ↑ http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/03/things-i-noticed-package-by-vozzek69.html
- ↑ http://abc.go.com/shows/lost/episode-guide?page=6
- ↑ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Geronimo-Jacks-Beard/166204864418?v=feed&story_fbid=113724458640030&ref=mf
- ↑ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Geronimo-Jacks-Beard/166204864418?v=feed&story_fbid=110540768975953&ref=mf