Mailer advertising the symphony
The Lost Symphony is a symphonic work for orchestra composed by Michael Giacchino which incorporates passages and themes from the musical score of Lost. Unlike the scaled-down orchestra that is used on the show, the symphony is arranged for a full orchestra, comprising more than 70 musicians. The character themes are slightly modified, and some of the musical pieces have been expanded from how they appear on the show.
World premiere event
The world premiere of The Lost Symphony Image credit: Ryan Ozawa 
The world premiere of The Lost Symphony was performed by the Honolulu Symphony Toyota Pops on September 22, 2007 at the Waikiki Shell in Honolulu, Hawaii. The orchestra was conducted by Tim Simonec and, for two songs at the end, Giacchino.
Terry O'Quinn, who plays John Locke, joined the musicians on stage to provide narration throughout the concert. He read "Messages from the Bottle", specially written by Carlton Cuse, Damon Lindelof, and writer assistant Monica Henderson. A video montage of Lost was also shown on a large screen above the orchestra, created specially for the event by the show's editors. The stage was decorated with items relating to the show, including palm fronds, pieces of luggage, and a large section of the Oceanic Flight 815 plane. Tickets ranged from US $36 to $94. According to "Season 4 Arrives!" of Lost: The Official Magazine, this performance was planned to appear on the Season 4 DVD set. However on the DVD set there is just short documentary of the concert including only bits and pieces of the actual performance.
1. "Lost" Main Theme
2. "Solitary" (Sayid, Boone and Shannon's Theme)
3. "Live Together, Die Alone" (Kate, Sawyer and Jack's Theme)
4. "Monsters Are Such Innnteresting People"
5. "Island Love Themes" (Claire and Charlie, Sun and Jin, and Rose and Bernard's Themes)
6. "UnLocke'd Potential" (Locke's Theme)
7. "The Others"
8. "Peace Through Superior Firepower"
9. "Take a Hike" ("Hollywood and Vines")
10. "Dharmacide" (Ben's Theme)
11. "Travels with Hugo" (Hurley's Theme)
12. "Devotion" (Mr. Eko and Desmond's Theme)
13. "Ocean's Apart" (Juliet's Theme)
14. "Under the Knife"
15. "Parting Words"
- Official press release
- Honululu Star Bulletin - Sept 17, 2007 news article
- Honululu Star Bulletin - Sept 21, 2007 news article featuring the program
- Supercw blog - entry with video of the event