|Main Article||Theories about|
The Lost Experience
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
The game was running concurrently in the US, Australia, and the UK; since the UK broadcasts of Season 2 began on the same day as the game, it was unlikely that any major secrets about the Island would be revealed. The Lost Experience lasted for the whole of the Season 2 UK broadcasts, finishing the day before the UK premiere of "Live Together, Die Alone, Part 1" was broadcast.
- However, because the show has been referenced by in-game characters there could be clues to the game included in the show (but presumably only up to the most recent episode shown in the UK).
- The Lost Experience was initially hyped as offering a parallel story to Lost, so TV fans would not need to play the game to follow the story. However as TLE has progressed, it has revealed key information about the backstory of DHARMA, Alvar Hanso, and the island. It is unclear how Season 3 will incorporate this information.
- Though it seems a lot of this information is still secondary to the show. The events of The Lost Experience are two years ahead of LOST the TV series, so it is possible that the game is almost a sequel which gives clues for the existing show and share some characters (like Alvar Hanso) but events in one may not effect the other.
The true purpose of The Lost Experience appeared to be making advertising more interesting: see this article at CNNMoney.com. This may also explain why the UK and Australian TV stations were so keen to participate.
Alternative reality games are based on the assumption that the events could all be real, but the game had a number of inconsistencies that have yet to be explained:
- If Lost was based on real events, as Rachel Blake claims and the publication of Bad Twin suggests, how could it have been debuted on the same day as the plane crash?
- Why was Rachel Blake promoting the Hanso Group owned apollocandy.com to her followers?
- How had Rachel Blake been able to embed glyphs in advertisements for Jeep and Sprite?