Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Last to Know" is an orchestral piece on the Season 2 soundtrack and Sun and Jin's love theme. The theme contains seven simple piano chords (i - VI - VII - III - VI - v7 - V), sometimes with iv replacing the second chord and/or a melody playing in the strings.
Sun informs Jin of her pregnancy, revealing "The whole truth": her fertility doctor told her that Jin is sterile. Jin, however, does not suspect Sun of infidelity. Instead, he proclaims that a miracle has occurred.
Full list of appearances
"The Last to Know" and its variations appear in the following scenes:
- Sun finds her lost wedding ring. In a flashback, she meets Jin for the first time. ("...And Found")
- Sun and Jin wake up after a night together. ("What Kate Did")
- Sun and Jin talk about obedience. ("The Hunting Party")
- Sun tells Jin she is pregnant though he is sterile. ("The Whole Truth")
- Sun and Jin work on the garden together. ("The Whole Truth")
- Sun and Jin talk on the Elizabeth. ("The Glass Ballerina")
- In a Previously on Lost recap, a fertility doctor tells Sun that she is incapable of having children. Sun finds out that she is pregnant. ("D.O.C.")
- In the present, Sun looks out over the ocean. In the past, Sun goes to visit Mr. Kwon. ("D.O.C.")
- Mr. Kwon tells her not to tell Jin about his mother. ("D.O.C.")
- Sun tells Juliet about her affair. ("D.O.C.")
- Juliet begins the sonogram on Sun. ("D.O.C.")
- Jin discovers the money Sun got from her father. ("D.O.C.")
- Juliet tells Sun Jin is the father. ("D.O.C.")
- Later, Sun thanks Juliet for the news. ("D.O.C.")
- Sun lies to Jin about Juliet's tape. ("Greatest Hits")
- Sun and Michael almost kiss. ("Buried Secrets")
- Jin and Sun discuss living in America. ("Eggtown")
- Sun and Jin agree not to discuss baby names. ("Ji Yeon")
- Sun and Jin board the freighter. ("There's No Place Like Home, Part 1")
- Jin runs to catch up to the helicopter as it takes off. ("There's No Place Like Home, Part 3")
- Sun talks to her daughter on the phone. ("This Place Is Death")
- Sun finds Charlie's ring. In a flashback, she and Jin marry. ("The Incident, Part 1")
- Jin guides a group to the Temple wall. ("LA X, Part 2")
Jin and Sun reunite after three years apart. ("The Last Recruit")
- Ilana tells Sun Jin is probably at the temple. ("The Substitute")
- Sun tells Jack that all she wants is to find Jin and get off the Island. ("The Package")
- Sun and Jin reunite after a 3 year, 29 episode absence. ("The Last Recruit")
- They talk in the polar bear cage. ("The Candidate")
- Juliet gives Sun a sonogram. ("The End")
Variations on "The Last to Know" include "Bobbing for Freighters", "Deadly Fertility", "Ji Yeon", "Pagoda of Shame", "Reunion And Reneging", "Shepharding Sun", "SS Lost-tanic" and "Ultrasonic Flash". The Kahana theme "Time and Time Again" also seems to borrow the piece's theme.
Jin is "the last to know" about Sun's pregnancy — after Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Bernard and others. Jack also refers to how Jin was the last to know she spoke English. "Know" is an anagram of Jin and Sun's surname, "Kwon".