| Theories may be removed if ...
- Stated as questions or possibilities (avoid question marks, "Maybe", "I think", etc).
- More appropriate for another article.
- Illogical or previously disproven.
- Proven by canon source, and moved to main article.
- Speculative and lacking any evidence to support arguments.
- Responding to another theory (use discussion page instead).
- This does not include responses that can stand alone as its own theory.
- Usage of an indented bullet does not imply the statement is a response.
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
Locke and Eko
Many fans believe the relationship between Locke and Eko mirrors that of Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
- Locke is Gilgamesh.
- Mr. Eko is Enkidu.
- The "Monster" is Humbaba.
- The adversarial relationship between Locke and Eko parallels Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
- Enkidu and Gilgamesh eventually become friends and destroy the guardian of the forest (the Monster).
- They also destroy the great bull of heaven after which Enkidu Dies.
- Gilgamesh's mourning causes him to seek knowledge of immortality from the only survivors of the ancient world before the flood.
- Gilgamesh and Enkidu are guided by prophetic dreams.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.