"The Door" is the fan name given to a set of two metal doors, with a DHARMA Initiative logo on them, seen in the episodes "Three Minutes" and "Live Together, Die Alone". The Door is located below a remarkable rock formation next to the coast and was thought to be the entrance to another DHARMA Initiative station. Yet, when the Door was later opened by Sayid (see list of station explorers), he discovered that there was only solid rock wall behind it. While the Door was used as part of a deception by the Others against Michael, its original purpose, if it even had one, is unknown. The Door was first seen by Michael when he was kidnapped by the Others and brought to the decoy village. At that time it was guarded by two armed Others.
The Door being guarded by two Others. ("Three Minutes")
The Door is located within the Others' decoy village. Michael was held here for several days after being kidnapped by the Others.
When Sayid entered the village however, he discovered it was abandoned.
It was believed that the door was an abandoned DHARMA Initiative station that construction began on, but was not completed because of flooding. This is based off the blast door map.
|Picture||Name||First visit||Last visit||Reason for Visit|
|Sayid||"Live Together, Die Alone"||"Live Together, Die Alone"||Visited the station, and was the only person shown to open the doors, only to find a rock wall behind them.|
- The Door was found and photographed by local residents of Hawaii, including Lost podcaster Ryan Ozawa, before the episode "Three Minutes" aired.
- The rectangle appears to be a golden rectangle, a mathematical ratio which is common in art, architecture, and nature.
- The logo hasn't been seen anywhere else on the show.
- One of the Others guarding the Door in "Three Minutes" is portrayed by Bob G., a background cast member who also played a background tail section survivor in "The Other 48 Days".
- For fan theories about these unanswered questions, see: The Door/Theories
- Who constructed the Door and what is its purpose?
- Was the logo designed by the Others or DHARMA?
- Is the real "Door station" behind the rock wall?
- Additional photos by haynbuckeye