The "new" Others Edit
New Meta-template Edit
I've changed this template to use the meta-template: Template:Nav-MultiRowTemplate. If this works without any complaints, I'd like to change other multi-row templates to all use this same meta-template. I've noticed some of the multi-row templates on the site were messed up, so I thought making and using a simpler-to-use meta-template would help clean it all up. --Dagg 23:04, 10 November 2006
Is Colleen (or however her name is spelt) really a prominant other?--THE MONSTER
- She had more than two lines, so yes. She also had a pretty big part in the storyline. 08:09, 20 January 2007 (PST)
She appeared in like 2 episodes and then died, I really don't think that's main. If Artz is a redshirt she should be too and therefore not a prominant other. THE MONSTER .
- A prominent character is not the same as a main character. While Coleen may have only appeared in 2 episodes her role among the other was clear. Although she was not the leader she was high ranking enough to be in charge of the team that was to capture the sail boat, which apparently was a very important task. Artz however was different. He was a minor character who did not do much but all of sudden jumped into the main group and was then killed off quickly. This makes him a redshirt, yes. However Coleen had apparently been high ranking and was not a minor other who jumped up and was killed. Do you see the difference? I'm sorry, I'm terrible at explaining things but hopefully I got my point across.--Mr.Leaf 12:05, 21 January 2007 (PST)
- O.K sorry I get it now and you're not terrible at explaining things Leafy. :-) THE MONSTER .
Room 23 Edit
Should we add Room 23 under locations?
Is Karl really still considered a minor other? Even though we are likely to be seeing much more of him now and such? --lewisg 09:28, 10 February 2007 (PST)
- He's obviously something to do with The Others. Until we can give him another group name I suppose! -- 09:33, 10 February 2007 (PST)
- Oooo no I didn't mean remove him completely, I meant add him to the major others part like Alex? --lewisg 09:35, 10 February 2007 (PST)
- As it stands, he's minor. As he is going over to live with the Losties, do we eventually include him in the survivors. -- 09:38, 10 February 2007 (PST)
- Nah i wouldn't have thought so, depends on how he got to the island really, 'cos hes not exactly a survivor as we know him is he. But hes got to have some story. --lewisg 15:19, 10 February 2007 (PST)
- I think Karl should be considered a mjor Other. He's done more than Goodwin and yet Goodwin is a major other and Karl is a minor other. --Mr. Crabby (Talk) 13:07, 12 February 2007 (PST)
- Karl should be a major Other. He has done more than Colleen.
road map is not Others Edit
Some of these items are more DHARMA than Others. Maybe they should have dual billing - a seperate nav bar for DHARMA stuff too. In any case, the road map is DHARMA only. It has never come into contact with the Others, it was found in the DHARMA van by Sawyer. --Jackdavinci 21:57, 13 April 2007 (PDT)
Added Mitellos Bioscience line to this, with Herarat Aviation, Richard Alpert, Ethan Rom, Juliet Burke, and Diana in the line. Thought this was necessary considering the obvious affiliation between Mittelos and the Others. Feel free to add and edit. (Isolation815 19:53, 4 June 2007 (PDT))
Mikhail's status Edit
He used to be on his own in an "uncertain" status, but it was a little unclear what this meant - "uncertain that he was an Other" or "uncertain that he was dead or alive"? I moved him to the "deceased" section for now, as it was clear that the intention was for us (and to the Losties when they find out) to think, for now at least, that he is dead. However, I left "uncertain" in brackets next to his name to signify that "it is uncertain that he is absolutely, definitely deceased". Just a small change for clarity's sake that I hope offends no-one.--Andyroo316 18:43, 1 July 2007 (PDT)
Per "There's No Place Like Home, Part 2", should Ben be moved from the prominent section to the expelled section? Locke replaced him as the "field leader" of the Others and the Island will not let him return.--Tim Thomason 19:00, 30 May 2008 (PDT)
Personally I think we should remove this section and sort those dead into Prominent and Minor sections, as the Survivors and Freighters templates do not feature a "Deceased" section. The way it is now someone like Aldo seems as significant to the show as Tom. -- Benjamin Linus is Not a Horse, 31 May 2008
- I agree. Otherwise the italicizing seems a little redundant.--Tim Thomason 16:24, 31 May 2008 (PDT)
- I sorted the basics out. I'll leave it to everyone else to squabble about whether or not a character constitutes as prominent or minor. -- Benjamin Linus is Not a Horse
Moving Cindy to ProminentEdit
- She has appeared in multiple episodes as an other, and had dialog. If Ryan Pryce and Colleen Pickett can be Prominent, so can Cindy. Illyrias Acolyte 16:54, February 3, 2010 (UTC)