Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sorry but I honestly don't see why this should be a separate article. The change was not discussed, and no concenus was reached. My reasons are stated here, and I even said that we should discuss the split before making it, but it was ignored. If we're going by this rule, then the Orchid greenhouse should have a separate article too. I would probably agree to an article about what is under the Temple, but again I don't see why it couldn't be on the same article.--Baker1000 17:18, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- The main motivation to have two different articles is to reflect the format of the other stations like The Pearl/? and the Swan/hatch which are all separate articles. In each case, the entrance (wall, hatch, ?) was found a significant amount of time before the discovery of the actual station, and there was a significant amount of information about the entrance itself, in each case meriting its own article. This case is no different, and the format should remain the same.-- 17:05, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Don't Merge The Temple Wall and The Temple are not part of the same structure. In fact, the Temple is a half mile beyond the wall. I think it is reasonable to create two articles, as the two structures are different and serve different purposes. --Gluphokquen Gunih ▲ 22:30, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
- Don't Merge I obviously agree that these should be two seperate articles, and I seperated them primarily because The Hatch and Swan have separate articles, as well as The ? and The Pearl. I don't think the Greenhouse and The Orchid should be seperated, however, because the greenhouse actually is the orchid, there's just more of the station hidden below. However, The Wall and The Temple are two seperate locations seperated by half a mile, and we've never seen and know almost nothing about the actual temple. These facts alone definately warrant two seperate artciles.--Roobydo 00:59, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
- Merge I see the point about the DHARMA stations having two different articles but the temple and the wall are in my opinion more linked, and since we have so little information about either of them, having it all in one place would be wiser until the Temple is seen itself (if it is...) --User:Figg 2nd May 2009
- I have a "feeling" we'll learn a bit more about the temple next week.-- 14:12, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- I agree, Roobydo. I think this discussion should be put on hold till at least next Wednesday if not till the finale. --LOST-The Cartographer 14:49, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- Exactly, we obviously get some answers in the next two weeks. Merge articles after we are brought inside.
- Merge I am strongly for merging. The Temple page looks bare as because they have only gone to the wall, it seems a poor choice.. --Integrated (User / Talk) 01:02, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- Don't Merge They definitely ought to be separate - The Temple's perimeter wall is separated from the actual structure by quite a distance. It's not unreasonable to have two articles for the two areas given their different natures, purposes and, above all, locations. Fnool 02:34, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
after over a month, we still haven't seen the temple, and the 'don't merges' have a consensus. I'm removing the Merge nomination until we learn more about the temple and the temple wall.-- 16:45, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hold on a moment, a consensus has certainly not been reached here. It's 3 votes each, if you count the fact that I nominated it (which means I vote for merge. Ben actually refers to the hole in the ground as "the cavern under the Temple" not "the cavern under the Temple Wall". We'll have to leave it until Season 6 when we find out more, but I still think this should all be under a single article.--Baker1000 19:26, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- two things:(1)sorry about missing your vote, I just counted the vote icons, and (2) now we know that there are tunnels under a good deal of the island, and it's probable that Ben and "Locke" traveled the half mile and were under the actual temple. With that said, there is no evidence that what we've seen is the temple on Ben's map.-- 16:30, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- Merge because of of Ben's remark. --LOST-Hunter61 07:48, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- Merge - it's the wall around the Temple so makes sense to merge these documents. Richard went here to heal young Ben, Ben's judgement by the Monster in the tunnels (possibly beneath the Temple), etc. Precedent is the Hydra Station where a large number of buildings above and below ground are all listed together. Spiral77 19:46, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
I recently changed the purpose from unknown to perimeter for the temple [sic]. But yet again, someone has objections against it. But it's seems obviuos that the purpose of the temple wall is to secure the temple - like any other wall. So, why not? --Asian_Dawn 14:35, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- You're right. Ben even addressed this question when they came to the wall in 5x12 ('Dead is Dead'). --LOST-The Cartographer 20:06, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- To quote Ben exactly "It's the wall around our Temple." and "We built this wall to keep people like the two of you from ever seeing it." It seems obvious to me that the purpose is as a perimeter for the Temple, and to keep unwanted Islanders getting to it. Ben even confirms it, so I don't know why it has been changed. I say change it back and refer to this discussion.--Baker1000 23:30, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
Moving a big portion of the article to "The Tunnels"
There has been a lot of speculation as to whether or not the tunnels beneath The Temple Wall were part of The Tunnels or not. In the latest issue of Lost: The Official Magazine, "Night Terrors", there is an entire article about The Tunnels, which includes two images of the entrance beneath The Temple Wall, one of which says "This is the entrance into the tunnels, below the wall." This confirms that the tunnels below The Temple Wall, are, in fact, part of The Tunnels. As such, it seems that most of the information about the tunnels below The Temple Wall should be moved to the "The Tunnels" page. It's a pretty big move, so I wanted to make sure everyone was clear about why. Obviously, any concerns can be discussed here. £乚ב○艹Ю Zholmboe Talk 03:03, October 20, 2009 (UTC)