Following on from the Michael Emerson and Rebecca Mader interviews, we have now managed to secure an interview with Jorge Garcia, who, of course, plays Hurley. It's clear that there are going to be a lot of questions for Jorge. So, not everyone's question will be answered - don't take it personally, it's just bound to happen. Also, I have a limit of 15-20 questions, so it goes without saying that some will have to be omitted.
Also, try and steer clear of questions that are strictly plot-related (i.e. will Hurley get back to the Island? What are Ben's plans? etc, etc) because the cast have made it perfectly clear in prior interviews that they are not told ahead of time what is going to happen. Try and ask a question that no journalist would ever think to answer - perhaps about his experiences on the show, the process of filming a Lost episode, how he gets into and prepares for his role, and other things like that. In essence, the real gritty questions that you have always wanted answered. And, also, please try (if you can) to not ask questions that have already been asked –it just makes things easier when it comes to collating the questions.
You have until July 12 to submit questions for Jorge. :)--03:59, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- Please submit your questions under here.--
03:59, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- You once said in an interview you had a pretty close personality to Hurley's. (I believe it was at the Museum of Television and Radio). What are your similiarities to Hurley? And what are your differences? --Blueeagleislander 06:42, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- In the fourth season, Hurley's character has changed dramatically -- from happy-go-lucky comic relief that everyone loved into a dark, mysterious, and troubled loner who seems to hold major significance in the off-island story. As an actor, what was that transition like? --michael_is_NOT_in_the_coffin 07:23, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- In a number of episodes, Hurley is mocked (mostly by Sawyer) about his weight, and indeed for Hurley too it seems to play a big influence on his self-concept and esteem. As making an issue out of a character's physical appearance obviously directly relates to the actor, did the writers just script it quite irreverantly or did they tip-toe around the subject and speak to you about it first to make sure you wouldn't be offended in any way? --Nickb123 (Talk) 07:33, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- Are you disappointed that Hurley never got a chance to confront Michael over Libby's death? -- 08:21, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- In the future, Hurley chats with dead people. If you could bring back one actor who has already left the show to become a regular again, who would it be and why?
- Where do you think Hurley's mental status is at the moment in relation to seeing the dead. Do you think he's actually insane, or do you think he's special and that this is his power (similar to Walt's astral projection)? -- 08:21, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- So far in the show, Hurley has only gotten four flashback episodes (and one flashforward). If there are more flashbacks, what part of Hurley's backstory would you most like to see uncovered?
- Sawyer jumped out of the helicopter in "There's No Place Like Home," in order to keep Hurley from doing the same, showing the development in their friendship. Do you feel like Sawyer has become the "replacement" Charlie for Hurley, or do you feel it was always a love/hate relationship? -- 08:21, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- Do you like to portray such a cheerful and funny character, Hugo "Hurley" Reyes? --Mr.AFAN 09:11, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- What was your favorite moment from season four? -- 09:26, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- How would you react/feel if the writers decided to off your character?
- If asked to go back, do you think Hurley would willingly return to the island, considering his current state in the real world? -- 09:26, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- What's your favourite episode and why? --Ryan76el 11:28, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- Have you ever been surprised at something you've seen on the show that you didn't know about while filming? AmberA 18:49, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- Was driving the Dharma van as much fun as it looked? -HeckYes 20:23, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- What do you feel has been the defining moment of Hurley's storyline thus far? -- 20:26, 3 July 2008 (PDT)
- The Hurley on the video game has to be the scaryest thing ever! What do you think about the game as you are a big video games fan? --Rbfskywalker 07:59, 4 July 2008 (PDT)
- Is it true that you where the first actor to be cast?--Rbfskywalker 08:13, 4 July 2008 (PDT)
- Do you enjoy acting on the island, in flashbacks or falshforwards more? --Rbfskywalker 08:13, 4 July 2008 (PDT
- Have the producers told you anything, about the future of Hurley, or perhaps, the future of anything, that we, the viewer, may not know yet? Of course, I don't want to know what it is, but do you know anything?--Lostfan94 00:13, 5 July 2008 (PDT)
- While obviously only one actor knows how the series will end, what type of ending for Hurley would you want?--Lostfan94 00:20, 5 July 2008 (PDT)
- Did you ever think you were in coffin in at the end of season 3, or did the producers tell you ahead of time that you were'nt? After learning Hurley was one of the oceanic six, who did you believe to be in the coffin, if you were'nt aleady told.--Lostfan94 00:20, 5 July 2008 (PDT)
- The candy bar scene from Cabin Fever has been hailed by fans as unconventionally funny as well as quite sincere. What do you think this scene meant, character-wise? -- 09:34, 6 July 2008 (PDT)
- If Hurley is destined to die in the next two seasons, how would you like him to go? -- 09:34, 6 July 2008 (PDT)
- I've always thought this, but no agrees with me: do you think Rebecca Mader is attractive? wnvoss 16:02, 6 July 2008 (PDT)
- If you could play someone else apart from Hurly, then who would it be?--Rbfskywalker 07:43, 7 July 2008 (PDT)
- How does it feel playing the character that everyones loves? Emmy108 06:31,July 7 2008 (PDT)
- How does it feel to go down in history with the greatest show of all time? As an actor where would you like to take your career after Lost? Do you ever watch the show when an episode is finally cut and completed, if so, how does it feel to see those scenes from a 3rd person perspective? -J
- What is your least favorite thing about Lost? Is there anything you dislike about the show and/or the process of making it?
- What was your favorite show growing up? What/who influenced you personally to begin acting?
- Which character do you think is the most "interesting" or has the most backstory? BirdPhobia 05:06, 12 July 2008 (PDT)
- Hurley has been "chased" by "The Numbers", on the show. Have you ever payed attention to those numbers, or maybe wondered what do they mean? Will we found out, in the following seasons, the meaning of them?