Unless there are a number of other Rays I'm forgetting, I don't see why this can't just be moved to Ray. The only other Ray so far has a last name. Why not just put a note on the top with a link to the other one?--Pyramidhead 01:49, 26 April 2008 (PDT)
- AGREE. Rename to Ray, w/ disambig. for other, less important, flashback Ray (who we'll probably never see again).
- AGREE. I agree with the above statement with the use of disambig. for the other Ray, this one is clearly more important to the storyline as of now.
- AGREE - same as above. --CTS 13:59, 27 April 2008 (PDT)
- Disagree since Ray is currently a serviceable disambiguation page and despite his single-episode appearance, farmer Ray still has a much bigger overall role in the story of Lost than the doctor has had. Farmer Ray turned Kate in for a reward. What has Doctor Ray done? Administer a sedative? Show some people to their rooms? Show up dead on a beach? He has been much more of a fulfillment of a requirement for a role than an actual character. Robert K S (talk) 15:09, 27 April 2008 (PDT)
- As I understood it, the only reason to use a disambiguation page is for multiple pages that would otherwise have the same title. As of now, there would be two pages: Ray Mullen and Ray. What's the problem? --Pyramidhead 18:26, 27 April 2008 (PDT)
- Disagree. Lets wait till season 4 is over and see if he gets a last name (or hell, maybe even first name). danhm 16:12, 3 May 2008 (PDT)
- Disagree Needs to include doctor as many people won't be familiar with his name.Matthew7785 04:25, 5 May 2008 (PDT)
- Why wouldn't people be familiar with his name ? According to the transcript for The Constant, the name Ray is mentionned 6 times in dialogue, while Ray Mullen's name is only mentionned twice (in dialogue) in the transcript for Tabula Rasa. --LeoChris 14:18, 5 May 2008 (PDT)
- AGREE - He is like the only doctor named Ray.... and Jack's page isn't called Jack (doctor) or Sawyer's page isn't called Sawyer (con man) --♥meggie ~ Talk & contribs 09:54, 18 May 2008 (PDT)
- That's not the issue here. There aren't two Jacks
or two Sawyers. There are two Rays. Robert K S (talk) 19:18, 18 May 2008 (PDT) Well, technically, there are two Sawyers. But one of them is a character who was never really referred to as such on the show. Robert K S (talk) 19:20, 18 May 2008 (PDT)
- Agree - For all the reasons above --Phil (talk) 10:06, 18 May 2008 (PDT)
- Agree - rename to just Ray, slap a see also Ray Mullen on the top of this thing and we're good to go. Doc Ray has more prominence, being in more eps, than Mullen. -- 19:56, 18 May 2008 (PDT)
- Is greater episode count the determinant of prominance? Doc Ray was never given a backstory or any character development. No character had any emotional attachment--or repulsion--to him. He delivered a few lines and was gone. He didn't even have a surname. When we look back on the story of Lost, who's going to be the more important Ray? I think it's too early to tell. Robert K S (talk) 20:49, 18 May 2008 (PDT)
- Agree: Episode count does signify importance, or at least a greater role in the show. But importance is not the issue. The answer to this problem is easy: rename the page, and then have a little "If you are looking for the farmer who turned Kate in (or whatever), see Ray Mullen." Problem solved. -- 16:20, 6 June 2008 (PDT)
- Agree- Change his name to Ray or Doctor Ray (or Dr. Ray).--Mistertrouble189 18:57, 15 June 2008 (PDT)
It's now stated in the main article that he was killed on Day 96 and that his body washed up on the beach on Day 97. If this is what we're stating as fact, then surely what that means is that while time passes at the same rate on and off the island, the island's radio link to the boat is timeshifted by a day or so? Sorry if I missed it, but I've never seen that theory around before. Isn't the more prominant theory that the Doc's body was sent back in time as it floated towards the island? And even if it isn't, how can we know either for sure? My point is, we shouldn't be stating things like that as fact in a timeline context when we aren't sure.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Stoko (talk • contribs) .
- Agree we need to sandardize all of the X (Y)-named articles, for characters that appear/are mentioned in one episode only we would use the episode's name for (Y), and for the characters that appear in more than one episode we would use the name of the group they belong to for (Y) (such as Diane (Other), Jeff (freighter crew), Mike (DHARMA Initiative) etc.). Ray had a recurring role in Season 4 so he should be renamed to Ray (freighter crew)]].Orhan94 18:18, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
The doctor is fineEdit
So when Daniel was calling the freighter in the Shape of Things to Come, the doctor wasn't dead. But on the Island, he was already dead. Do we need to edit that by On the freighter.--Station7 20:49, December 31, 2009 (UTC)