How do you create a newpage on Lostpedia? For an item or character etc? 01lander 02:25, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
- Please keep this talk section limited to discussion about the Main Page. If you need help, there are Help or Lostpedia namespace talk pages where you can ask for it, or leave a message on the talk page of a veteran user or sysop. In a nutshell, the way to start an article is to type the name of that article into the search bar, click on the redlinked name of the article, and start editing. You may want to copy and paste the content over from a similar article as a template. See also LP:GU#Creating_new_articles. 04:30, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
I would like to personally thank who ever made the decision to semi-protect the site due to the upcoming finale spoilers. Last year I accidently read Locke was in the coffin on here because a vandal posted it. It's such a relief that I can come on this site and not worry about spoilers!--Baker1000 19:36, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
I propose a mass correction of when Daniel's name appears as "Daniel Faraday" or "Faraday"; I think it seems really odd that his name appears in full in articles, as opposed to say, Kate, Ben or Charlotte. 01lander 02:23, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
Seems really stupid they killed Charlotte off before the character arrived at DHARMA, would've been good for character development, and they could've had a double death of her and Daniel! 01lander 02:23, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- This discussion would be better suited for the Lostpedia Forums or a user blog. This page is solely for the discussion of the main page. --Blueeagleislander 09:27, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
Since Daniel's death, the "We'll be your constant" slogan seems kind of outdated for me. Could we change it to something more currently related like, "We'll make things the way they're supposed to be"? WeirdAl 13:44, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- Well, that's a bit long isn't it. Constants aren't necessarily out of the show either. --Blueeagleislander 08:37, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- I don't see the need to change it. Maybe we'll do something new for next year, but variable/constant are still in play for the finale. - 21:43, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
- Constants haven't really be mentioned for a while though. Perhaps something relating to the question of fate vs free will which the show seems to be focusing on at the moment would be better suited. Something like "Whatever happened, happened here". It's not the best example but something along those lines would do. --DharmaInitiative 00:50, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- Even though constants were mentioned recently in "The Variable", I still consider the idea of a person needing a constant to be outdated and specific only to the one episode in Season 4, even moreso after Faraday's comment that it's not just about the constants, it's about the variables (regardless of whether or not he's right). I think we should start taking suggestions for a new slogan. I'm not very creative when it comes to creating catchy slogans, so I hope someone else can come up with a good one, but I'll just mention my own suggestion anyway: "This is how you'll find the Island." --Celebok 02:27, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- Because it's really good and creative. And for people that aren't happy with it, Jacob's quote "They're coming" could be placed around LP, like "Destiny Calls" last year and "The wait is over" the year before that, well at least until the official season 6 slogan isn't revealed. But "We'll be your constant" should stay as a slogan for Lostpedia, unlike the other ones which are slogans for Lost. --Orhan94 20:13, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- Although the only slogan I could remember is the current one, I highly support making a new one. Actually I disagree with the opinion to make a new one next year, since the hiatus period until next season's beginning would be perfect for marketing & spreading a new slogan. That being said, if a new slogan isn't required to be a strictly spoken phrase in the show, I would suggest using something that revolves around the word "loophole", which I suppose perfectly describes next season's major plot. Something around "We are LOST's loophole!", or maybe better put: "We're the loophole!". — Iimitk T C 20:35, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- I like the idea of a new slogan, but we need some better suggestions. "We're the good guys" Maybe? -- 12:51, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Regardless of whether or not constants are no longer on the show, the term applies to Lostpedia too well to change it. -- 03:23, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Lostpedia will be MY constant (and everyone's) over the hiatus, so please keep. :) DharmaAndWreck 10:39, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
Why when I click the number in "Currently 5,560 articles dedicated to ABC's hit TV show Lost" does it no longer give me the option to see which pages are new? I used the list of new pages frequently to try and help fledgling articles. --Gluphokquen Gunih ▲ 15:37, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- I don't know why it no longer shows up on that page. However, there is now a link to Special:NewPages at the top of Recent Changes.--Baker1000 19:31, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
Next on Lost: Ireland
could some one update the next on Lost section for Ireland please? The season 5 finale airs on Sunday May 16th at 8:05pm on RTÉ 2, not 9:00 pm as listed (http://www.rte.ie/tv/lost/). Also, the recap "a journey in time" airs Saturday 15th May at 11:55pm (as listed in local tv guide)(By the way this applies to RTÉ 2 only , not Sky One) (Niall88 12:08, 14 May 2009 (UTC)) 14 May 2009.
Problems with the front page
Several things on the page such as the info on upcoming episodes in other countries were moved from the far right where they normally are to another spot where it makes it impossable to read the Lost news section. Could someone fix it?
Smoke Monster Gets his Own Show
Saw this on The Onion today, kinda funny :) We should put it up as a link, I think the community would get a kick out of it...
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/smoke_monster_from_lost_given_own?utm_source=a-section Peppercopia 01:21, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, somebody suggested it on Lostpedia:Recommend a News Item already. But I agree, it would be a perfect light-hearted news item as we settle in to the hiatus. Btw, earlier today I added it to Outside references to Lost#Onion, The (Internet satire). :) -- 01:36, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
Hello, I have the "actual length" for each of the episodes that is missing one on their chart. Would you like me to update it myself or would you like me to post the times here? I have written down the lengths for every episode missed (from Par Avion to The Incident, Parts 1 & 2, in addition to Solitary, which I already added). I also have all the lengths for the Missing Pieces (with or without the title sequence), and am currently trying to get the times for the recaps. DarknessLord 00:29, 10 June 2009 (UTC) I have gotten the lengths of roughly half of the clip shows. If anyone could tell me where I could watch Lost: The Journey, Destination Lost, Lost: Revelation, Lost: Reckoning, The Lost Survival Guide, and Lost Survivor Guide, I would greatly appreciate it. DarknessLord 01:27, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
You know what, I'll put them up myself. DarknessLord 19:26, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
Disney World Attraction: The Lost Island
- Hey, I was thinking this would be a neat main page item. Here!--JinxTalk Contribs 22:00, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, it's a hoax. -- 22:33, 23 June 2009 (UTC)
Inter wiki Language
Please can someone add a link to the arabic version of lostpedia in the languague box. just by typing [[ar:]] in the bottom of the source. Elhosni 22:28, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
Comic Con Coverage
I know Lostpedia has its own blog for this kind of stuff, but could we put something up covering most of the stuff that went down at comic con? Big stuff was revealed. --Uncertainty 17:36, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
In case this hasn't already been mentioned (I didn't find it in a quick search), it looks like Lost is coming to Hulu tomorrow: http://twitter.com/hulu
The clue for the new show for Monday is 220904, the original air date (and maybe crash date?) of Lost. Passingthrough 00:55, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- And I just checked hulu. Looks like they're putting it up presently. The episodes aren't accessible from the main page yet, but you can get to them if you follow a couple of links. Whatever is available should be accessible from here: http://www.hulu.com/watch/86656/lost-the-incident-part-1#s-p1-sr-i0 Passingthrough 04:24, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
Spoiler Removed Also a contest where people write scripts for season 6 would be a great idea who ever is in charge will post a theme or general story line and people will send their scripts in then we start a new episode based off of that script and so on for 12 to 16 episodes. We can make our own ending!
I have proposed this idea to as many admins as possible but I need you guys to help. Please ask the admin about this idea.
here is the email I wrote
Dearest Sam McPherson,
One of the more recent messages on the discussion board has announced a Portuguese fan fic contest of sorts for Season 6 hiatus. Unfortunately I and a few other Lostpedia users are not Portuguese nor do we speak the language. And though I would love to learn this lovely language (and it is quite lovely) by the time I mastered it Season 6 would be over and we would be half way through the reality spin off series Jack and Locke plus 8 (I know Kate would have been the obvious choice but I would much rather watch this show). But I digress, I think it would be great if Lostpedia had its own fan fic contest. Hec if the Portuguese can do it why not us. Of course this is up to you Oh great and powerful Administrator. There would be rules of course, such as
No Explicit material (As much as I would like to see the Smoke monster and the Polar Bear get it on it is just not the right time.)
The scripts will follow the same story line (Wouldn't want to see Jack die and then come back to life and then die again, there is already enough of that in the show.)
The scripts will also follow the season 6 rules which means no time travel or flash backs/forwards (This is up to you, I personally think it is better this way but you might enjoy the occasional flash back)
- this also means that the story line of the previous winning script must be followed in the next one.
Lastly, it would be good if we also added the runner ups so people can see some great scripts that just didn't make it.
I don't know if you have already seen this idea or not, I wouldn't be surprised if some one already proposed it. But still keep this into consideration. You can change the rules if you want to they were just a suggestion.
E-mail me back if you like/hate the idea, even if it is just to tell me you would rather shoot yourself than go along with it. Yours truly, Michael Bardon BenKilledDharma firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with "They're Coming" and "Destiny Found", another cool one would be "It Only Ends Once", i.e. Jacob's line from the opening scene of The Incident. Just a suggestion, that's probably the tagline I'll use for my series finale party. Burnside65 01:07, October 18, 2009 (UTC)
- Cool idea, might save it for finale week though. :) --Blueeagleislander 01:55, October 18, 2009 (UTC)
Only me or..?
It's only me, or strange codes are appearing on the page? I think they're unfuncional tags, like mainpage-leftcolumn-start, nowiki and this kind of thing. The page gets all wrong 'cause they don't work. It just happens when I'm not logged in. (Stuff like: UNIQ42435e1119ad814e-mainpage-leftcolumn-start-00000000-QINU). --A.new.way 22:52, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
- It happens to me too, even when logged in. I thought it was because I'm using Lostbook still, but it is like it on Monaco too. On Lostbook the tabs at the top of the page are tiny, and the sidebar menu is missing. I hope it gets fixed soon. I did try to report a problem on the page too but for some reason that doesn't do anything.--Baker1000 23:29, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
- I saw iot on FlashForward and on another wiki on Wikia. The solution, at least on FF, was to edit the main page and save it (no changes required). For that we a Lostpedia Admin.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 00:29, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
I agree with you Baker1000, I have the same to.--Station7 06:42, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
- The problem is gone on Flashforward and Avatar. A rep from Wikia admitted it's was a bug. I repeat: Any Admin, edit the page and save it. Even if I'm wrong, what doers it hurt?--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 14:45, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
- I have made an edit. - 16:51, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
I still have the same. Yes that's the code the new way.--Station7 14:46, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
After the main page edit it seemed the same for me, but then I refreshed my cookies and it got right. Thanks :) --A.new.way 23:49, November 20, 2009 (UTC)
Season 6 Premiere
Why is there future information about Vincent on the front page of the site? I thought there was a strict no-spoiler policy here... LOST-Figg 16:11, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
- Once TPTB say it, it's no longer a spoiler.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 22:21, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
While I whole-heartedly agree with the above statement regarding info given from TPTB, this seems to fully fly in the face of current drama about the "jack/Locke" S6 stuff as well as ComicCon info being considered spoilers. --Dinsdale42 05:55, January 15, 2010 (UTC)
Final season of Lost on CTV in 2010
Despite having aired on the CTV-owned cable channel "A" last year, Lost will once again be broadcast on CTV for its sixth and final season. Promos to that effect have been airing since November. --NamesnotAnnie 02:24, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
- Excellent, that means we can watch it in HD! Burnside65 19:39, January 6, 2010 (UTC)
It's a redlink. Error or do we not have one for week 52?--Golden Monkey 21:16, December 22, 2009 (UTC)