| Talk archives
- BalkofFame made like a zillion changes to, what was, a perfectly fine article before. Why make, literally, hundreds of minor changes and all of them isolated? Now I spy some grammar errors and misspellings here as well as conjecture. This is ridiculous.--Easter 06:18, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
- A perfectly line but horrendously long article. Correct the grammar errors and misspellings. Which parts are conjecture? --- Balk Of Fame ♪ talk 09:45, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Poring over the rest (namely, I noticed stuff with S2 on island...it seemed a bit fanwanky), it seems fine. Not saying you put all that in...I've been watching this page for several years and there's been some stuff in the past with a certain fanbase's conjecture. I'm just wondering why you didn't put in your edits all at once? It makes it somewhat easier to see the edits without having to toggle back and forth, no? I'd agree with you that it was pretty lengthy.--Easter 13:00, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
- By the way, this line: "Later, Kate failed to arouse Jack, so she instead seduced Sawyer, who gently rebuked her." made me lolz. I found it funny cos it kinda seems to cite spoon-licking as some kind of foolproof seduction technique. Only on a deserted island...;)--Easter 13:34, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Isn't Kate 30 rather than 33 if she was born in 1977? The page says 33 and that she born in 1977 so that doesn't add up. Bellac230 22:50, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Is there any reason we are using that particular picture when there are 3 more possibilites where she is not awkwardly facing away from the camera? --LeoChris 03:53, December 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Changed a few pictures: the first one is now s1 "Kate introduces herself to Jack," then "Kate learns of Jack's plan to leave the island" in s3. Trying to put a bit of balance in here. Foreveritsyou 19:31, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
The main picture of her is absolutely horrible when she is one of the most beautiful woman please change it.
- On the island, Kate has had relationships with Sawyer and Jack. Both she seems to love and hate at times but who does she really love? Which is her true love? Jack has definately told Kate he loves her, in Through the Looking Glass. --User:AdamDS95, 18:06 01 January 2010
Only Desmond will have his Penny and only for a brief time. Jack and Kate, Faraday and his Redhead, Sawyer and Juilet, Danielle and Ben were not lovers, pieces in a game that some god played. Maybe it was Faraday who did not spare himself. Rose and Bernard held together the longest.--Past recaptured 20:19, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
"Kate currently holds no purpose other than to be killed by Claire in the very near future -- most LOST viewers hope it'll happen in the next episode." Well, it's *true*, and the possibility fills me with a unhealthy amount of hope. But this is also kinda biased, is it not? So removed. --Golden Monkey 16:26, February 24, 2010 (UT
I really wanted Claire to chop off Kate's head with her ax in this last episode, and I am disappointed that she didn't. I agree that her character seems to hold no purpose, unless it is to be killed off.Dr Girlfriend 19:16, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
- This is for discussing the article, not how much Kate sucks and how awesome it would be if she died. --Golden Monkey 19:43, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
It would seem from her 1st murder and her single bullet for MiB that Kate is more adept at killing than being killed.--Past recaptured 19:41, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
KATE IS A GOOD CHARACTER DAMMIT D,:<
So this probably sounds trivial (ok so some pun may have been intended) but under the trivia section there is a line that reads:
"Kate is one of the two characters who has their real name in the title of an episode. (2x09) (6x03) The other is Hurley, a.k.a. Hugo. (2x04) Arguably Locke had one also. (2x17)"
This is not actually true. Sun is also named in her first episode "House of the Rising Sun" (1x6) and if you take pseudonym's into consideration (aka Hugo) then Sawyer would also have one with "Lafleur" (5x14). Just thought this would be something worth updating. Yalcnot13 07:14, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed, not sure how I never noticed that myself. It's more likely to be Iowa.--Baker1000 12:23, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
Could someone help me out? The chronology of Kates pre-island story is messing me up. I know that her killing her dad and then the Cassidy run in when her mom told her to bugger off was mid 2001, and her wedding to the mope in Florida was August of 2002, and obviously her getting Tom Brennen killed would come before she robbed the bank to get the plane back. So my question is; is there anything to prove or indicate of the sequence is as the article implies Tom, bank, wedding. Or couldn't it be wedding, Tom, Bank, then Australia. It would make more sense to me this way for two reasons. A)this gives more time for her mom's cancer to develop (timeline has her healthy in the Cassidy episode then next time we see her she's ravaged by cancer) and B)After her mom telling her to leave her alone would make sense for her then to try and make a new life. Then when that fell apart she heard about her moms cancer and so on. Opinions?--Kavorka 09:34, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Please suggest an alternative. Bear in mind that it must be from Season 6's promotional shoots as we use the most up to date character photos. TBH I don't think there is much more to choose from. Evie is naturally beautiful but they went a little over board with the make-up in the series towards the end. I think it was to try and distinguish the three year time gap so she looked older than she did on the Island.--Baker1000 16:19, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
http://www.evangelinefan.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=339&pos=1 well this one is much better in my opinion.
- Yes that does look better. I don't actually have that photo on my computer, so all the other options I was looking at were slightly less usable. If no one objects soon, upload it and change it.--Baker1000 23:29, June 27, 2011 (UTC)
Please change the main picture to this http://www.evangelinefan.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=339&pos=1 it is from season 6 the promotional shoot and it is a much better one the one that is the main picture currently is awful and doesnt even look like kate.
- Photo is now uploaded and being used.--Baker1000 12:25, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- We don't have evidence that Tom was ever her boyfriend. But either way, we don't list all romantic interests in the infobox, just ones close enough to call family. Kate does have an article that describes all her realtionships in detail. --- Balk Of Fame ♪ talk 14:13, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
Yes, I just thought since Goodwin was listed under Juliets family as lover wouldnt Sawyer be put under mates family as lover?--Miamazing 14:47, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I think we should remove that from Juliet's article. But it probably wound up there because she and Goodwin were together for years. --- Balk Of Fame ♪ talk 17:02, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
Why is Kate under the category Mother? She is just like Mother also under this category. They aren't both mothers, they are adoptive mothers, not mothers. The same thing is about Rose. She is neither a mother and only mentioned during something, so she isn´t a mother neither. I thought during a deleted scene. Should we count that as canon? --Station7 21:24, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Mother isn't a mother? She's certainly a mother. In fact, she's Mother.
- Kate's a mother too. If nothing else, take Jacob's word for it: "You became a mother." --- Balk Of Fame ♪ talk 21:45, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
You know what I mean. Kate isn´t a mother. Does she has a child? No, she hasn´t. Aaron is her adoptive son, not directly her son. And I expected already an answer like that from you. And mother hasn´t been revealed as mother yet. So why is she under this category? It doesn´t make any sense. Mothers should being under that category, not adoptive mothers. --Station7 21:51, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Adoptive mothers are mothers.
- Everything about Mother and the entire second half of the series for Kate was about motherhood. The mother category would be miserably incomplete without them. --- Balk Of Fame ♪ talk 22:00, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
- I'd just like to say we don't know for sure that Mother never had children of her own before she ended up on the Island. She would certainly have good mothering skills for someone who didn't have her own children. I agree though, both are mothers even though they didn't give birth to the sons they raised. They were both referred to as a mother by those sons.--Baker1000 23:26, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
Kate's Ability to Escape
Kate IM really impressed on the movie LOST I liked it and you are my favorite character and I wish to meet you. You're an awesome actor. I liked when sawyer called you ( pecas.,, freckles ) please make my dream come true. GOD BLESS YOU take care