Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- The Incident was also a system failure.
- The Incident predated the system of pushing the Button, and thus created the need for that system.
- Desmond's system failure may not have coincided with the crash, since only the log printout links the two events.
- A system failure explains the extensive damage to other stations. For example, there may have been a time before the losties arrived that there was no fail safe. The electromagnetic anomaly grew out of control, and began to wreak havoc on the other stations. The Pearl had part of its roof ripped out, The Arrow seems too dusty and dirty to recognize, and The Staff has lights hanging from wires. No matter how strong a magnetic attraction is, the source object can not be damaged directly, explaining why The Swan was still fully operational. DHARMA may have decided that the damage done was beyond repair, and abandoned all projects other than The Swan, where they installed the fail safe and regularly initiated supply drops, to keep another accident from happening.
- Unlikely; other damage was mostly likely caused during the Purge.
- This is the actual event monitored by the men at the listening station. As the discharge has only happened once but the system failure has occurred two times and the men at the listening station saw the "anomaly" twice.
- Another vehicle will crash/has crashed due to the system failure in "Live Together, Die Alone, Part 1".