The "Swan Theme" plays during several scenes featuring the Swan station. Eerie motif representing the hatch, often played by string instruments as tremolos sul ponticello (rapid back-and-forth bowings near the bridge of the instrument).
Full list of appearances
The "Swan Theme" plays during the following scenes:
- Kate descends into the Hatch. ("Man of Science, Man of Faith")
- In a Previously on Lost recap, Jack reassures the survivors that they will be okay. ("Adrift")
- Kate leaves the Swan to fetch Sayid. ("Orientation")
- Desmond directs Jack to the Orientation Film. ("Orientation")
- Desmond talks to Jack about the Swan Station. ("Orientation")
- He blows the station's fuses and leaves. ("Orientation")
- The countdown timer hits four minutes. Locke and Jack debate what to do. ("Orientation")
- Locke and Jack talk to "Henry" following his suggesting ambushing Sayid and Ana-Lucia. ("Lockdown")
- In a Previously on Lost recap, Locke complains about the button after watching the Pearl Orientation Film. ("Further Instructions")
- Locke walks away from the Galaga after planting explosives. ("The Man from Tallahassee")
- DHARMA workers stamp numbers into the Hatch. ("Some Like It Hoth")
The theme appears in "The Final Countdown".