|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
Why she was not sent back in time like the other Oceanic 6'ers?Edit
- Sun wasn't sent back in time because she "betrayed" the Island by working for Charles Widmore just like Ben wasn't sent back in time because he moved the Island when Locke was suppose to and then even worse he came back
- Sun wasn't sent back in time because she was carrying a tracking device for Widmore. That is how he planned (successfully) to return to the Island. The tracking device worked as a sort of tether in time.
- Sun didn't travel back in time because she was originally not supposed to be on Oceanic 815, and thus not supposed to be on the island in the first place. If you remember, she was originally going to leave Jin at the airport, but it was through her free will that she stayed with him. The island made sure she got pregnant so as to force her off the island so she would not travel back to 1977. She was supposed to leave, but Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid were not.
- Wasn't she supposed to leave in LAX?
- She did not successfully replicate the conditions under which she originally went to the island.
- She was not supposed to have returned to the island. She was a mother and should have stayed with the child. She returned and it led to her death (Jin had the free will to escape, unlike her).
- She was never a candidate. Only one of the Kwon's was a candidate and that was Jin. That was the reason she didnt travel in time. She was just like any of the other passengers on Ajira.
- Also, another reason that Sun isn't the Kwon candidate is that Rose was listed as Henderson on the candidate wall, Henderson is her maiden name, so who's to say Sun isn't her maiden name, Paik.