Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
|Date of Birth||Unknown|
|Job(s)||Hair and Makeup Dep't Head|
Steve LaPorte was the head of the Hair and Makeup Department of the Lost production crew.
Makeup Artist Magazine: LaPorte applying body makeup to Maggie Grace.
LaPorte has been the head of this department from Season 1 through the present (Season 4). He also appears on the Season 2 DVD extra #6 entitled "The Whole Truth" (part of Lost: On Location (Season 2)), where he gives an interview and demonstrates some of the techniques used on Michael Emerson to create the appearance of injuries suffered by his character. He also appears in the extra "Crew Tribute with Evangeline Lilly" on the Lost: The Complete Third Season (DVD). He also appears in an issue of Makeup Artist Magazine in a photo series with Maggie Grace in gory body makeup for the episode "Hearts and Minds".
LaPorte applying wound makeup to the face of Michael Emerson, as seen on extra #6 from Season 2 DVD.
LaPorte is also known as a serious kite hobbyist and designer.
Crew that work in the Hair and Makeup Department under LaPorte include:
- Emily Katz, Makeup Supervisor
- Chantal Boom'la, Makeup Artist
- Laura Aguon, Addl' Makeup Artist
- Karen Iboshi Preiser, Addl' Makeup Artist
- Kendal Fleiser, Add'l Makeup Artist
- Doreen Schultz, Dept. Head Hair Stylist
- Rita Troy, Key Hair Stylist
- Joanne Miyata, Hair Stylist
- Tania Kahale, Addl' Hair Stylist
- Lotus Bendix, Addl' Hair Stylist
The staff in the hair and makeup trailer, with William Mapother (Lost: The Complete Third Season (DVD) extra "Lost in a Day")
- Lost: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
- Lost: The Complete Third Season (DVD).
- various segmentts of the extra "Lost in a Day" on the
LaPorte and Jorge Garcia in the article from The Honolulu Weekly.
- Flyingfaces.com - Official site for makeup and kites
- Lost-island.net - Article on Steve LaPorte (French language)
- Honolulu Weekly: The Lost Files - September 21, 2005 - Article includes an interview with LaPorte, as well as with cameraman Doug Olivares and second second assistant director Joyce McCarthy, along with comments from producers Jean Higgins and Jack Bender.
- New Tech Kites