Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stephen McPherson, Ex-President of ABC Entertainment.
Stephen McPherson was the president of the ABC Entertainment division from April 2004 until July 28th, 2010 when he abruptly resigned. He's been credited by ABC as being "...the driving force behind the network's primetime comeback,"  having shepherded such critical successes to the airwaves as Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Dancing with the Stars, and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
The combined success of Lost and Desperate Housewives during his first season, both of which he'd previously helped develop for Touchstone Entertainment, netted ABC the largest season-to-season increase in viewership among the key young adult demographic of any major network in the last 25 years.
- Is a graduate of Cornell University
- ABCMedianet's bio
- ABCMedianet press release.
- MSN News - McPherson unexpectedly announced a cast change a day before Comic Con 2007 at an ABC television critics' executive session.
- Zap2it - May 18, 2004 - article on McPherson's first month on the job in his ABC post
- Zap2it - May 15, 2007 - article on McPherson's ideas about Lost's time slot for Season 4 in 2008
- Variety - January 15, 2009 - "ABC hit gold when TV trio launched" - describes ABC's turnaround with McPherson's rise
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found