|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- In the Sri Lanka Video, Mittelwerk references that they must "target precise genetic targets," suggesting that the spider protocol might involve genetic testing, or biomanipulation of particular genetic profiles.
- The mysterious island site for the Spider Protocol implementation may be Punkuduvitu Island off the coast of north-eastern Sri Lanka. There is a village called Vallan on this island. Vallan is one of the villages mentioned by Mittelwerk in the Sri Lanka video.
- Spider Protocol may be a reference to a programming language used exclusively on THF computers.
- The site is the Island.
- In which case, could The Spider Protocol be related to the vaccine? Were the others cut off from the outside world by THF as a means of testing the Spider Protocol in a confined space?
- Spider Protocol IS The Island, and "spider protocol" it's something like a nickname for the DHARMA Project, because their logos are like a spider web.
- The spider protocol, as it seems to be a genetic project, could be the mysterious black smoke, created by the DHARMA initiative, whether intentionally or unintentionally.
- If so, and it was in fact created unintentionally, it could have over run Dharma and be the reason the island was cut off from the outside world.
- In one of the DHARMA videos released during the last ARG, this question appeared: "Why does the female black widow kill the male after mating?" I'm not sure about the answer, but this seems to lend spider imagery to the theme of conning, of using people and then throwing them away, in the show. Perhaps the Island, or something on it, was intended, by Dharma presumably, for use and subsequent annihilation. Maybe the Initiative was going to use the Island to change the past to create a better world for humans, but then destroy the Island, so no one could ever change things again, thus cementing the "perfect world" they were creating.
- Use an anagram generator to find out some of the MANY interesting results for "spider protocol"