Bernard is working on his SOS sign alone, and Rose comes to see him. She says she lied to him - Isaac of Uluru did not heal her.
In a flashback, we see Rose and Bernard in the airport.
In the present, Rose tells Bernard that she felt her cancer leave her as soon as she landed on the island. Bernard suggests she could be in temporary remission, or perhaps Isaac really did heal her. She says she knows the Island healed her.
In the airport, Rose drops some drugs. Locke, in a wheelchair, retrieves them.
Bernard tells Rose that if she wants to stay on the island, so does he.
Full list of appearances
"Rose and Bernard" and its variations appear in the following scenes.
- Rose tells Bernard she has cancer. ("S.O.S.")
- Rose watches Bernard try to recruit Sawyer. ("S.O.S.")
- Rose leaves Bernard. ("S.O.S.")
- Rose decides to tell Bernard that Isaac of Uluru succeeded in curing her cancer. ("S.O.S.")
- In a flashback, Rose meets a wheelchair-bound Locke. In the present, Rose tells Bernard the island healed her. ("S.O.S.")
- Bernard talks to Jin about karma. ("Ji Yeon")
- Rose and Bernard explain their retirement. ("The Incident, Part 1")
- Bernard returns to his seat on the plane. ("LA X, Part 1")
- Desmond wakes up at Rose and Bernard's cabin. ("The End")
"Karma Jin-itiative" uses the theme from "Rose and Bernard".