Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1975 (age 41)|
|Origin||Petrópolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
Rodrigo Junqueira dos Reis Santoro is a native of, and a known star in Brazil, where he has won awards as best actor in Brazilian 90s soap operas, series and international movies. Santoro was the voice actor who dubbed his own lines as Paulo in the Portuguese broadcast of Lost in Brazil. 
- Was featured in People Magazine's 2006 Sexiest Man Alive issue, on page 105.
- Played the part of the mighty Xerxes, the androgynous, enormously tall, bald, barely-clothed God-King of the Persian Empire in the Zack Snyder film 300.
- Played the role of Karl, the office love interest of Laura Linney's character in Love Actually (2003).
- Shares a birthday with Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje.
Comments by Lost production crew
In producers interview to TV Guide, Rodrigo Santoro is described with phrases like:
"Rodrigo has won, like, eight best-actor awards, including the first-ever best-actor award for the Brazilian Academy of Arts and Film." - Carlton Cuse
"He's a huge star in Brazil." - Carlton Cuse
"He keeps getting described to us as the Brazilian Tom Cruise." - Damon Lindelof
"Although we like to refer to him as the Brazilian Russell Crowe." - Carlton Cuse
"He's also the mystery man opposite Nicole Kidman in those Chanel commercials that Baz Luhrmann directed"
"He's "the surfer dude in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. He was the hunk in the beach scene with Demi Moore." - Carlton Cuse
"We also think he is an incredibly talented actor." - Damon Lindelof
"He's a guy who's perfect for Lost because he's a face that the American audience is not familiar with, but he's been in the business long enough, you know, [that he's also] an awesome actor that makes some really interesting choices." - Damon Lindelof
- Exclusive! Lost Snags "Brazilian Tom Cruise" - Producers Interview to TV Guide
- See article about Rodrigo Santoro in Wikipedia
- Rodrigo Santoro Online - Fan site (English and Portuguese)
- Chanel N°5 commercial - starring Rodrigo Santoro and Nicole Kidman
- ABC press release with first confirmation of actor/character.
- YouTube - a clip from the Brazilian dubbed broadcast in which Santoro dubbing his own lines as Paulo in Portuguese.