|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- The map is a map to the Other's Village - The switchback road would only be used for steep or impassable terrain.
- The map show plans for building a road between the Swan hatch and some other higher elevation location, but was never completed (perhaps due to the Incident).
- Even if it was completed, 20+ years of natural erosion and overgrowth would have wiped it out.
- It might be connected to the subterranean conduit, or even be the subterranean conduit itself.
- If there was a car found on the overgrown road, it could be possible that it leads to the Pala Ferry. This would be a reasonable explanation for the VW bus tipped over with the deceased DHARMA workman "Roger".
- Either the road was never completed, or it was completely overgrown before Radzinsky began making the blast door map, which doesn't show any roads.
- It looks like the "road" ends where there was a concrete wall in the Swan. Maybe it is a tunnel, not a road.
- But if it was a tunnel, it wouldn't need the switchbacks.