Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- As characters find redemption, people or groups of people go wrong :
- DHARMA's first intention was to save the world but they went wrong. They may have done experiments on humans who became the hostiles.
- The intention of the Others was to protect the Island and the people on it. But they went wrong to achieve this goal : kidnapping children to "protect" them, then Claire...
- Jack's intention is to have the Losties rescued, but he fails to see they're safer on the Island than in the real world.
- This shows people can start pursuing a goal with a good intention and carry on as they're led to do wrong to achieve their legitimate goal.
They fail to see they're losing themselves while trying to do good. This is reverse redemption, or losing one's soul.
This raises the question : Does the greater good justify all actions ?