The book revolves around John Clark, a man who conducts missions under the sanction of President Ryan. Clark battles a group of terrorists so extreme that they threaten life as we know it.
- A copy of the book is found on the shelf in the Swan hatch, shown very briefly.
- One of the book's chapters, and numerous computer games based on the Rainbow Six book is entitled "Lockdown".
- The publish date of this book (1998) was long after the time that the Swan was supposedly built (before 1980, the date of the Swan orientation film). This is likely due to prop error (background filler material used, not meant to be analyzed), given the extremely brief appearance of the book, though fans have used this to support hatch restocking theories. It is just as likely that someone who arrived since then brought it with them.
- In the video games Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, which are loosely based on Clancy's series, a character's name is Michael Walter.
- The Tom Clancy video games are produced by Ubisoft, makers of Lost: Via Domus.