|Main Article||Theories about|
Rachel Blake Italy 01
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- Rachel's reference to lies being 'in the genes' could refer to a lie she was told in the past by a relative, most likely her father (she seems to have no angst with her mother, and 'daddy issues' is a recurring Lost theme).
- If the above statement is taken as true, then the lying father could be someone at the Hanso Foundation. Perhaps she discovered someone there was her biological father and made her sick (a similarity with Kate Austen).
- Perhaps this was a nickname given to Mrs.Calabash by a lover/husband, and Rachel picked up on it growing up. But, if this is just this use of an old phrase, then Rachel's mother could actually be dead.
- Similar to the theory above, I think that the Mrs. Calabash reference is to a relative. My own theory is that her mother may have met Valenzetti, who is RB's father, while he was in hiding after the 60's, and that RB was conceived then. Valenzetti had to keep his identity hidden, so he and her mother concocted this secret nickname "Mrs. Calabash" when they wanted to communicate. RB probably heard her mother say it in the past (much as Jack heard his father say "that's why the Red Sox will never win the series), but didn't know the significance, and repeats it unknowingly.
- Quote: "We have no choice but to fall back to the original island target. While THF has not utilized the site for some time, its unique properties render it more than adequate for our purposes at this particular juncture."