Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- Rx is a term for "prescription" as in prescription drugs.
- GND is actually used by the medical profession:
- GND is a vaccine which protects against the psychoactive effects of cocaine.
- GND is a salvage therapy for patients with relapsed Hogkin Lymphoma (a form of cancer)
- GND could just be a random 3-letter notation for a nonformulary drug; many non-named drug codes do not necessarily have meaning
- GND is also often used to refer to "ground" - maybe "underground" in this case. It could also mean ground in the sense of electrical ground, which might tie it to the electromagnet in the Swan Station.
- The GND formula may help individuals weather the magnetic effects of the island better. Someone treated with Rx-1 GND in any of its forms may have been resistant to the disorienting effects of a Discharge.
- RX is a term used for "receive".
- RX-1GND could also be the name of a supplier which is subcontracted by the DHARMA Initiative.
- GND could be a reference to an in-joke from the original Star Trek series; conduits and such seen in the background were sometimes labeled GNDN, indicating that the pipe "Goes Nowhere, Does Nothing".
Label added to existing products
It is possible that 1½" x ½" labels (with blue bars on top and bottom) were added to existing products. Labels of this size may be added to items to declare ownership and to make sure that they get returned to their proper place. Since they have the Caduceus Logo they belong in the Medical Station. Maybe the Rx-1 designation has also the meaning of belonging to that station, however there was no Caduceus Logo on the vial in The Swan.
The glue could have been placed in a leftover vaccine bottle, with much of the label ripped off.