Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
Characters by role in the narrative structure
- John Locke, not Jack Shephard, is central protagonist of the series.
- Although Jack technically has more centric episodes, it is Locke's perspective and decisions which are often more identifiable for the audience and actively beneficial to the plot.
- The producers originally meant for Jack to be merely a false protagonist, with planned Kate Austen as the emerging leader and protagonist following his death in the pilot.
- Jack Shephard and Ben Linus primarily serve as thematic foils to John Locke.
- Charles Widmore is the chief antagonist of the series.
Is Jack Shepard's status really known
- Jack is probably dead but isn't confirmed. His status should be changed to Unknown —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Endquote (talk • contribs) .
- He killed the last smoke monster, MiB. MiB killed the smoke monster before him, "Mother". It is possible that Jack Shepard is the new smoke monster. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Endquote (talk • contribs) .
- Jack told Christian, "I died."--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 12:52, May 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Which was in the afterlife, so heoretically they should all be classed as dead. But the statuses are based on the end of season 6.