Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Outside references are deliberately inserted references to Lost from TV shows, movies, and other outside sources.
For cultural allusions in Lost, see Portal:Culture.
- In the 2008 Stephen King novel, Edgar Freemantle notes that another character's ease of accepting supernatural happenings is based on being "raised on shows like X-Files and Lost".
- Inside the cover of the Entertainment Weekly Magazine , featuring Harry Potter and Voldemort, is a pull tab that reveals a special two-sided advertisement for ABC's new show The Unusuals featuring Harold Perrineau (aka Michael) from Lost. The back of the ad is designed to look like a desk with stuff all over it, and there is a Word Search-type puzzle with the phrase "ONAFTERLOST" circled, and above the puzzle under a coffee mug is a "claim check" (what it is for is uncertain) but the numbers on the claim check are "42 23 16 15 8 4", which are the numbers backwards.
Prison Break: The Classified FBI Files
- T-Bag is referenced by Jeanette Owens as Mr. Friendly.
- In the October 15-21 2009 Issue, a fake DHARMA letter was written from Dr. Pierre Chang to someone at The Orchid. On closer inspection, the letter was a clever advert for Lost S5 on Bluray and DVD.
Under the Dome
- In Stephen King's 2009 book "Under the Dome," there is a quote from "the Scottish guy" (Desmond), "Don't mistake coincidence for fate" (although the quote was actually said by Eko and repeated later by Locke to Desmond).
- There is also a reference to "The Hunted Ones," which is described as "a clever sequel to Lost."