|Main Article||Theories about|
Old Scooter Man
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- He is the same character as the Priest, also played by actor Glenn Cannon, in an earlier episode, "The Moth".
- He is not intended to be the same character as the Priest. The cap worn by the scooter character has a gambling theme, and does not suit a priest. Actors are often "reused" for bit-parts like this.
- He is the priest's bad twin.
- He is a good person so Jacob made him miss his flight by making Hurley late, thus he'd buy his scooter.
- He is Sam Toomey.
- He didn't kill himself, only faked his death because he thought the curse would leave him if everyone thought he was dead. He met Hurley because Lenny told him he used the numbers and came to warn him. But before he could, Hurley bought the scooter and took off.