|Podcast Summary • Podcast Transcript|
Lost Video Podcast
October 3rd 2006
Running Length 15:50
This episode pre-hashes "A Tale of Two Cities".
This episode also introduced video podcasts for the first time - the name of the podcast was changed to the Official Lost Video Podcast temporarily, including the podcast art.
Podcast Description: LOST: Season 3, Podcast 1: Featuring Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.
Promised by the Producers:
- Season three will have more adventure and romance (as will the video podcasts).
- The explanation behind Locke's paralysis and Jack's tattoos will be revealed.
- Michael and Walt will return.
Damon Lindelof's hat, showing the first public view of the logo from the Hydra
For the first time, there are video questions from the fans recorded at Comic-Con.
- [Carolyn] - "Are there two factions of Others?" - Carlton claims there's nine factions of Others. While this is probably a joke, Lindelof confirms there is more than one faction in the Others.
- [April] - Are the crashes on the Island a coincidence and, if not, was that planned from the beginning. - This question is avoided, instead the producers talk about a Scout Trooper in the background of the question.
- [Christie] - "Are people not paying attention to the extra LOST projects (such as the Lost Experience) missing out?" - The producers say no, but people who are paying attention love the show more than you.
- [Byron] - "Is Kate an Other?" - An answer was avoided due to the elongated question.
- [Ed] - "Is there a zoological station on the Island?" - Damon says there's a clue in the podcast that confirms the zoological question. The clue is the Dharma logo on Damon's hat.
- [Chelsea] - "What will happen to Walt?" - They say what happened to Michael and Walt was very compelling, but will not be addressed for some time on the show. Carlton promises Walt is fine.
- [Karen] - "Have the fans had influence in who Kate gets with?" - Kate will pick who the character would pick and not based on who fans want.
- [Katie] - "What was the light at the end of the last season? How can nobody find the Island again? What's the reason everyone is interconnected? What's with the Numbers?" - All questions are avoided.
Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse
- Damon is seen holding his coffee cup.
- There's a Dharma logo stitched onto Damon's hat.
- This logo is of a previously unknown Hydra station (as revealed by Carlton around 12 minute mark.)
- The podcast was recorded before Lost: A Tale of Survival aired.
- Running gags from previous podcasts referenced: Carlton's cowboy hat, Damon's pants, and holding hands.
- The Podcast is recorded in Damon Lindelof's office presumably in Building 23 of the Disney studio lot.
- Pirates of the Caribbean 3 is being filmed across from Damon's office.
- The homages to Charles Dickens are because he was an author of serialized stories accused of making things up as he went along, like the writers on Lost.
- The title of "A Tale of Two Cities" refers to the crash survivors and the Others.
- If they were Kate, Carlton would pick Sawyer and Damon would pick Jack.
- The first part of Chelsea's question has been edited out, but the producers still answer it. The question asks when they will be in San Diego again.
- Damon continues his jokes of things happening off screen during the recording of the podcasts by saying Carlton is rubbing his knee against his below the frame.
- Words Carlton "made up" during the Podcast: Nothers (Combining words "numbers" and "others").