|Podcast Summary • Podcast Transcript|
November 21st 2005
Running Length 26:00
Podcast Description: In the third installment, clues exclusive to this podcast series are revealed by creator/executive producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Carlton Cuse. They discuss the upcoming episode "Collision" and take a look back at "The Other 48 Days". Also, Cynthia Watros (Libby) discusses her experiences moving to Hawaii and joining the cast of Lost.
Interview with Cynthia Watros
- Cynthia Watros discusses the experience of entering into the show, and how she immediately felt that it was a wonderful family.
- She mentions that the entire process of getting into Lost, from auditions and screen tests to meetings to being given the part to having to move to Hawaii happened with the span of about two weeks, which "was memorable because it all happened so quickly".
Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse
"The Other 48 Days" rehash
- Damon and Carlton talk about pitching the idea for the episode to the network: "Well, we want to do a clip show for a season of television that was never shot."
- Carlton reveals that the DHARMA station that the Tailies found is called The Arrow.
- The objects in the trunk are important -- they were not randomly chosen (except the blankets).
- The leadership of the two survivor camps is contrasted:
- Ana Lucia flashback
- Damon and Carlton talk about the casting of Michelle Rodriguez.
- What movies have influenced the writers and the show?
- Mostly science fiction movies. Damon mentions Aliens, episodes of The Twilight Zone, Michael Crichton's works, such as Jurassic Park, Westworld, and The Andromeda Strain. Carlton mentions Stephen King.
- Jack's hair hasn't grown. Is he balding?
- No, Jack is not balding.