Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Podcast Summary • Podcast Transcript|
March 20, 2006
Running Length 28:53
Exeutive Producer Bryan Burk recounts casting the pilot, as well as discussing the post-production process on the show, and Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse discuss the upcoming episode, "The Whole Truth."
Bryan Burk interview
- Talks about how he started working with Bad Robot and J.J. Abrams on the show Alias.
- Talks about the casting of Kate.
- Casting took place before all of the characters had been created. Some characters were created for certain actors, such as Sun for Yunjin Kim.
- Talks about Easter eggs.
- In "Pilot, Part 2," the French transmission mentions the Black Rock, though Shannon never translates it.
Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse
- At the time of this podcast, they were currently writing the final three episodes of the season.
- They talk about sweeps and how they affect the broadcast schedule for Lost.
"Maternity Leave" rehash
- They won't say what the name of the medical hatch is.
- Damon: "One of the things we like to pride ourselves on the show... is that when someone dies on Lost, they're dead, and that's really it. We're not trying to be sneaky and they're gonna come back as a zombie."
- The two knots that Eko cut from his beard are perhaps connected to the two men he killed in "The Other 48 Days."
"The Whole Truth" prehash
- Sun and Jin flashback.
- The first five minutes of the episode are entirely in Korean.
- Sun has another secret besides the fact that she could speak English.
- We'll learn a little bit more about Henry Gale.
- Where did all the tarps come from? How many tarps are there on the island?
- Big planes like Oceanic 815 carry a lot of freight.
- They joke that Australia is the tarp capital of the world.
- Since the hatch was opened, does anyone still live in the caves?
- No, the Losties are building more permanent shelters at the beach.
- The producers didn't want the Losties divided into three factions (hatch, caves, beach). They also felt that the caves were kind of depressing anyways.
- What about Walt?
- It will be a big story point for the end of the season.
- They won't let the Michael/Walt situation drag out past the end of the season.
- In Hurley's dream in "Everybody Hates Hugo", Walt's picture can be seen on the milk carton?
- This is interesting because "Hurley doesn't know that Walt has been taken yet."
- "The idea of dreams on the Island is going to become a little more prevalent in episodes to come."
- The "zombie season" gag originated in this podcast.
- Damon comments that this is the first time a phone in the background has rung while recording the podcast.