|Podcast Summary • Podcast Transcript|
July 31st, 2006
For the full transcript, see Official Lost Podcast transcript/July 31, 2006
Running Length 53:36
Executive Producers and cast members answer fan questions at Comic Con 2006. Panelists include: Executive Producers Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse and Bryan Burk; cast members Jorge Garcia ("Hurley") and Daniel Dae Kim ("Jin"). Rachel Blake makes an appearance at Comic Con 2006.
- Strangest theories they've heard:
- The actors get the script a few days before filming, and know little about the larger arc or mysteries.
- The producers confirm (again) that they have an arc for the whole show.
- Before each season, the writers sit together for 3 weeks and plan the arc for the whole season.
- There is always room for improvisation, especially how the characters develop relate to each other. For instance, Michael and Jin were meant to be enemies, but the chemistry between the actors led to their emerging friendship.
- They have to stick to the mythology of the Island (like DHARMA) and hope they don't "f*** up".
- The fan response does have an influence on the show.
- The producers were disappointed because they were not nominated for an Emmy Award for best drama.
- The statue is older than 50 years.
- Damon: "It’s interesting that you should ask about time because... you’re making a basic assumption that they’ve been there as long as they think they’ve been there. I would say by the end of Season 3, that very different idea..." Carlton: "Stop right there, Damon, stop right there."
- The panel host commented, "Damon, the actors looked surprised when you said that!"
- They are asked about an underwater hatch, and they decline to confirm or deny the existence of an underwater hatch.
- Rose and Bernard do not work for the DHARMA Initiative
- After 18 minutes, Rachel Blake appears [Video].
- After 28 minutes, the podcast was interrupted by a "pirate" who read the code for a hansoexposed.com glyph - see clue for details.
- The hieroglyphs on the countdown timer roughly translate as "underworld".
- Desmond will be back on the show next season.
- The Monster is not a cloud of nanobots.
- Regarding Libby's story, Damon says: "Some of those blanks will be filled in the course of Season 3, and some beyond."
- Damon: "When a character dies on the show, they’re dead. The only time you’ll see them again is in someone else’s flashback."
- Season 3 will be different than Seasons 1 & 2.
- There will be more "relationships" in season 3.
- They see each season as a unified book, like each volume of Harry Potter
- The name of the first episode is "A Tale of Two Cities."