|Podcast Summary • Podcast Transcript|
February 12, 2009
Running Length: 14:47
Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof rehash "This Place Is Death"
- The authors just decided to title the episode “This Place Is Death” and gave this line to Charlotte to justify it.
- The joke about having introduced time travel in order to tell Rousseau's story
- The big mystery of Montand’s arm has finally been revealed.
- The place where Montand is sucked down is the Smoke Monster's 'Camp David': when he is not where he lives, that’s just where he hangs out.
- The authors referred it internally as the declivity, or better: the declivity in the Temple wall.
- The Temple is not on the same side with the declivity; you might have to hike a little bit.
- Whatever happened to the science team down the declivity, the encounter with the Monster did alter them "and not for the better."
Prehash of "316"
- Carlton refers to "316" as 507, even if it's actually the sixth episode of the fifth season.
- Episodes 506 (“The Life And Death Of Jeremy Bentham”) and 507 (“316”) were written simultaneously and can be watched in either order.
- The authors felt like the order that made more sense (meaning: it was cooler) was to show “507” first.
- In "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" we'll find out how John Locke ended up in the coffin.
- Which cast member of Lost would you like to see become a successful cast member of the show “Dancing With The Stars”?
- Hurley. He could easily win.
- Is Theresa, who Desmond met in "Jughead", in the same kind of time trance as Eloise the rat or George Minkowski from the freighter?
- It’s entirely plausible that Faraday's friend Theresa might have been someone who he tried to do little consciousness travelling with. And things didn’t work out too well.
- Was Christian Shephard’s body a factor in the 815 making it to the Island? Is resurrection of a sort possible for Christian? Is he more than just an image that Island is using to communicate?
- In "316" we might find out about John Locke’s body in relation to Christian Shephard’s body and the word “proxy” might be mentioned.
- What happened to Bpo Bpo, Sun’s dog?
- Bpo Bpo might be one of those mysteries that just doesn’t get answered by the end of the show.
- In "The Other Woman", Harper mentions that Juliet looks like her. Is this a reference to either Ben’s mother or Ben’s childhood friend Annie?
- According to Damon's therapist, "your mother is the only one who counts in, so you keep sort of trying to replicate that through your life."
- Not a question: Stacey Je from Raleigh states that Season 5 is actually Zombie season.
- If you wrote Star Wars Episodes 1 through 3 what major changes would you have made?
- Damon would start with the Jar Jar… Star Wars own Nikki and Paulo.
- Getting paid by ABC for plugging their shows.
- The jig is up.
- Zombie season.