Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Podcast Summary • Podcast Transcript|
February 6, 2006
Running Length: 27:49
Podcast description: This installment features a special interview with actress Evangeline Lilly, who plays the alluring and enduring Kate. Plus, executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse discuss the long-awaited Sawyer episode, "The Long Con".
Evangeline Lilly interview
- She was surprised she got the part for Lost because she had done twenty-something auditions, and the Lost audition was the only one where she didn't feel confident about her performance.
- She talks about the difficulties of blocking the scene in "Collision" where Kate tells Sawyer to swallow the pill.
- Regarding the Kate/Jack/Sawyer love triangle, she doesn't think it would be realistic for Kate to make a definitive choice anytime soon.
Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse
"Fire + Water" rehash
- Locke has emerged as a protector of Aaron.
- Locke is becoming frustrated with his role on the Island, pushing the button in the hatch.
- Damon and Carlton point out some Easter eggs:
- Pink Floyd fans will recognize the building across the Thames in Charlie's flashback.
- The same building has a Widmore Construction sign on it. "You'll hear more about the Widmore company in the future."
- The drug smugglers' plane can be seen in Charlie's second dream right before the dove appears, but only in the HD version of the episode or on the Season 2 DVDs.
"The Long Con" prehash
- Sawyer flashback.
- There will be an interesting character cross in the flashback.
- Character crosses are "not something that we do as Easter eggs but part of a larger mythology of Lost."
- If he was on the Island, which Lost character would Damon be most like?
- Damon relates to Jack and Locke the most.
- Is there any connection between economist Adam Smith and Walt?
- How basically did you get from getting an idea from this TV show to writing episodes every week to be filmed?
- There's some documentaries about the creation of the show on the Season 1 DVD.
- When Mr. Friendly shouted for Alex in "The Hunting Party," could that be Danielle's daughter Alex?
- Also, Mr. Friendly isn't his real name.
- Is Locke's boss from "Walkabout" and Hurley's boss from "Everybody Hates Hugo" the same person?
- What happened to the caves?
- The caves' role as a protective shelter has been replaced by the hatch.
- In "Fire + Water," was there a black dove next to the white dove, or was that a shadow?
- It was a shadow. The scene was meant to look like the painting from the beginning of the episode. The shadow makes it look like the dove is flying out of the painting.
- This is also the podcast in which the many numerous Brokeback Mountain jokes happen.