|Podcast Summary • Podcast Transcript|
August 1, 2008
Running Length: 30:26
- The panel was sponsored by the Dharma Initiative.
- Hans Van Eeghen says the results of the ASR tests were "abysmal".
- Five recruits who did pass the test were taken backstage to view a secret video.
- The Island did not travel when the hatch imploded and the sky turned purple.
- We have not seen the last of Jin or Locke. Carlton: "Dead is a relative term... There is a lot of [their] story yet to be told. The show will still have both those characters on the show."
- Seasons 5 and 6 will have 17 hours each.
- Carlton's favorite episode is "The Constant" and favorite season is Season 1.
- Damon's favorite episode is the Season 1 finale and favorite season is Season 4.
- When asked about the Lost advertisements in which the cast's reflection in the water looks like a cityscape, Damon & Carlton affirm that there aren't any clues in that.
- Carlton: "You will see definitively this year Rousseau's story, but to use the word flashback would be disingenuous."
- Damon: "We're steering away from the word flashback and embracing a whole new word." Carlton: "There will still be flashbacks and flashforwards on the show... but something new will be happening."
- The other writers don't know everything, but they know quite a bit.
- Damon and Carlton have seen "Lost Horizon," but it was not really an influence on the show.
- Vincent is okay and will appear in Season 5. It's safe to say Vincent will make it to the end of the show.
- Matthew Fox makes a surprise appearance at the panel.
- Kate will see Sawyer again.
- Damon & Carlton joke that Daniel Faraday stands a better chance of surviving than the other people (socks) in the Zodiac.
- Damon: "When Season 5 starts, you're not gonna know when and where you are... The way we tell stories is gonna be a little different too."
- Daniel knew about the secondary protocol because of his notebook. Damon: "Written in that notebook are things that have already happened or about to happen, and it will figure very prominently into Season 5."
- In "The Other Woman" after Charlotte took Kate into The Tempest, basically Charlotte explained that "there is a station where they manufacture massive amounts of poison gas that can wipe out the entire population of the Island, and that they were going to neutralize it as a precautionary measure."
- The writers like to write themselves into corners and then try to write themselves out of it.
- Richard Alpert is quite old. (Matthew Fox's guess of 125 was wrong.)
- Rather than answering how many toes Richard Alpert has, they say we will see him barefoot in the near future.
- Dan Bronson (one of the Dharma recruits) interrupts and shows the Dharma booth video (not included in this audio podcast).